• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birathen

Divinity: Original Sin, is it Baldurs gate/Neverwinter Nights good? Im about to pull the trigger but its hella expensive at 31 euro (Im secretly laughing since up until now I have been gaming on consoles where everything costs twice as much).

Edit Disregard, I saw there was an entire OT conserning the game :3 Will learn to read.

Mono

So, I bought some Civ 5 DLC with my Playfire credits, and Steam won't let me activate them because "I don't own the base game".

Gaben, pls. @_@

Grief.exe

Divinity: Original Sin, is it Baldurs gate/Neverwinter Nights good? Im about to pull the trigger but its hella expensive at 31 euro (Im secretly laughing since up until now I have been gaming on consoles where everything costs twice as much).

You have seen the light.

Tame

Man, I really want to buy Far Cry: Blood Dragon, but I don't want to experience Uplay :( Is is really that bad?

Uplay is only a mild annoyance in that its an extra step to play the game.

It goes from mild annoyance to pure arsehole when a new popular Ubisoft game (see Watchdogs) comes out.

couldnt log into Uplay for 2 days when Watchdogs came out

Oh THAC0. AD&D 2nd Edition was pretty damn confusing to newbies, yeah.

If i remember correctly THAC0 was also in the first edition ruleset as well so not that difficult to understand if you ever played the pen-n-paper version of D&D.

I do feel for the people who never played it before and trying to understand it in a CRPG ( versus pen-n-paper) and many of the mechanics are hidden dice rolls and invisible to the player.

Edit: THAC0 = To Hit Armor Class Zero for the newbies. =)

Badges>Summer Badge>How can I get more cards?

Awesome. I spent about double what I would've spent if I didn't get that Death Adder/Wallet Card deal.

q3nG5t3.png

I don't understand these complaints, it's either competitive or not. There's no middle ground of balance where everyone can be happy but there also be winners and losers.

Mine was more a complaint that I spent a day crafting badges 1) before I fully understood how the system worked and 2) before I realized that there was actual fixing going on (which Valve took steps to fix). After I realized that, I did it more for myself -- which led to my comment that I'd prefer it be based on individual badge creation rather than a "team" effort.

At a certain point in the day, if your team wasn't ahead, it was best to hold onto your badges until the next day. I wasn't looking for a middle ground of balance, just for a way that my individual contribution was actually useful toward a chance at winning something. They could've done that by selecting a single person from each losing team and giving them a single game off of their wishlist. That way even more people would likely have participated which would've led to even less chance of winning something, but each person's contribution would've contributed to their chance of a prize.

Mine was more a complaint that I spent a day crafting badges 1) before I fully understood how the system worked and 2) before I realized that there was actual fixing going on (which Valve took steps to fix). After I realized that, I did it more for myself -- which led to my comment that I'd prefer it be based on individual badge creation rather than a "team" effort.

At a certain point in the day, if your team wasn't ahead, it was best to hold onto your badges until the next day. I wasn't looking for a middle ground of balance, just for a way that my individual contribution was actually useful toward a chance at winning something. They could've done that by selecting a single person from each losing team and giving them a single game off of their wishlist. That way even more people would likely have participated which would've led to even less chance of winning something, but each person's contribution would've contributed to their chance of a prize.

I get what youre saying but if you think of them as souvenirs that let you have more friends it's not so bad

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh Steam, you amuse me so. I crafted the Adventure 2014 badge one last time (for more friend slots) and what do I get? A token steal points from Purple.

Uzzy

If i remember correctly THAC0 was also in the first edition ruleset as well so not that difficult to understand if you ever played the pen-n-paper version of D&D.

I do feel for the people who never played it before and trying to understand it in a CRPG ( versus pen-n-paper) and many of the mechanics are hidden dice rolls and invisible to the player.

Edit: THAC0 = To Hit Armor Class Zero for the newbies. =)

Looking it up, it would appear that you used attack matrixes in 1st Edition AD&D. Which look crazy.

But you're right in that the D&D ruleset is much easier to understand if you've played it in a group.

The Cowboy

Gutted, i had a limited of £15 on the sale and ended up buying a few cheap separate games - i wish I'd went for Planetary Annihilation instead, after watching some gameplay footage it looks so interesting.

What's the chance it will do back down to £10 soon after this sale (like a regular deal)?, or is it likely I'd we waiting for the next big sale?.

Caerith

I paced my badges out. I even have two left, ready to craft, but I'll wait until the winter event is live.

Speaking of individual vs team, I'd really rather they change community choice into individual choice. Let 51% of the community opt into repeats and zombies, but let the rest of us get deals on new stuff.

(Final repost!)

Greetings pedestrian thread-goers, veteran Steam-users, and desperate wallet-emptiers alike! Step riiiight up, step right up!

tvbx2Fx.jpg

Feeling let down after a long week of binge-refreshing this and other threads, hoping for amazing sale news?
Tired of staring at those games on your wishlist that just never quite seemed to want to go on sale?
Or d'ya simply get stuck on Team Blue-balls?

Well, I can't exactly help with all that, however...

Allow me to present to you Three Mysteeerrrrious Doors, each concealing a secret so intriguing - so mind-bending - that they must not be named here.
Choose one - and ONLY one - to see where your true fortune lies:

Will Real Horror overcome you, rendering you a senseless mass of nightmares and despair?

Will you feel the gnawing of Rats at your very soul - taking their Revenge on you for their own twisted existence?

Or, will you stand up, Dust yourself off, and press on into the future, 'til your own Tail's end?

May Lady Luck find you... before despair takes you!
ha ha... hahHA... MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaahhh...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- Must have an affinity for the dark and deranged
- Must be this tall to ride ====>> ----------- [4 ft]
- Must have a parent or guardian's permission to enter
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Door #1 -- MB-6E73711E40AD6634 - Taken by PolarBearsClub. 33 entrants total.

Door #B -- MB-6D2E6418BEA6B7EE - Taken by Vyse24. 48 entrants total.

Door #X -- MB-23C652F2B15765F1 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 19 entrants total.

t1404074454z1.png

Durante

Edit Disregard, I saw there was an entire OT conserning the game :3 Will learn to read.
I'm refusing to disregard, because I'm offended by the thought of comparing Original Sin with Neverwinter Nights (1) :p

KJ869

Uplay is only a mild annoyance in that its an extra step to play the game.

It goes from mild annoyance to pure arsehole when a new popular Ubisoft game (see Watchdogs) comes out.

couldnt log into Uplay for 2 days when Watchdogs came out

Uplay is almosy as bad as origins (Titanfall launch week was complete shitshow)

Hanzou

The blood dragon and gunslinger pack is 75% off/$6.25. Is that the cheapest it has been on sale or was it cheaper when gunslinger was a flash sale?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
(Final repost!)

Greetings pedestrian thread-goers, veteran Steam-users, and desperate wallet-emptiers alike! Step riiiight up, step right up!

tvbx2Fx.jpg

Feeling let down after a long week of binge-refreshing this and other threads, hoping for amazing sale news?
Tired of staring at those games on your wishlist that just never quite seemed to want to go on sale?
Or d'ya simply get stuck on Team Blue-balls?

Well, I can't exactly help with all that, however...

Allow me to present to you Three Mysteeerrrrious Doors, each concealing a secret so intriguing - so mind-bending - that they must not be named here.
Choose one - and ONLY one - to see where your true fortune lies:

Will Real Horror overcome you, rendering you a senseless mass of nightmares and despair?

Will you feel the gnawing of Rats at your very soul - taking their Revenge on you for their own twisted existence?

Or, will you stand up, Dust yourself off, and press on into the future, 'til your own Tail's end?

May Lady Luck find you... before despair takes you!
ha ha... hahHA... MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaahhh...
So I just PM Door #X -- MB-23C652F2B15765F1 etc to Modbot and have the title as whatever?

injurai

Banned
I want Dishonored but I'm leary towards the GOTY version. I don't want any of those added traits or whatever to spoil the game's balance. Is it safe to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom