• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Well you know what Seaking, I get gratuitous offers for sex from blond-haired women and strange men in rubber ducky masks. I ain't jealous. My time card is occupied until 2018. Don't need no games. Don't need no drama.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was that a price mistake? I don't remember seeing it that low and I was watching it pretty closely when the base game on was dailies or flash sales. I would have bought at 2.50

by again I mean another sale without it going more than 50% :)

yGray

Banned
Hey thanks to @shadownetx who gifted me Alan Wake the other night. It was really nice.

If anyone wants some 1 month XBL and hulu trial codes let me know. I also have some 360 Dance Central 2 codes. Just PM me.

L.O.R.D

Hail Hydra.

Oh yeah, here's the original comic that the banner came from. The super popular mega-hit Sonic Adventure 3: Sonic's Revengeance and the Gabe of Thrones.

wA0B4Lz.gif

i hope i can win something

Thezez

Banned
Well the one game I badly wanted didn't go on sale this time around, damn you early access Carmageddon. Good to see 4 people who won the games with the card thing got it though, lucky!

Seaklng

Banned
When you wake up tomorrow you have this short moment where you are not sure if it really happend. Then you remember and realise it was all real and you get that smile. Second best waking up right there.

gah you are so right. sokhmlrwaghfnzl
ALRIGHT I TOTALLY NEED TO GO TO RIGHT BED NOW
hah

Imagine there's no real trading protection? Just hope this guy comes through, have to hope he will give he has over a hundred credit on steamtrades and I made sure the profile listed was the same, ie not an impostor.

Dambrosi

Banned
Well the one game I badly wanted didn't go on sale this time around, damn you early access Carmageddon. Good to see 4 people who won the games with the card thing got it though, lucky!
This is me with Astebreed. In another week, I'd be happy to buy it for full price, but not during a Steam Sale.

dinopoke

Hey guys, I'm an idiot and bought the standalone versions of Skyrim and Dishonoured. Should I cut my losses and buy the bundles (a loss of ~$10 in total) or should I wait for future DLC sales? I don't mind missing out on post-game DLC but I feel like I'm lacking the complete experience if I don't have the DLC that shows up in-game.
Buy the bundles and send a support ticket to Steam asking for a refund for the standalone versions and say that you bought them by accident. I was able to get a refund for Castle Crashers after I accidentally bought it instead of the Can't Stop Laughing bundle when they were 90% off. They responded with a refund less than a day later. I can't guarantee the same thing will happen to you but it doesn't hurt to try.

Indignate

This steam sale was not nearly important enough for that it shouldn't have been able to completely blindside me on new Korra episodes.

Damn it, Gabe. Gotta go watch those now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Imagine there's no real trading protection? Just hope this guy comes through, have to hope he will give he has over a hundred credit on steamtrades and I made sure the profile listed was the same, ie not an impostor.

If you did a two-way trade then you can ask Valve to reverse it; if instead you "gifted" the keys (i.e. you offered them in return for nothing) then you may not be so lucky.

hohoXD123

Should be fine then, they really wouldn't want to have negative reps on their profile. But yeah, if you didn't trade directly through steam, and instead used cd keys or whatever, I can't imagine there being much protection.

khaaan

The DLC for both these games contains a pretty expansive amount of content, and they never go on sale for more than 50% off.

Dishonored DLC is an absolute must, Skyrim not so much.

If you want all the DLCs you're better off buying the complete edition because they're always cheaper then buying the DLCs separetely.

I finally caved and bought Skyrim Legendary Edition with the DLCs this sale even though I already owned the base game. The DLCs never get discounted as much as the Legendary Edition does so it always seems to come out cheaper to buy it.

I only need 1 more of the Dishonored DLCs though so I am holding out for a better mark down on that last one, especially since I haven't even started the others yet.

argh, thanks for the responses. I caved and bought the DLC bundles, I guess I can live with a $10 loss. I'll use the fact that the only other games I've bought is Alan Wake Bundle and Arkham City Bundle as solace...though I kind of also want Crysis to show me why I just bought a PC.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom