• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
48336075.jpg

Sonic and Knuckles drinking coffee at the exact same moment I'm drinking coffee?

The illuminati is real :eek:

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
WHY AM I LISTENING TO REVENGEANCE SOUNDTRACK.

THIS SOUNDTRACKS IS SO HYPE.

I DON'T WANT TO DOUBLE DIP RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE

r3n4ud

Now that the sale is ending and things will get back to normal, want to say it was great meeting all you new Steam folks.

Hope you guys make your way over to the regular monthly Steam thread and join in on fun we have there. Having you guys join us would be great in addition to the awesome members already there.

Deitus

Well, I guess it's about time for me to close the book on the Steam sale. Got a bunch of good deals, and had fun hanging out in these threads, but all things must come to and end. Maybe I'll try to keep up with the normal SteamGAF thread after this one closes.

Comrades, i need opinions. i am a man who doesn't know what he wants.

Looking at the following right now:
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Skullgirls (have on psn)
  • Long Live The Queen
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  • Worms Revolution Gold Edition
  • Portal 2 (have on psn)
  • Devil May Cry 4 (I tried GuardianE, i really tried your lotteries...)
Any other suggestions?

i'm also banking on this. o.o

If you have Portal 2 on PSN/PS3, unless you bought it used, it should have came with a code for Portal 2 on Steam, no?

PLEASE

YES YOU DO. SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST! RULES OF NATURE!

guys you know what I just realized? DmC only went on sale once(or if it did again I wasn't around). :( I was hoping to pick up Virgil's Downfall. Well, I guess I'll just leave the game installed till another sale once again.

So I think this sale was actually alright in format. I can appreciate Valve
trying some different things. Some worked (Community Vote 4 games v 1 game) and some...didn't (the whole team shitstorm).

The whole thing would be improved by a) removing the potential discounts from the community vote so people can't just vote the bigger numbers and b) random teams each day (or some iteration of that).

In regards to the threads....like almost every sale, this brings out the best and worst.

WHY AM I LISTENIND TO REVENGEANCE SOUNDTRACK.

PLEASE

Rules of NATUREEEE

DrEvil

not a medical professional
My pickups from the sale, approx $40 spent.

Garry's Mod
System Shock 2
System Shock 2*
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Trials Fusion - Standard Edition**
LYNE**
Ikaruga**
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Nidhogg 2-Pack*
ARMA 3
The Stanley Parable

*Given as Gifts
**Received as Gifts

TronLight

MEMORIES
BROKEN

THE TRUTH GOES
UNSPOKEN

I'VE EVEN FORGOTTEN MY
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

denx

PLEASE

I've been listening to the soundtrack pretty much non stop today. SO GOOD.

AND YES YOU WANT TO DOUBLE DIP DO IT ALSO FUCK MONSOON.

Miker

Good to hear.
Maybe I'll pick it up next time it goes on sale after all, even though it has ughplay.

I think it's pretty great from a value standpoint - you have an 8 hour-ish campaign, maybe 6 hours of relatively replayable co-op missions, and Spies vs. Mercs multiplayer. Keep in mind that it's a game definitely built on top of Conviction - same engine, same clunky cover mechanic, etc. The level design, with a few exceptions, is definitely more conducive to stealth than Conviction (no Iraq third person shooting level to be seen so far). A lot of the fun is comes from the wacky gadgetry - it's easier to count the gadgets that *don't* release sleeping gas in Blacklist, which is a good thing, imo.

Also - UPlay integration: it's unobtrusive, unless you want to invite a buddy to play multiplayer, then you're forced to use the awkward Shift+F2 combo to manage invitations and stuff.

Hugstable

Banned
Any of the DLC for Civilization V worth the money? Won a copy from a giveaway earlier (thanks again Instro!) And was wondering if the DLC was worth it enough and changes the game or adds a good amount of content. I'm down to probably get 1 DLC now and another at a later time during another sale or something.

TronLight

FUCK YOU GUYS YOU'RE NOT HELPING.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, I'LL BUY IT, TO HELL WITH AVARICE, MORE MONEY FOR PLATINUM GODS.

It helps that I have 80cent in credits, better than nothing.

Turfster

You... You...
It's always you!

I think it's pretty great from a value standpoint - you have an 8 hour-ish campaign, maybe 6 hours of relatively replayable co-op missions, and Spies vs. Mercs multiplayer. Keep in mind that it's a game definitely built on top of Conviction - same engine, same clunky cover mechanic, etc. The level design, with a few exceptions, is definitely more conducive to stealth than Conviction (no Iraq third person shooting level to be seen so far). A lot of the fun is comes from the wacky gadgetry - it's easier to count the gadgets that *don't* release sleeping gas in Blacklist, which is a good thing, imo.

Also - UPlay integration: it's unobtrusive, unless you want to invite a buddy to play multiplayer, then you're forced to use the awkward Shift+F2 combo to manage invitations and stuff.
Good, good.
My problems with uplay are multiple, but I can try and work around them... I guess.
Let's see if I can even get back to my account.

Beelzebubs

So why aren't you guys buying Defy Gravity Extended? It's £0.18 for the game, drops 3 cards (of the 5 for the badge) and the cards sell for over £0.07 each at the moment.

I actually just made a profit of £0.04 just picking up the game :S

Red

Despite my initial budget of $30, I spent just over $100 and nabbed a metric shit ton of games. Topped off my purchases with Borderlands 2 GOTY because why the hell not. The towering monument of my backlog signifies my dismal self control.

Beelzebubs

Any of the DLC for Civilization V worth the money? Won a copy from a giveaway earlier (thanks again Instro!) And was wondering if the DLC was worth it enough and changes the game or adds a good amount of content. I'm down to probably get 1 DLC now and another at a later time during another sale or something.

Brave New World is amazing and adds so much to the game it almost feels like a sequel than an expansion.

Alright, so I'm going to buy some keys for Divinity, any reason to buy the more expensive tf2 keys over dota keys? the trader I'm eyeing seems to want either, despite the ~60 cent difference, seems kinda strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom