• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshizzle

So I have enough free steam cash to buy one more super cheap game. Which of these 3 do I pick up?

Marlow Briggs
Daikatana
Kario

I had no interest in these games prior to the sale so the fact that they are all very different doesn't matter to me.

Marlow Briggs. Most definitely.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
WJ4ECZE.png

JKMU3JD.png

My final haul (not counting giveaways) - about $72 spent, with roughly $25 additional from trading card credit:

(2014 Summer Sale)
Afterfall Insanity: Dirty Arena Edition ($0.33)
Age of Empires II HD + The Forgotten Expansion HD (Amazon) ($2.49 - price/listing error)
Batman Arkham Origins - Black Mask Challenge Pack ($0.49)
Bioshock Triple Pack ($6.60 - TF2 key trade)
Bit Trip Runner 2 - Good Friends Character Pack ($0.99)
Borderlands 2: Assassin Supremacy Pack ($0.32)
Borderlands 2: Commando Madness Pack ($0.32)
Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Supremacy Pack ($0.32)
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 1 - 5 DLC's ($4.90)
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Beastmaster Pack ($0.32)
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Supremacy Pack ($0.32)
Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 ($1.64)
The Bureau: X-COM Declassified - Codebreakers DLC ($0.74)
The Bureau: X-COM Declassified - Hangar 6 R&D DLC ($1.24)
Can't Stop Laughing Bundle (Battleblock Theater/Castle Crashers) ($2.49)
Castle Crashers Blacksmith/Pink Knight DLC's ($0.48)
Clans ($0.55)
Coma Mortuary ($0.59)
Daikatana ($1.74)
Defy Gravity Extended ($0.29)
Dishonored GOTY Edition ($9.00 - TF2 key trade)
Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun ($1.74)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition ($13.59)
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy ($0.99)
Fallout 3 GOTY Edition ($4.99)
Far Cry Franchise Pack (FC1/FC2/FC3 Deluxe/FC3 Blood Dragon) ($14.79)
Final Fantasy VIII ($4.07)
Flight of the Icarus ($0.49)
Hitman Contracts ($1.39)
The Last Remnant ($2.49)
Lunar Pack (Lunnye Devitsy/Wake) ($1.24)
Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars DLC ($1.99)
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+: All-You Can Eat Edition ($3.74)
Payday The Heist ($1.49)
Payday The Heist - Wolfpack DLC ($0.99)
Roogoo ($0.29)
Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition ($7.60 - TF2 key trade)
Tomb Raider - The Final Hours Digital Book ($0.49)
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (price error - Steam Russian store) ($2.20 - TF2 key trade)

it was okay

Not much, but enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-9BCAEF500B039778 - Taken by xeris. 5 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1404065242z1.png

Prophane33

The site is down from people exploiting, you probably won't get anything. :(

Yeah, according to reddit someone was generating cards numbers, and many people were winning cards that had already been claimed by hackers (or scammers, whatever you want to call them. My first card I won was already used :-(

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Can anyone explain me how 8000 summer getaway cards are still being sold everyday? I made a good inventory of them thinking of selling later, but seems like this strategy backfired big time :(

Ozium

Listen to this man and enter this giveaway, the game is terribly good fun and full of hats. Wonderful hats. Also some cats. Though no rats.

The only good Daikatana is the GBA Daikatana.

I've played some battleblock, beat the first world, and the encore levels.. unlocked some special characters but no hats... and I spent coins to get characters and you can sell them on the market place? but when you look at their inventory it doesnt even give you any market data other than just 'sell' and um... wat?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I have enough free steam cash to buy one more super cheap game. Which of these 3 do I pick up?

Marlow Briggs
Daikatana
Kario

I had no interest in these games prior to the sale so the fact that they are all very different doesn't matter to me.

Everyone's going to tell you to buy Marlow, and it's probably pretty good, but I'm going to be the dissenting voice and say Kairo. It's really a great, atmospheric puzzle game. I really enjoy it.

KarmaCow

Marlow Briggs
Daikatana
Kario

Kairo is alright, some of the puzzle solutions were a bit too obscure for me, though there were some good ones in there too. If you're stuck on the obscure ones, it has a built in hint system with three levels from subtle hints to point you in the right direction to straight up answers. As a walking simulator, there's not much. The abstract world design isn't awe inspiring but it's not overbearing either. It's not complex either so it's not the kind of game where you don't know where to go next because you're lost. I did find the performance to be kinda bad for what was going on unfortunately. For $1.50 I'd say it's worth it.

Toki767

Can anyone explain me how 8000 summer getaway cards are still being sold everyday? I made a good inventory of them thinking of selling later, but seems like this strategy backfired.

Always sell cards ASAP. They always, always, ALWAYS, drop by the end of the sale.

Hubb

If you are one of us (meaning you have Bad Rats in your inventory) shows you that you shouldnt play everything you have. Just the games you enjoy.

Even a mediocre purchase isnt worth playing for 30 minutes.

Nah no Bad Rats here. Since I've joined I've only been in one give away if that, but that is definitely the positive to a big backlog. I only play what I enjoy, and I can bench what I don't.

Copons

dont worry about me, worry about Mokoi, NBNT, corrosivefrost, dusk golem, and whoever else im forgetting

You, my man, should tidy up your motherfucking wishlist because you know what are we supposed to gift you in that ocean of random games?

You have time until Autumn Sale, if needed the deadline will be extended to Holiday Sale.
And please remind me I wrote this post because I'm gonna forget about it in the next couple of hours top.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You, my man, should tidy up your motherfucking wishlist because you know what are we supposed to gift you in that ocean of random games?

You have time until Autumn Sale, if needed the deadline will be extended to Holiday Sale.
And please remind me I wrote this post because I'm gonna forget about it in the next couple of hours top.

you realise you can click rank / name / price on wishlists right Copons? lol

My wishlist is tidy as shit, the expensive shit is on top of the rank in case the sale metas gives out games (like this one), rest doesnt matter since I view by name most of the time anyway

Jarnet87

Finished off what was left in my wallet today. Total haul from the sale:

Witcher 1 and 2, Reus, Portal 1 and 2, Terraria, Fez. only spent like $16 that I got from selling Dota Items and Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom