• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
metal gear rising's on sale but i don't have enough steam wallet and the marsmoviemoments deal seems to be dead at the momment

v3aWOG9.png

That's what happened to me and Baldur's Gate II EE :(

I just finished Far Cry 3, btw. Liked it a lot, and had some good ideas which I had missed from games (last time I actively hunted and skinned animals was in RDR). I loved the scenery, the driving felt pretty solid (especially when you drive in jungle or mountain roads and visibility sucks), the gunplay was very satisfying and the enemies' physics were very good. In general I felt it was a satisfying experience. The ending was very abrupt, and some missions could have been less meh, but overall it was a solid A- or B.

I absolutely hated the texture pop-in and the somewhat atrocious FOV (I would see half-loaded trees or buildings with naked eye in the distance, would use my sniper rifle's scope to watch at the same point again, and would see the textures loading). I also hated the nasty-ass tree textures whenever I used the kite to fly above the island.

Won't bother with all the extra missions and the metagame, as it has not lost its novelty (Steam says 22 hours of game time, but 3 or 4 of them were recorded by accident when I left uPlay open).

Cade

THERE are the pictures. Not that there was anything exciting, but still. Damn. Was really hoping Desktop Dungeons would've won its vote. Onward to winter.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I guess I'd better be off buying La-Mulana and Ikaruga before the sale comes to its conclusion.

Really too bad about that missed flash deal opportunity for Ikaruga, but overall I'm pretty satisfied.
I'd rather wait. We know now that Ikaruga can be $2.50, so it's only a matter of when will that happen.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
This is the last one I have planned. It's definitely the last gift I have in my possession. Give it a good home.

Many thanks my friend for this oh so wonderful gift. I really can't tell you how much of a smile Resident Evil 4 puts on my face when I play it and now I finally can having lost my copy some years ago in a movie.

For anyone who wants to save the image, perhaps for alteration in the future.

I know it's not much, but it's the best I could do with what I had left. Good luck and keep being awesome, SteamGAF! <3

It's not the amount given, it's the intent. Good fun games both of them (especially One Way Heroics) and that makes it a great giveaway.

Unless one of them is secretly Bad Rats, in which case I'm going to your house and forcing you to play non-stop Let's Tap on Wii.

Jedi2016

Went ahead and jumped on a couple of smaller titles that never showed up on Dailies. Total take for the sale was five games, just under $24. Slim pickings this year, I either already owned them or just didn't want them.

UncleBiz

Excited for Divinity to fully release tomorrow! I've only played a bit so I don't spoil it, but I can tell that it'll definitely be worth it

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's not the amount given, it's the intent. Good fun games both of them (especially One Way Heroics) and that makes it a great giveaway.

Unless one of them is secretly Bad Rats, in which case I'm going to your house and forcing you to play non-stop Let's Tap on Wii.

Joke's on you, I like Let's Tap!

Terra_Ex

Despite the Steam community's best efforts to prevent it, you've all been graced with one final chance to pick up Divinity: Original Sin at a reduced price. Don't waste it, full game's out tomorrow!

Mordeccai

other than the market being screwy a few times and the front page images being missing right now for a period of five minutes i don't think the servers have been a problem all sale *shrugs*

On the server front, I'm mostly salty that they cap us at 5 megs down for downloads. I was very impressed with Origin's download speeds recently when I tried the Titanfall free weekend (thank god the speeds were high... 50 gig game is ridiculous). I mean I get that Steam has a much larger install base and 100x the games, but I wanna be able to use my high internet speeds :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom