• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Been a pretty luck lustre steam sale for moi. Usually I end up spending between £50 - £100. However this sale my wallet is only a tenner less, only one game bought during the steam sale which was Planet Explorers. Ho well maybe the winter sale will tempt me.

Wish I could have held out that well. I must have spent at least £50 so far, almost got everything I wanted :D

Copons

I didn't realize your avatar was, in fact, grumpy cat.

image.php

Eh, she's actually grumpy, but if I have to exploit her internet fame, I'd have to pick another moniker.

Silly Cat could do (also because it's Monk's nephew approved).

ahHcXFA.gif

CassSept

So I might have won Bad Rats from the giveaway, but hell, you guys are cool. Here is something!

ModBot said:
Instructions for CassSept:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Stanley Parable -- MB-7147AF40D6CF6B19 - Taken by KainXVIII. 53 entrants total.

t1404067358z1.png

Scarecrow

Got a lot of stuff this go around:

The Wolf Among Us
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Broken Age
Dead Space Pack
Ikaruga
Deus Ex: The Fall
Shovel Knight
Betrayer
Resident Evil 4 (ROW)
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Final Fantasy VII
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Rocksmith 2014
Metal Slug 3 Two-Pack
The Witcher 2

Head.spawn

Final list of damages:

Killer is Dead (Steam Store)
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (Steam Store)
Year Walk (Steam Store)
Rocksmith 2014 - System of a Down Song Pack (Steam Store)
Rocksmith 2014 - Mastodon Song Pack (Steam Store)
Rocksmith 2014 - Alter Bridge Song Pack (Steam Store)
Nidhogg Store (Steam Store)
Rocksmith 2014 - Muse Song Pack (Steam Store)
Syberia Collection (Steam Store)
Betrayer Steam (Steam Store)
Crimzon Clover (Steam Store)
Danmaku Unlimited 2 (Steam Store)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary (Steam Store)
Sine Mora (Steam Store)
Marlow Briggs Steam Store and Retail Key (Steam Store)
Ether Vapor Remaster (Steam Store)
Waves (Steam Store)

I had lots of restraint this time and I'm holding some purchases back for Christmas sale because my back log is fucked at the moment.

Speevy

Banned
Final haul

For me

Gateways |
English Country Tune |
Super House of Dead Ninjas |
Defy Gravity Extended |
Diamond Dan |
Broken Age
Alan Wake |
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition |
Reus |
System Shock 2
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Valiant Hearts: The Great War™ / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre™
King Arthur's Gold
They Breathe |
Rayman® Legends |
Syberia |
Torchlight II |
The Blackwell Bundle
Magic 2014 — Duels of the Planeswalkers |
Awesomenauts |
Nether
BattleBlock Theater® |
The Wolf Among Us |
The Swapper |
Skullgirls
Kairo |
Jazzpunk |
Savant - Ascent |
Krater - Collector's Edition
Year Walk |
Risk of Rain |
One Way Heroics |
Ms. Splosion Man |
State of Decay |
Call of Juarez® Gunslinger |
Mount & Blade: Warband |
FORCED |
Agarest: Generations of War
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death |
PixelJunk™ Shooter |
Cloudbuilt |
Divinity Anthology |
Diehard Dungeon |
ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ Premium Edition |
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

Gifted to me:

Divinity Original Sin
Gunmetal
Mortal Kombat Collection
Antichamber
Valiant Hearts
Critical Mass
Joe Danger 2 The Movie
Ravensword Shadowgrounds
Hoard
Tropico Trilogy
Krater
Command and Conquer 3 Red Alert
King Arthur Collection
A Virus Named Tom

For others

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Gunpoint
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Ikaruga
Trials Fusion™
LYNE
Ikaruga
Tetrobot and Co.
Torchlight II
Torchlight II
Torchlight II
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Awesomenauts
Awesomenauts
Darksiders II
Dungeon Siege III
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Gone Home
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Papers, Please
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Sent to xenoflux2113 on Jun 20
Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion
Sent to Aphallatosis on Jun 19
Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity: Original Sin

Someone give me a few points on Dishonored. Is it good? How long is it? Issues? I am interested in getting the game of the year version.

To quote a post from slightly over a year ago:

The One Who Knocks said:
The level design is magnificent (although, I will be honest that there are sections later in the game that I do quite dislike) as it allows for a plethora of approaches to each mission and no playstyle is discouraged. If you want to sneak through the game without upgrading/purchasing any powers or killing any enemy, you can. Alternatively if you wish to buy as much lethal items and powers as you can to slaughter your way through the game it is entirely possible and while the game will alter depending on your hostility it never feels as if the developer is trying to discourage you from playing as you wish. In the beginning it feels slightly clumsy to effectively utilise all that is at your disposal but by the end of the game you will be effortlessly navigating the environment. Some may comment that you end up overpowered or that the power 'Blink' trivialises the game and, to some extent, it is true due to the lower power consumption but I don't belive that it detracts from how enjoyable the game is. While I felt the atmosphere, world building and storyline was lacking personally I can certainly recognise the amount of detail that was included. I thought it was quite a unique game; it's not without its problems, but very enjoyable.

A shorter version:
-Open level design which is fantastic, but some later areas falter.
-Fun gameplay where you've a variety of ways to progress.
-Replayable due to the variety of powers and items you have.
-Serviceable story and characters, both of which I found ultimately bland, and while the world is developed, I found it forgetable and uninteresting even if I can appreciate the effort.
-Slightly too easy at parts as "Blink" may trivialise certain areas.
-Between five and fifteen hours depending upon how thoroughly you explore and how you play through the game, but I found one point predictable and an unnecessary method of dragging out the game's length unnecessarily.
Overall? An excellent game. It's flawed, but the gameplay is very fun.

The DLC I've not yet played despite purchasing, but my understanding is that the Brigmore Witches and Knife of Dunwall are worth playing with opinions generally being positive (this may not be accurate since I've very rarely viewed LTTP threads concerning these).

I would recomment it.

Uh... Okay.
So I tried to buy a couple of cards before the end.

bad fucking idea.

Was basically impossible buying them, I kept getting errors.
"Failed, item/market server is down. No exchange occured!" (something like that)

I was like okay, I'll refresh and try again.

one really fucking bad idea.

I went to the next card.
"Add more funds to steam wallet?"

What? I had 7 euros on it!

I checked my wallet, 0.14 euros.
I started freaking out, what the hell? I go to my inventory and I see 50 summer cards.
I panic and tries to put them back on the market.
Fail fail fail fail, it just doesn't want to accept the items.
So I in panic crafts as many badges I could, (3).

And I'm still left with these odd amounts of cards. (10 of one, 5 of one)
So I'm resorting to the market again.
Nope, only managed to sell 4 before Valve started making the cards invalid.

[IMG ]https://i.imgur.com/Dp0Qtf8.png[/IMG]

I guess I was too naive to believe the "no exchange occured", damn I was really waiting for the encore sale to pick up a couple of games for the same amount.
Ouch that really sucks.

sheamus

The damage

Batman Arkham Origins
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World
Total War™: ROME II – Hannibal at the Gates
World of Goo
Age of Wonders III
Shadow Warrior
Space Hulk
Lost Planet 3 (ROW)
Betrayer Steam
The Wolf Among Us
Age of Empires II
Metal Slug 3
Payday 2
Halo: Spartan Assault
Risk of Rain
Shadowrun Returns
Master Reboot
State of Decay
Amnesia: Machine for Pigs
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass ROW
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - NA Version
Mass Effect
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Someone give me a few points on Dishonored. Is it good? How long is it? Issues? I am interested in getting the game of the year version.
I beat it in 27 hours, but I took my time and tried to be as stealthy as possible. You could beat or in 5 hours if you take the guns a blazing route. The PC controls are incredible, and it's not too difficult to pull off moves that really make you feel like a ninja assassin. The soundtrack and story is meh, but the graphics are nice and crisp. If you like messing around with enemies (throwing bottles at their head from a distance, launching them off of tall buildings, teleporting behind them when they see you), then you will love Dishonored.

Mordeccai

THANK YOU UNIVERSE

I just went to do my laundry, and found a $20 in the washing machine. Looks like I'll be hitting up some of those crafty Russians for Divinity.

*does happy dance*

Saiyan-Rox

been waiting for rising to go back on sale and now it is i'm hovering over the buy button and hesitating to buy it. Got it for free on PS+ a while back and played it all the way through but still it'll look better on PC....Gah!

SmithnCo

Picked up:

Dead Rising 3 Preorder
The Witcher 2
State of Decay
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Defy Gravity (lol)
Skyrim
BattleBlock Theater
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Gone Home
SteamWorld Dig
Long Live the Queen

Not bad.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
THANK YOU UNIVERSE

I just went to do my laundry, and found a in the washing machine. Looks like I'll be hitting up some of those crafty Russians for Divinity.

*does happy dance*

What site allows this mate? Really want Divinity, but short on cash atm.

Thanks

Knurek

GUYS

QUICK SUGGESTIONS FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS MOTHEREFFING THREAD SERIES

1) YOUR SALE LOOT
Most definitely there will be a proper thread for you to show how cool is your Steam library now. Please refrain posting your loot here, but do shamelessly there, along with your super fast internet speeds, your desktop wallpapers and the reason behind your nicknames.

2) THE FIRST PAGE OF THE NEXT THREAD
You'll eventually get to 5 posts to meet ModBot's NOLURKER rule, but it isn't really essential to get there in the very first page of the thread.
Now please, we don't need 400 posts of people greeting the new thread. Please, really.
A biweekly thread will be really hard to manage. :(

3) WHEN YOU WIN A GIVEAWAY
Would you (and I mean me too) please thank the giver via private message? Please? Pretty please?

Stump, please enforce this. :)

DTKT

These new holiday events are really disappointing. I never feel like participating. The winter event where we could turn coal into badges/games was great.

Mono

THANK YOU UNIVERSE

I just went to do my laundry, and found a $20 in the washing machine. Looks like I'll be hitting up some of those crafty Russians for Divinity.

*does happy dance*

Omg, congrats! I love finding money in the washing machine; best feeling ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom