• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephiZack

itsnothingwyk1d.jpg

Got excited for a moment there as I thought I won my top wishlist item.

Damn same thing happened to me 3 minutes ago. Pretty disappointed :(

Did this happen to anyone else? Maybe it's a sign :D (Getting hopes up)

So I gave away a copy of Pixeljunk Shooter that hasn't been claimed for a week now, and I gave several copies of it before, and I'm not sure that I can track down who won that exact copy.

I have no need or desire to name and shame, I don't care about that, but I would like to put it in another raffle through ModBot. Would I be breaking any rules by doing that?

Ibuki

Banned
Stuff from an earlier giveaway, no raffle take what you want. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-194827F2BB032470 - Taken by Aitor
BEATBLASTERS III -- MB-BA2FAB1A7B6EB9C3 - Taken by kcp12304
SHUFFLEPUCK CANTINA DELUXE -- MB-CD496B6A1BE9BCE9

GUN METAL -- MB-B0DED8037A99125A - Taken by Speevy
UFO: Aftershock -- MB-1634B31358273FBD
RENA - CLASH OF CHAMPIONS -- MB-6CD380C79CACB2DC

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-0B08BF24AF855E7E - Taken by Vuze

header_292x136.jpg

t1404068547z1.png

Just a reminder!

eSeUbkZ.gif

Enco

Crafted my 3rd badge of all time and I got the exact same fucking items I had from before.

I'm done with cards. Sell on receipt.

Turfster

Why am I thinking about buying Front Mission Evolved?

Go to your room, and no dinner for you!

Don't invite people over, I already can't win giveaways even cheating entering with my dozens or so fake nolurker accounts. :'(

I haven't won a single modbot giveaway in a month either, my friend.
Luckily, we have some amazing warmhearted gaffers that like to give gifts anyway.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
more people need to experience the joy that is BattleBlock Theater.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BattleBlock Theater #2 -- MB-2596E47D8A90EB9B
BattleBlock Theater -- MB-7BFFEE205C0A4B47

t1404074856z1.png

Yeah + my backlog from 4 years of steam sales. I have a lot to get through.

If you are one of us (meaning you have Bad Rats in your inventory) shows you that you shouldnt play everything you have. Just the games you enjoy.

Even a mediocre purchase isnt worth playing for 30 minutes.

Hmmmmmmm...Asterbreed or not.

Will probably end up in a bundle sometimes. Even if not there is always a winter sale coming.

RoadDogg

So I have enough free steam cash to buy one more super cheap game. Which of these 3 do I pick up?

Marlow Briggs
Daikatana
Kario

I had no interest in these games prior to the sale so the fact that they are all very different doesn't matter to me.

hitmon

itsnothingwyk1d.jpg

I got the same thing, found it was just another random summer card.

I fought for my team and all I got was this badge. War, has changed.

6dRQsqS.png

Poor blue, doomed from the very start!

I was on team blue and haven't gotten that yet. What's even worse, I got a team red emoticon after crafting a badge on the blue team.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, last time for real.

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

One Way Heroics -- MB-6581230236F92B51 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo. 37 entrants total.
Archon Classic -- MB-D2AA206E5BAA0A84 - Taken by Leila. 6 entrants total.

t1404071814z1.png

Does anyone know if all the Metal Gear Rising costumes are unlocked from the start on the PC version?

Also, can I start directly playing the Sam DLC without having to beat the regular game or anything first?

Deciding on whether or not to double dip

For someone who has never played a Divinity game (I know shame on me) and for whom (is that grammatically correct?) Divinity: Original Sin is out of price range, unfortunately, would you guys recommand to play Divine Divinity before playing Divinity II: Director's Cut? Are these standalone stories or are they connected?

All the Divinity Games play very differently from each other. Divine Divinity is a diablo like hack and slash loot RPG and Divinity 2 is a 3rd person Action RPG. I'd say buy the Anthology collection as it seems to be cheaper than buying the games individually.

Tellaerin

So I have enough free steam cash to buy one more super cheap game. Which of these 3 do I pick up?

Marlow Briggs
Daikatana
Kario

I had no interest in these games prior to the sale so the fact that they are all very different doesn't matter to me.

Marlow Briggs. It's not even a contest.

Beelzebubs

Marlow Briggs
Daikatana
Kario

Marlow Briggs!
Also get Defy Gravity Extended as you'll probably already have the cash.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Including winter sale and this sale, I think half of my total PMs on NeoGAF have been entering for DMC 4 giveaways. I've never played a game in the series, but this has become my white whale. I even referenced Moby Dick in the subject to Modbot one of the entries I had this week.

Copons

itsnothingwyk1d.jpg

Ahahah

since Rhak started throwing gifts around (and I even missed one), every time I drop a card and I see the new notification I start screaming like an entire stadium full of teenagers waiting for a festival starring only boybands.

Goddammit Steam marketplace stop being such a doofusface and let me sell my goddamned cards already before the price drops by another two cents for the fifth time this hour.

HOW ARE COOKIES NOT ENABLED IN THE GODDAMNED STEAM CLIENT YOU DUMBASS

Marlow Briggs
Daikatana
Kario

Just don't buy Daikatana. It's not even funny bad, it's just bad.

Marlow Briggs
Daikatana
Kario

Marlow Briggs. It's just fun. Pure bloody fun.

Turfster

Marlow Briggs
Daikatana
Kario

Marlow Briggs (and possibly Kairo, but I haven't played that myself) is actually a great game.
Daikatana is just shit and money thrown away to see just how bad it really was all those years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom