• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Advice please guys, I have 12.25 left in my wallet (and no market access to sell cards welp) and I curated the following games from my wishlist that are at reasonable enough savings to buy:

MF'ing Pac Man CE DX + All You Can Eat edition
La Mulana
Mitsurugu Kamui Hikae
Sine Mora
Super House of Dead Ninjas (and the true ninja pack DLC)

of those 5 which would you get rid of and why? I can't afford all of those so I'll need to cut one, what do you guys think?

gonna bump this once to ask again, the decision is agonizing...

so far 1 vote to dump la mulana, and another to dump sine mora

(and since I'm posting again I'll ask if the house of dead ninja dlc is even worth it)

thanks

squidyj

Here's mine:

• The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  • Don't Starve
  • PAYDAY 2
  • Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War

I would add that for anyone interested in purchasing the witcher 3, you'll get 3 bucks off for having the witcher 2 and another 3 for the witcher 1, with the first game being at 2 bucks right now, you save a dollar off of TW3 by purchasing TW1

Enco

Finger's hovering over the purchase button for Banished, which looks to have super interesting mechanics. But I don't know if I need an intensive city-builder right now, and the RPS review made me a bit hesitant.

I got my wallet down to $0 early this morning, so all in all it was a pretty efficient sale. But now I'm tempted to make one final purchase.

Blast you, Steam.

I was thinking about it too but talked my self out of it.

It's developed by one guy. That's impressive but also means updates will (likely) be slow.

The game also seems like the type of game that will get very boring after a few hours.

That's just me though.

Oh and Vampire Masquerade is pretty cool.

Ok, this year' haul. i didn't have as much money this time around for various reasons, but i still had $50. I augmented that with idling and cards (spent 9.27 making badges, but made 33.99 from card sales). Finished up with .44 in steam bucks, and won an M&M $6 card.

Marlow Briggs x 3 (bought 2 copies to gift)
One way Heroics x2 (bought 2 copies to gift)
Magical Drop V x2 (bought 1 copy to gift, one for me)
Battle Mages (bought as a gift for a friend)
Shadowrun:Dragonfall (already owned SR Deluxe)
Cloudbuilt
Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (bought with M&M money)
Dishonored GOTY (didn't own the base game, so happy with deal)
Adventure Bundle 1. (Syberia I & II, Nikopol: SotI, Nostradamus: TLP, and
The Egyptian Prophecy: TFoR...already had Syberia II from a bundle)
Blackwell bundle (1st 4 Blackwell games)
Rogue Legacy
Jack Keane
The Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim
Fable Lost Chapters
Banished
Rocksmith 2014 during its 75% sale
Astebreed
Sudeki

Also won copies of Divinity Original Sin, and Valiant Hearts (thanks again Ryne and Sub Zero). and bought several of the bundles so more cheap games, yay.

Finally, had kickstartered Shovel Knight so that's waiting to be played, and another kickstarter, Quest For Infamy was delayed till after the sales so that GoG could devote a page to it, and it not get buried by sales stuff.

Really happy about Valiant Hearts, Original Sin,Rocksmith, Astebreed, Banished and Dishonored...and I'm rather looking forward to Marlow Briggs. :)
Go Pink!

dot

(and since I'm posting again I'll ask if the house of dead ninja dlc is even worth it)

thanks

Don't buy stuff yet, wait until after my thingy.

yeah my thingy

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Last bump, last giveaway!
tBWml8N.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-0B08BF24AF855E7E - Taken by Vuze. 113 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

t1404068547z1.png

VeTqUrv.gif

nbthedude

Worth getting The Banner Saga for £12?

Absolutely. It's a phenomoneal game with an amazing art style.

Combat is a turn based strategy RPG with a neat twist--enemies strength and their HP are tied together really causing you to rethink the mindless "kill the weak guys off first strategy."

The story is very Taletell esque with branding paths and characters that live or die depending on choices you make in the dialogue sequences.

Then there is also a cool Orgeon Trail aspect about managing supplies as you journey down the road.

It all amounts to a fantastic game that is unique but not overwhelming. It's a bleak world withi hard choices but a fantastic game with a beautiful aesthetic.

I think, for extra effectiveness, it needs to be emphasized that this is only the very first level of the game. It may be flawed in terms of the total length leading to some areas lacking polish, and an unpleasing visual fidelity, but overall it's a very unique game in the genre, full of escalating encounters, challenging and interesting bosses that effectively test a variety of skills in an engaging manner, and a fantastic soundtrack. The sparsity of contents may be an issue (be it in terms of the enemy variety, levels, alternative playstyles, or in other forms), but at the price it's going for this should not put you off. If you're on the fence, make sure it ends up in your library, it has to be that way.

EDIT: I see this being in the opening has been mentioned while I was typing. Oh and yes, I need to include the gifs in the quote as anybody leaning towards it must be convinced.

SephiZack

I was walking. She was running like a
silly
crazy everywhere, and eventually she hit my leg and was bounced against a wall because cats are kinda rubbery.
It's her fault!! I'm not guilty!! :'(

I know that feel. I once punched my cat in the face while I was playing with her. I was on my bed letting her play with my hand (putting my hand over the edge and quickly pulling it) and she suddenly jumped when I was quickly putting my hand over the edge of the bed and got a punch on her face. I felt so bad I never tried that again

Colby

I'm entering all these Bad Rats giveaways, not because I get enjoyment from swimming into murky waters and living on the edge, but because
you guys have convinced me I need to play Bad Rats

Atilac

How are some of you winning so many raffles? Do you enter for shit you don't want? I haven't been lucky once.

Any new payday 2 owners out there? I'll help carry you if need levels. Steam name Crit of Mandamus

gabbo

How are some of you winning so many raffles? Do you enter for shit you don't want? I haven't been lucky once.

Any new payday 2 owners out there? I'll help carry you if need levels. Steam name Crit of Mandamus

I'll get back to you about this, because I'd like to start playing it, but today is probably a non-starter

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Skyrim
COJ:Gunslinger
The King Of Fighters XIII
Marlow Briggs

Total Cost: Technically 0 because based M&M giveaway

Games won on gaf
System Shock 2
Zeno Clash 2
Thanks and appreciate it Shadownet and kurahador

Gifted from twitch poverty chat fam:
Castle Crashers

Depends on the game/luck of the draw/ time of day, its about 20/30 ppl that enter each draw avg.

Beelzebubs

Hammering dat f5 key or using the chrome extensions to refresh I would assume.

Xeroblade

Skyrim
COJ:Gunslinger
The King Of Fighters XIII
Marlow Briggs

Total Cost: Technically 0 because based M&M giveaway

Games won on gaf
System Shock 2
Zeno Clash 2
Thanks and appreciate it Shadownet and kurahador

Gifted from twitch poverty chat fam:
Castle Crashers

I never got that damn M&M to give me any free monies.

From my perspective, it was a bad idea for Valve to give discount control to the developers. All are extremely proud of their work, even if the titles in question are quite old.

Chavelo

Can someone hug me? This sadness I feel for Mexico losing in such a despicable way is getting to me...

No Ikaruga, no Double Dragon Neon, no SFxT.... does anyone want my Summer Adventure cards? Two 2's, two 4's, one 7, and two 8's. I don't want to bother with this sale anymore... :(

steamcommunity.com/id/Chavelo

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

thanks

Ah sorry, missed that. I highly vote for Super House Of Dead Ninjas and have written about how I love it so (my favourite game on Steam) quite a few times in past Steam threads. Though to keep it simple here is just a basic review on Steam itself I did.

So I vote for you getting that, and everyone getting that. However I'll be doing a giveaway for a few copies soon in this thread if you can wait just a bit and then three hours.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818

As for the DLC, I can only say it is worth it if one actually wants more difficulty from the game as it features a character that has less abilities, a harder difficulty mode, boss rush, and more achievements to aim for. All things I am quite happy for even as I struggle for the Speed Run, but nothing that changes the game or adds much more. So I say nay to that, or at least wait until the next sale when it will be discounted again, after you have grown use to the challenge and fun of the main game.

Nabs

I bought Papers, Please and Rogue Legacy. Two games that will probably be featured in the next Humble Bundle.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Sale is wrapped up for me. Hope you all had a great sale. This is one last giveaway as a thank you to all the members who have been extremely generous on this sale, and especially those who were not regular posters on the Steam threads but gave away so much stuff
Join the Wild Hunt !

acmnme.gif

tumblr_n6pn96EpcH1t9xsnro5_500.gif

Amazing giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom