• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Go to your Badges page and scroll to the bottom part of the list.

oh, i see

fO8fQsO.jpg

its...different ?
i am from team red

edit..wrong badge
h5RicqL.jpg

x Misogi

The Haul:
Killer Is Dead
Transistor
Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Circuits
Cloudbuilt
Magical Drop V
Vertiginous Golf
Wake
SpaceChem
Foosball - Street Edition

The games I went "wow thats a good deal I should buy that" but i already owned:
Fallout: New Vegas
Fez
FTL

The Regrets:

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've been looking at this since it was on sale at GMG and I missed it. Everything I read about it says it's a buggy mess and it scares me off. Is it worth a gamble at that price?

I played it on the 360 when it came out. Sure, there's a lot wrong with it but it's basically Rocketeer: The video game which is fucking sweet.

Although I am curious if this SecuROM will be a problem.

Copons

you realise you can click rank / name / price on wishlists right Copons? lol

My wishlist is tidy as shit, the expensive shit is on top of the rank in case the sale metas gives out games (like this one), rest doesnt matter since I view by name most of the time anyway

I'm browsing it ranked, but I DONT TRUST RANKED because when you add new games it just place them in the bottom of the list along with all the others you added since the last reorder, so I'm sure your most wanted game lies between the 370 and the 405, BUT WE'LL NEVER KNOW!!1

Also, QUICK BRAG

43SsdOi.png

Not only my neighbors moved out of the building in the last couple of minutes, but I was like WAAAAAAAAT!! I put Another World in the wishlist in like the summer of 1991 and I ALWAYS forget about it during the sales, so really thank you Pork, you took out my oldest game in my wishlist, kinda a historical moment for my Steam career! :)

Circuits: $1.49
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death: $0.99
Original War: $0.99
Wolfenstein: The New Order: $29.99
Car Mechanic Simulator 2014: $6.59
Syberia: $0.99
Shadow Warrior: $7.99
Risk of Rain: $2.49
Pinball Arcade Season 1 Launch Pack: $0.01
Skyrim Legendary: $13.59
Hitman Absolution Elite: $4.99

Final tally: $70.11, or roughly two and a third Wolfensteins. $70 is slightly below my average spend for sales, maybe higher than the median but I haven't done any real looking into it.

Well, that was fun (except for Valve's dumb money-leeching team metagame, never do that again Valve). See you in the Steam monthly thread, where I'll probably beg someone to add me to the GAF Steam group because I keep forgetting to do it (or if someone could add me now http://steamcommunity.com/id/chrominance/ kthxbye!).

vermadas

I'm pretty happy with the results of this sale. Got most of the big ticket items I wanted except for Child of Light. If I hadn't bought Divinity:OS I would have had some extra to pick up some odds and ends. Hopefully that game is worth the hype.

Did everyone have fun!!!??? or is everyone broke now like me...

I had fun posting in the Sales threads! But a little disappointed in the actual sales being offered and in how terrible the Steam Community is when it comes to the Community Votes.

My haul:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Banished
Mars: War Logs
Ikaruga (won from a giveaway)

The new market sucks. All I get is this.
There was a problem purchasing your item. The listing may have been removed. Refresh the page and try again.
Other times I also get a thing saying the game's server is down and I need to try again.
I haven't been able to purchase anything since the update rolled out.

Turfster

Where is the normal SteamGAF thread for when this is all over?

It'll probably be made tomorrow or the day after, it's locked during sales.
They're monthly, and now that the worst is over, we'll probably ride this thread out.
(but I'm not a mod, so maybe it's already being made)

Xeroblade

I had fun posting in the Sales threads! But a little disappointed in the actual sales being offered and in how terrible the Steam Community is when it comes to the Community Votes.

My haul:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Banished
Mars: War Logs
Ikaruga (won from a giveaway)

yea i think i went a little overboard but whatever!

By all accounts, it's serviceable with mods/fixes from the community. There's one for controller support and I forget what the rest that are kind of "must haves" are... maybe Grief.exe knows?

From looking at the steam forums, 3 seems like a really bad port with terrible controller support. DMC4 sounds like a great port, with extra features and modes. I'm thinking of just grabbing 4, though I've never really played games of this type. (maybe 1 hour on DMC back on PS2 long time ago)

Thanks for the replies. I had a look on the Steam forums and it seems that making DMC 3 work requires cutting some of the music/sounds so I'll stick with DMC4. Between that, TW101 and, later this year, Bayonetta 1 and 2, I should have more than enough.

Lol at me thinking about playing games instead of hoarding them :p

Ventara

Anyways, here's my haul:

Torchlight 2 - $4.99
Papers, Please - $2.99
Rollercoaster Tycoon - $2.99
Long Live the Queen - $2.49

Total - $13.46

Games won from giveaways here:

Trine 2
Monaco
Orcs Must Die