• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

i should start saving from now
next sales should be epic
xqyMl7S.jpg

1345191463021j7kik.gif

Beelzebubs

Eesh, quite a bit of damage from the steam sale on my end, bought:

X-Com Enemy Unknown/Within
Final Fantasy III
DMC4
Wolfenstein The New Order
Age of Wonders 3
Age of Mythology EE
Baldur's Gate 2 EE
Resident Evil 4

~$125

I only really buy games during the steam sale, so I guess I don't feel so bad. But still, eesh.

That's 2 console retail games :p

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
As someone who doesn't concern worry too much about all the extra pc perks I thought it was a good port. I got 60fps at 1080p and didn't have any problem with the game. only issue is that I'd say the game is a bit too brown, needs more color imo

That's a last-gen Platinum game for you. They're really brown, dunno why.

Ozium

FUCK YOU GUYS YOU'RE NOT HELPING.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, I'LL BUY IT, TO HELL WITH AVARICE, MORE MONEY FOR PLATINUM GODS.

It helps that I have 80cent in credits, better than nothing.

STANDING HERE
I REALIZED
YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME, TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY
BUT WHO'S TO JUDGE
THE RIGHT FROM WRONG?
WHEN OUR GUARD IS DOWN, I THINK WE'LL BOTH AGREE..

THAT STEAM SALES BREED STEAM SALES
BUT IN THE END IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY!!

Mechazawa

No but seriously, is MGR: REVENGEANCE™ a good port? I know about the resolution limit, but it's not a problem (for now). I'm more worried about stability. Any particular problem?

How is the PC port of MG Rising? It's like under $10 in Japan for the PS3 version so the sale isn't very enticing.

It's the console versions with the DLC for free and no framerate drops when you go ham in Zandatsu if your PC can handle it.

There aren't any real performance issues to my knowledge.

Tizoc

That's your own fault. I told you guys it wasn't Bad Rats and that you wouldn't regret it.

...but what if it was Metal Gear Rising? ...and I already have that game?

Eh non the less, kudos for the generosity amigo.

No but seriously, is MGR: REVENGEANCE™ a good port? I know about the resolution limit, but it's not a problem (for now). I'm more worried about stability. Any particular problem?

It is a good port.
Dude seriously stop trying to come up with excuses and buy the game: IT WILL SET YOU FREE!

Miker

I don't think the game has any huge stability problems. It had (has?) some odd problems with resolution and 50 fps, but I think the community found some relatively simple workarounds to those already.

Toki767

...but what if it was Metal Gear Rising? ...and I already have that game?

Eh non the less, kudos for the generosity amigo.

Ha.

I didn't have a game in mind to give away. My plan was just to look at a guy's wishlist and pick something from it.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
SAINTS ROW 4
DO EET

Don't do it! (please do it I haven't won anything yet)

Long Live the Queen.

Make it so

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MYSTERY GAME -- MB-ED28157CCFEF062D - Taken by eek5. 58 entrants total.

t1404085656z1.png

Awww yiss.

dot

HAY GUYS SO HERE'S MAH STUFF.

I got...one of the best action games ever (you get to play as Ichigo! :eek:), one of the best rat games ever, Llama Llama, card games on motorcycles on hippos, zambies, kawaii schoolgirls, Gravity featuring Sandra Bullock, and more zambies. Oh and other stuff.
Sorry that it's not Witcher 3 or anything, this was all i could afford. Also for people who wanted a new drawing from me, sorry again...my hand hurts and i'm lazy.

May Ariana, Sanic, and Gaben bless you all. Good luck.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

State of Decay -- MB-0F3BC754165F8CFD - Taken by demented
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-D5D7EA05C5583886 - Taken by Shadowplay1979
Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-B77556BF01648D1C - Taken by CreepingFear
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-EDB9052AF41BD823 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
Final Slam 2 -- MB-6C0EE37368F5AEB3
Windforge -- MB-62F3DFF93F09A8EE - Taken by Casimir
Serious Sam 3 BFE (plus the BFE Bonus Pack) -- MB-44EBE444FB10F71F - Taken by Henry Swanson
The Last Remnant -- MB-176FAB3D078466B7 - Taken by ohblahitsme
Defy Gravity Extended -- MB-0BB9C4C7F9EABE05
LYNE -- MB-426F12D71A901597 - Taken by Arthos
Death Rally -- MB-E8D20D502A97133B - Taken by bobnowhere
Dead Pixels -- MB-09E7A70FB9C5BD2E
Marlow Briggs -- MB-AA6D7850B7965EAB - Taken by masterkajo
Critical Mass -- MB-B594338D059EFB27
One Way Heroics -- MB-736073A013E7C9FF - Taken by AsylumX
VVVVVV -- MB-8CAA1EE5BBA1F779
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-1A7675D04B1633FB - Taken by LGom09
Card City Nights -- MB-4B99E3052BF43260 - Taken by someguyinahat
Just Cause 2 -- MB-06B886E283F9CE5A
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-B294D7193DCC570D
La-Mulana -- MB-001933ABE9766434 - Taken by dorxan

t1404095632z1.png

wA0B4Lz.gif

Oh yeah, here's the original comic that the banner came from. The super popular mega-hit Sonic Adventure 3: Sonic's Revengeance and the Gabe of Thrones.

jholmes

I'm very tempted to break my vow on not spending my money on video games for rogue legacy, Wolfenstein or something else fun and cheap but I got to resist the wallet squeeze

Rogue Legacy is awesome and totally worth the $7.50, even though it was half that a few times during the sale. (Big ups again to Beatofficer for gifting me the game -- I thought I'd fiddle with it for a little and come back to it later, but I'm pretty crazy about it!)

Turfster

Awww yiss.

Fuck it, why not?
It's not like I'll win.

In more important news!
I can finally access my UPlay accounts again!
Except... uh... one of them now has no games in it?
Oh Ubi.

To celebrate, I tried running From Dust...
and it's updating... and updating... and updating again...

Tizoc

HAY GUYS SO HERE'S MAH STUFF.

I got...one of the best action games ever (you get to play as Ichigo! :eek:), one of the best rat games ever, Llama Llama, card games on motorcycles on hippos, zambies, kawaii schoolgirls, Gravity featuring Sandra Bullock, and more zambies. Oh and other stuff.
Sorry that it's not Witcher 3 or anything, this was all i could afford. Also for people who wanted a new drawing from me, sorry again...my hand hurts and i'm lazy.

May Ariana, Sanic, and Gaben bless you all. Good luck.

wA0B4Lz.gif

Oh yeah, here's the original comic that the banner came from. The super popular mega-hit Sonic Adventure 3: Sonic's Revengeance and the Gabe of Thrones.

Some good ish in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom