• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Why is Steam telling me I have one card drop remaining for Steam Summer Adventure 2014 Badge and that I should PLAY GAME?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, last time since the thread seems to have slowed down a bit, and also I'm going to sleep now. :lol

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Way Heroics -- MB-6581230236F92B51 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo. 37 entrants total.
Archon Classic -- MB-D2AA206E5BAA0A84

t1404071814z1.png

Turfster

On the server front, I'm mostly salty that they cap us at 5 megs down for downloads. I was very impressed with Origin's download speeds recently when I tried the Titanfall free weekend (thank god the speeds were high... 50 gig game is ridiculous). I mean I get that Steam has a much larger install base and 100x the games, but I wanna be able to use my high internet speeds :[

Origin download speeds are a lie.

Not actually free, price glitch protection.

Jeremy

Dayum. Only bought two things this sale. Shadowrun Returns and Planetary Annihilation. Might jump on Divinity.. Not sure..

Which is good considering I'm thinking of dropping 150 on the Premium beta for Elite: Dangerous.

Holy shit that game looks awesome. I'd never heard of it...

cHinzo

Crap, bought Splinter Cell: Blacklist during the sale expecting my co-op buddy to do the same, but he missed the sale. Now it aint discounted at 75% anymore during the encore. :( Bought CS:GO tho...

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I was going to buy Thief, but I think I will just hang onto my remaining cash and save it for future use or a down payment on a bigger game I will eventually want :)

Fun sale all!

Back to Dark Souls 2 I go!

Locust

Torn on whether to get a Dota compendium or Stanley Parable and Battleblock considering I just made $11 from selling cards. I have a ton that haven't sold yet, either.

Late reply but I dunno if Compendium is that great value unless you care about the predictions and having the book in your dota profile. Last year you could at least get back what you paid by selling the items.

Mordeccai

Steam has a vast array of third-party content servers. Steam -> Settings -> Download -> Download region. Do note, however, that if the content you're requesting isn't on the nominated server, then Steam will choose another one.

I've tried to change the server regions before, but have never seen speeds break 5 mb/s. I've found leaving it on the server closest to me gives the most consistent results.

Megabits or megabytes? Because I've definitely had it downloading faster than 5megabits per second. I was getting 15-20mbit during the sale, and that's wireless (really should run a cable through the wall)

Bytes. Also, I had wireless issues as well. Look into power line adapters, I went from not being able to play multiplayer games at all to never having more than ~80 ping on US servers. They're basically adapters that you plug into a power outlet, anywhere in your house, and the internet signal runs through your electrical wiring. Worth a shot if your home/apartment is relatively modern and has good wiring.

Late reply but I dunno if Compendium is that great value unless you care about the predictions and having the book in your dota profile. Last year you could at least get back what you paid by selling the items.

This year too. Most of the items arent even out yet.

Compendium is worth it for the Battlepoints boost alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom