• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

*flex*
YmvBHsI.png

lovely price mistakes <3

Omg, you're lucky! :O

So I'm getting "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support." I contacted customer service, but I fear they won't get back to me in time to make the sale purchase.

If you did a two-way trade then you can ask Valve to reverse it; if instead you "gifted" the keys (i.e. you offered them in return for nothing) then you may not be so lucky.

Yeah, will stick to tradables as I usually do(ie dozens of trades) from now on. Fingers crossed that this is fixed soon.

Vyse24

So I have the Red Team Mountaintop wallpaper even though I was part of the Pink team. If anyone has that one and wants this one lemme know.

And while I writing stuff lemme thank Kiru for Spacechem.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I have Ass Creed games across a bunch of different systems; really kind of annoying. Ended up double-dipping on them to have them in one place; but will wait for Black Flag and Liberation to drop to $5 before splurging on them... maybe this holiday?

Overall, it always blows my mind how I think there aren't any games I still want, and then I realize how much is still out there that I want to play.

Totally forgot to take advantage of the Resident Evil 4 sale, which is disappointing :( But otherwise, happy with my haul. Ended up telling myself "no" to about $100 worth of stuff ... ... looking at you, Planetary Annihilation.

14558857283_481de40bf3_z.jpg

14538724515_2a8d3c5070_o.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beat Hazard -- MB-79B5093F8AB4C275 - Taken by LanceVance. 1 entrants total.

t1404089997z1.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I've accepted everyone who added me (13!) will accept anymore if there are any tomorrow.

Seems I won the guy playing b ball!

Thank you Enco!

I'm off to bed now (2am here in the UK) so likely wake up to the new OT.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh, Koala Sorceror, did you get your 3k award and I missed it?

rtcn63

...how many avatars have you gone through during this sale??

He's only ever had the one avatar, of the one woman. He's loyal like that. I appreciate it. The avatar can alter its appearance on a whim, limited only by its own expectations of what other members desire from it. For example, Saoirse had brown hair for a week because a few of the fellowship hinted that they preferred the color just a tiny bit more than the norm.

Mono

Do I need to play Witcher before Witcher 2? Story wise I mean.

Nope, there's a really helpful video CDP made that explains the story up to the point of The Witcher 2. The story in The Witcher 1 is excellent and it's worth playing through, but the combat is super janky and outdated. If you think you can put up with that, then by all means play it, but the video is quite helpful in filling in the first games' plot.

Garcia

Why is there no Save & Quit option in Risk of Rain?

I'm going through my best run but I have to jet outta home and I don't know when will I be coming back. Fuck this shit, seriously.

*flex*
YmvBHsI.png

lovely price mistakes <3

I managed to get in on that Bethesda bundle pricing error on Gamersgate about a year and a half ago. Every Elder Scrolls and Fallout, Dishonored, Doom 3 BFG, Rage, and a few other games, for $30 total. I managed to get two, actually; sold what I didn't redeem and made my $60 back exactly. That was a good Christmas.

Dambrosi

Banned
Nope, there's a really helpful video CDP made that explains the story up to the point of The Witcher 2. The story in The Witcher 1 is excellent and it's worth playing through, but the combat is super janky and outdated. If you think you can put up with that, then by all means play it, but the video is quite helpful in filling in the first games' plot.
There's a combat mod for the original game, though, isn't there? Maybe he could try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom