• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

The worst thing about the red team were all the people who wanted to bail out of the team at the start of the sale, don't lie we know who you are.

HoosTrax

Anyone know anything about Zinfrak? It's cheap and someone on my friends list bought it.

I literally had a dream about it (probably because I've been playing too much Saints Row 4 and there's a character called Zinyak). Turns out it's a game on Steam (which I probably saw before and subconsciously filed away in the back of my mind). Might be my cup of tea, since I 100%ed Galaxy on Fire and had 300 hours in X3: TC.

cicero

Despite the Steam community's best efforts to prevent it, you've all been graced with one final chance to pick up Divinity: Original Sin at a reduced price. Don't waste it, full game's out tomorrow!

If only they hadn't locked down the RU purchases...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the server front, I'm mostly salty that they cap us at 5 megs down for downloads. I was very impressed with Origin's download speeds recently when I tried the Titanfall free weekend (thank god the speeds were high... 50 gig game is ridiculous). I mean I get that Steam has a much larger install base and 100x the games, but I wanna be able to use my high internet speeds :[

Steam has a vast array of third-party content servers. Steam -> Settings -> Download -> Download region. Do note, however, that if the content you're requesting isn't on the nominated server, then Steam will choose another one.

Soi-Fong

Dayum. Only bought two things this sale. Shadowrun Returns and Planetary Annihilation. Might jump on Divinity.. Not sure..

Which is good considering I'm thinking of dropping 150 on the Premium beta for Elite: Dangerous.

PFD

Hover over the images to see what it is.

post-25196-BRB-using-imagination-since-no-B9lT.gif

usingimaginations8sf0.jpg

Despite the Steam community's best efforts to prevent it, you've all been graced with one final chance to pick up Divinity: Original Sin at a reduced price. Don't waste it, full game's out tomorrow!

Thrilled, picked it up! Should I go ahead and get the download going, or will I just have to redownload everything tomorrow? Apologize if stupid. Haha

Turfster

These should be the correct percentages, reposting for new page

Encore day
  • Kerbal Space Program 40% off
  • The Witcher 2 80% off
  • South Park xx33% off
  • 7 Days to Die 45% off
  • GTA IV 70% off
  • Dragon Age Origins 75% off
  • State of Decay 75% off
  • Lego Movie The Videogame 75% off
  • Tomb Raider 75% off
  • Divinitiy Original Sin 20% off
  • XCOM:EU 83% off
  • Fallout New Vegas 66% off
  • Civilization V 75% off
  • Dark Souls 75% off
  • Dynasty Warriors 8 50% off
  • CS:GO 50% off
  • Planetary Annihilation 66% off
  • Borderlands 2 75% off
  • Skyrim 75% off
  • Arma III 50% off
  • ROME II 66% off
  • Age of Wonders III 50% off
  • Saints Row IV 75% off
  • Wasteland 2 33% off
  • Dishonored 75% off
  • The Wolf Among Us 66% off
  • Far Cry 3 75% off
  • Space Engineers 33% off
  • Brothers 80% off
  • The Walking Dead Season 2 50% off
  • Banished 50% off
  • Batman Oranges 75% off
  • Metro Last Light 66% off
  • Stanley Parable 60% off
  • MGR:Revengeance 50% off
  • Battleblock Theater 75% off
  • AssFlag 50% off
  • PAYDAY 2 67% off
  • Terraria 80% off
  • Bioshock Infinite 75%

ChronoX

Community votes suck. Literally every group I voted for lost. Also it's really disappointing when games like Ikaruga and Double Dragon Neon are their lowest price during those sales :(

How are the Tex Murphy games?

TM 1 + 2 are somewhat dated as far as adventure games go (relies too much on arcade sequences), though they are still an interesting curiosity. Under a Killing Moon is when the series really starts to come into its own element, and Pandora Directive and Overseer improve on this base, so those three games make the series worth checking out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
On the server front, I'm mostly salty that they cap us at 5 megs down for downloads. I was very impressed with Origin's download speeds recently when I tried the Titanfall free weekend (thank god the speeds were high... 50 gig game is ridiculous). I mean I get that Steam has a much larger install base and 100x the games, but I wanna be able to use my high internet speeds :[

Megabits or megabytes? Because I've definitely had it downloading faster than 5megabits per second. I was getting 15-20mbit during the sale, and that's wireless (really should run a cable through the wall)

Arren

I'd rather wait. We know now that Ikaruga can be $2.50, so it's only a matter of when will that happen.

That's true, but at the same time I've really wanted to purchase the PC version for quite a while and all things considered it's still a 50% discount. I'm most probably going to bite.

JonCha

Thanks everyone for your replies. Alles klar. I would have liked something like Black Flag to have a big discount to tide me over. Don't think I saw Dead Space get more than 50%.

Saige

I must do better.
Well this might have been one of my dumbest steam sales yet. $70+ spent on simulator games plus a HOTAS setup and Track IR.

Watched one documentary on jet fighters and I lost my mind.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

ok so two things:
1) Steam doesn't cap you at a certain speed, try another server

2) Origin lies about download speeds so no matter how fast you think it's downloading, it's not downloading that fast. Titanfall isn't 50 gigs, it's 21 gigs. Origin claims it's 50 gigs, so you experienced stated download speeds that were more than twice the speed you actually downloaded at.

TheChits

Community votes suck. Literally every group I voted for lost. Also it's really disappointing when games like Ikaruga and Double Dragon Neon are their lowest price during those sales :(

Why can't these final daily deals be games that lost the community vote and weren't on sale any other time? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom