• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
and Rising is back, taunting me.

Do it
BA79D7B6A971FBE4BFB813E9A4B38B85D2170BD1

6320C27AF82A3E8DC37ADE15C7997972E44ED6CF

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Was just gonna get Marlow Briggs, but ended up getting a few more things I was interested in:
XCOM Declassified- $3.99

Oh shit. I didn't even see that! *yoink*

I don't have time to play it, but for $4? Hell yeah I'll grab that for later.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
The Haul:

Alice Madness Returns
Amnesia: Machine for Pigs
Anachronox
Bionic Commando + Rearmed
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Bulletstorm,
Castle Crashers
Dark Souls,
Deadlight
Defense Grid: Containment Bundle,
Defy Gravity
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout 3 Game of the Year
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Final Hours of Tomb Raider,
Gone Home
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning,
L.A. Noire Complete Edition
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Marlow Briggs
Mass Effect Collection
One Way Heroics
Outlast
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate
PixelJunk Shooter
Quantum Conundrum
RAGE,
Risk of Rain,
Shadow Man
Shadowrun Returns
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Skyrim,
The Blackwell Bundle
The Final Hours of Portal 2,
The Last Remnant

DLC:
Castle Crashers Blacksmith,
Castle Crashers Pink Knight,
Joe Danger 2:Undead Movie Pack,
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition DLC,
Sacred Citadel - Jungle Hunt,
Saints Row IV: Season Pass
Sleeping Dogs - Street Racer Pack DLC,
Sleeping Dogs - The Year of the Snake
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament
Sleeping Dogs Martial Arts Pack,
Sleeping Dogs Police Protection Pack,
Sleeping Dogs SWAT Pack, Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point,
Sleeping Dogs Triad Enforcer Pack,
Sleeping Dogs: Wheels of Fury,

Won From ModBot (Thank you Neogaf)
Full Bore
Hacker Evolution: Untold Comp
pid
Tower Wars Retail
XCOM: Enemy Unknown WorldWide

148.08 total

tumblr_m3d6m9CA1F1qjfwapo1_250.gif

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Nice work Team Pink. Too bad I didn't craft any badges yesterday to be eligible for the prizes. Oh well, no chance at winning anyway.

It's been a fun sale. I may be back tonight for some last minute giveaways. I think I still have some items left in my inventory:)

Kadin

It's a nice idea but it would be better if points were awarded by getting achievements in games instead of filling valve's pockets
Yeah it seems like it would be better made so that actually playing the games benefited you more rather than buying your way to the end. I like the competition factor, I hope they do it again but with a serious overhaul as to how people can actually contribute.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does crafting badges still drop summer cards?

Yes. This isn't the "end of sale" just the last/encore day. Monday/tomorrow at 10AM PST is when the sale ends/card's end of life happens an hour later.

i'd be all over it like cum on tits if i didn't already own it on ps3. But still the itch to buy lingers.

Just get it, dude. You'd replace your 720p with 1080p
that won't go higher because LOL JAPAN
. Worth it.

liezryou

Can't believe Naruto only got one flash sale.

And I missed it.

Yeah I'm pretty angry about that. Terraria goes on sale for the 123981238th time but no naruto. I bought 2 copies to resell and they sold out like 2 days after the sale. Oh well hindsight is 20/20.

Ozium

PSA: LAST CHANCE TO GET THE PINBALL ARCADE STARTER PACK FOR $.01 (includes 3 tables [ripleys believe it or not, black hole and theatre of magic] in addition to tales of arabian nights.. you have to go inside pinball arcade, and choose to buy any of the three tables I mentioned, one of the options will be for the launch/starter pack...

all 4 of those tables are good in their way (a nice balance of styles too if you are new to pinball) and is an absolute steal at a penny...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So did everyone enjoy the team race aspect or do you hope they ditch it for the future?

It was really stupid, get rid of it. Maybe if it was better implemented but no one likes to be on the losing team, especially when you don't even know if your contributions actually matter (and if they do, it isn't even a drop in the bucket).

These are just the opening 10 minutes.

Yay I'm in the new thread.

Sadness at green team losing in the last 5 seconds. :(

It was really stupid, get rid of it. Maybe if it was better implemented but no one likes to be on the losing team, especially when you don't even know if your contributions actually matter (and if they do, it isn't even a drop in the bucket).
Bolded for emphasis. My first participation in the sale was before I understood the pacing of things and wasted about 10 badges when green was in 4th place. Though it was when the Reddit thing was going on, so I had no idea it was another team's "day".

I'd rather something like this in the future be done based on each person's badges if they're gonna do it. And refresh everybody's ability to generate cards back to zero, which gives people more reasons to play their older steam games they may not have opened for a year.

These are just the opening 10 minutes.
Revengeance is friggin amazing. DO IT.

(reposting @2 hours left)

Greetings pedestrian thread-goers, veteran Steam-users, and desperate wallet-emptiers alike! Step riiiight up, step right up!

tvbx2Fx.jpg

Feeling let down after a long week of binge-refreshing this and other threads, hoping for amazing sale news?
Tired of staring at those games on your wishlist that just never quite seemed to want to go on sale?
Or d'ya simply get stuck on Team Blue-balls?

Well, I can't exactly help with all that, however...

Allow me to present to you Three Mysteeerrrrious Doors, each concealing a secret so intriguing - so mind-bending - that they must not be named here.
Choose one - and ONLY one - to see where your true fortune lies:

Will Real Horror overcome you, rendering you a senseless mass of nightmares and despair?

Will you feel the gnawing of Rats at your very soul - taking their Revenge on you for their own twisted existence?

Or, will you stand up, Dust yourself off, and press on into the future, 'til your own Tail's end?

May Lady Luck find you... before despair takes you!
ha ha... hahHA... MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaahhh...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- Must have an affinity for the dark and deranged
- Must be this tall to ride ====>> ----------- [4 ft]
- Must have a parent or guardian's permission to enter
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Door #1 -- MB-6E73711E40AD6634

Door #B -- MB-6D2E6418BEA6B7EE

Door #X -- MB-23C652F2B15765F1

t1404074454z1.png

JakeD

Same. Seems really interesting.

I guess there's always Winter.

all the devolver games had a sale a few weeks ago, on steam and humble. the newer games were only 20% off, but then again ASM is barely a month old.

overall i'd say it was a pretty good sale. a couple fresh flash deals (or good community choice victories) in the middle of the sale might have made it a great one. i think i went 4 days straight without spending anything.

total, i spent about $100 and got about 70-80 games. that does include a big bundlestars purchase though. bummed about goodbye deponia , double dragon, the last door and ikaruga but i'll grab them when they pop up as dailies in the coming weeks. i have a 1, 3 and 10 summer card if anyone needs it.

Yes. This isn't the "end of sale" just the last/encore day. Monday/tomorrow at 10AM PST is when the sale ends/card's end of life happens an hour later.

Thanks, I have 5 summer cards left and was thinking about buying some cards to finish the set off and other badges as well, but I will just end up with moar summer cards then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom