• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Damages so far

W5thhPA.jpg

forget how much did i paid

Poetic

As I've shifted away from console gaming the last few years and more into PC, this was the first sale I really got into. Was awesome and my library has grown by about 14 games.

Faerith

Neo Member
I already own DA:Origin with Stone Prisoner and Awakening.
Is the missing DLC content worth it to buy DA:Origin Ultimate Edition?
I can't decide.

Bad Rats probably won't go any lower right? It's probably safe to get it now? I kept waiting for it to be in a flash or daily but it never happened...

Lain

Nothing crueler than your team coming third and seeing you received 1 item. I knew it was a card but it still felt cruel. Damn you Gabe!

Link Man

Banned
So, my final tally:

iXDnfxI5be3L9.jpg

16 games (19 if you count individual games in bundles) for just under $40. Spent $10 less than I usually spend on these sales. I think this was a good haul, but would have been better had a couple of votes gone my way.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I may have overdone it, but I have good taste. Quote to reveal haul (this is the way you should do it)

Tellaerin

I've been looking at this since it was on sale at GMG and I missed it. Everything I read about it says it's a buggy mess and it scares me off. Is it worth a gamble at that price?

That's a very good question. I have to admit that's got me leaning toward Lost Planet now.

The_Monk

With the sale basically over I guess it would be a good time to let many GAFfers know that there's a Steam thread even when there are not these big Sale events. That thread is filled with amazing and kind people always ready to help you by giving advice on game, help to set something up on the graphics or mods department, posting their doubts, writing impressions, reviews, sharing thoughts on betas or Early access games and many more. It gets a bit slow than this thread but it's moves at a decent speed when comparing with other GAF threads.

I strongly advise anyone who's been here and enjoyed this ride to keep it that way and join the Steam thread where most of us will be happy to welcome you and willing to share some joy in this fine hobby of ours. Don't be shy, join in, have fun. The Community is much more fun when we all get along and when we get bigger and better so please, consider posting there more often since there's plenty of "new" faces around here.

:)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Rhaknar said:
ButtSecks,

I forget if I sniped you this sale, if I had, well you just got double tapped I guess

lol Thank you for "Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death," Rhak-kun. <3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
With the sale basically over I guess it would be a good time to let many GAFfers know that there's a Sale thread even when there are not these big Sale events. That thread is filled with amazing and kind people always ready to help you by giving advice on game, help to set something up on the graphics or mods department, posting their doubts, writing impressions, reviews, sharing thoughts on betas or Early access games and many more. It gets a bit slow than this thread but it's moves at a decent speed when comparing with other GAF threads.

I strongly advise anyone who's been here and enjoyed this ride to keep it that way and join the Steam thread where most of us will be happy to welcome you and willing to share some joy in this fine hobby of ours. Don't be shy, join in, have fun. The Community is much more fun when we all get along and when we get bigger and better so please, consider posting there more often since there's plenty of "new" faces around here.

I assume you mean a Steam Thread monk?

lol Thank you for "Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death," Rhak-kun. <3

Leo-Toast.gif

its good too!

Since people are posting hauls and the angry anti-list people haven't come yet

Dark Souls
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry
Metal Gear Rising

This time only bought games I knew will play within next month or 2, no hording.. pretty happy

Vibranium

Banned
I had a great time in the threads with SteamGAF, got some stuff that I won't list since I don't do that (No, I don't get mad at people who do!). The sales weren't always the greatest, but GMG and Amazon should come through later in the summer for other games.

Probably gonna try to craft the summer badge one more time thanks to the low prices.

Timmy00

I'm a bit sad the YS games didn't go on a bigger sale (unless I missed it?), was hoping to get YS chronicles for a bit cheaper for one of my friends but oh well, I'll still buy the game later and gift it to him whenever he wakes up.

The games I bought during the sale were...

- Agarest Zero
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Last Remnant
- Rogue Legacy
- Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
- Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
- Long Live The Queen
- System Shock 2
- Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
- Defy Gravity
- Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition

sprinkles

No deep discount on Strider and the couple of Visual Novels which got released earlier this year (World End Economica, Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works, Go!Go!Nippon) makes me sad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
now owns 6 more games

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death | Danmaku Unlimited 2 | RollerCoaster Tycoon®: Deluxe | Descent 3 | Descent 2 | Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Aw yeah. That feel on encore day to finally buy the stuff I've been waiting on.

RollerCoaster replaces my disc
and GoG version
of the three, Lara replaces the ate by Steam Gamestop "full demo" version I got. And Marlow is a gift from Rhak.

Otherwise the other two were cheap enough to get.

Leaves Ghost Recon/Future Soldier and the Ass Creed series to deep discount but LOL UBISOFT. :(

ViviOggi

Still got a #3 to give away.

With the sale basically over I guess it would be a good time to let many GAFfers know that there's a Sale thread even when there are not these big Sale events. That thread is filled with amazing and kind people always ready to help you by giving advice on game, help to set something up on the graphics or mods department, posting their doubts, writing impressions, reviews, sharing thoughts on betas or Early access games and many more. It gets a bit slow than this thread but it's moves at a decent speed when comparing with other GAF threads.

I'll be there, Monk <3

Gogo_ZvC

Here's my haul.

Killer is Dead
Final Fantasy VIII
Castle Crashers 4-pack
Castle Crashers Blacksmith
Castle Crashers Pink Knight
Gone Home
The Wolf Among Us
Marlow Briggs

Think everything came somewhere between $25-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom