• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of the DLC for Civilization V worth the money? Won a copy from a giveaway earlier (thanks again Instro!) And was wondering if the DLC was worth it enough and changes the game or adds a good amount of content. I'm down to probably get 1 DLC now and another at a later time during another sale or something.

If you like the base game pick up BNW.

Instro

Any of the DLC for Civilization V worth the money? Won a copy from a giveaway earlier (thanks again Instro!) And was wondering if the DLC was worth it enough and changes the game or adds a good amount of content. I'm down to probably get 1 DLC now and another at a later time during another sale or something.

Brave New World, and Gods and Kings are must haves as they add a lot to the game. They are the 2 expansions. Everything else is whatever. The base game is still good without either of those though.

RS4-

Alright, so I'm going to buy some keys for Divinity, any reason to buy the more expensive tf2 keys over dota keys? the trader I'm eyeing seems to want either, despite the ~60 cent difference, seems kinda strange.

If he's ok with 1:1 then...just buy the dota 2 keys. Just make sure he wants 1:1

xBladeM6x

I keep seeing gifts being passed out. Is there some super secret GAF ritual I'm missing out on, that requires you to be so lucky? xD

ibxZDK0GGXimQz.png

(it was a real link and now my account is hijacked, thanks a lot!)

oti

Banned
Guys, Greece lost and now I'm sad. Thanks to everyone who gifted me games through the raffles, those will cheer me up (I hope). Very nice thread, love you all.

Beelzebubs

Brave New World, and Gods and Kings are must haves as they add a lot to the game. They are the 2 expansions. Everything else is whatever. The base game is still good without either of those though.

God and kings isn't essential. It only really adds a couple of extra civs and scenarios if you pick up Brave New World as BNW includes the core game changes that G+K provides as well.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
No but seriously, is MGR: REVENGEANCE™ a good port? I know about the resolution limit, but it's not a problem (for now). I'm more worried about stability. Any particular problem?

Dambrosi

Banned
ibxZDK0GGXimQz.png

(it was a real link and now my account is hijacked, thanks a lot!)
It says "steaRNcommunities.com" clearly, right there. Nobody could possibly fall for that, so I'm calling joke post.

Besides, follow a link to get a Steam gift? Reeks of a scam. Yeah, defo a joke post.

Please tell me it was a joke post.

xBladeM6x

Jealousy consumes me when I see shovel knight being given away.

I won it in a Modbot raffle, and yet I feel jealousy for some illogical reason. Lol. I'm surprised no one has been gifting Magicite considering how popular it seems to be right now.

gsrjedi

I wanna say I had a great time during the sale with you guys. Just waiting to see if the M&Ms site comes back online before I pick up a last couple of cheap games. Can't promise I'll post much, but I'll definitely check out the regular Steam thread.

rrs

I'm very tempted to break my vow on not spending my money on video games for rogue legacy, Wolfenstein or something else fun and cheap but I got to resist the wallet squeeze

I'm very tempted to break my vow on not spending my money on video games for rogue legacy, Wolfenstein or something else fun and cheap but I got to resist the wallet squeeze

Do it for Rogue Legacy. I'd trade a testicle for that game. Luckily I got it off humble bundle some time ago without giving up any organs

How is the PC port of MG Rising? It's like under $10 in Japan for the PS3 version so the sale isn't very enticing.

As someone who doesn't concern worry too much about all the extra pc perks I thought it was a good port. I got 60fps at 1080p and didn't have any problem with the game. only issue is that I'd say the game is a bit too brown, needs more color imo

Eesh, quite a bit of damage from the steam sale on my end, bought:

X-Com Enemy Unknown/Within
Final Fantasy III
DMC4
Wolfenstein The New Order
Age of Wonders 3
Age of Mythology EE
Baldur's Gate 2 EE
Resident Evil 4

~$125

I only really buy games during the steam sale, so I guess I don't feel so bad. But still, eesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom