• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaaan

Hey guys, I'm an idiot and bought the standalone versions of Skyrim and Dishonoured. Should I cut my losses and buy the bundles (a loss of ~$10 in total) or should I wait for future DLC sales? I don't mind missing out on post-game DLC but I feel like I'm lacking the complete experience if I don't have the DLC that shows up in-game.

At least two people. One first day winner and a late runner-up.

Yeah, like 2 people.

damn GAF always representing some how

but so jelly right now...

I regret nothing.

STEAMSUMMERSALEDMG_zpsf9722216.png

:O

NBNT YOU LOVELY INDIVIDUAL. I WANNA KISS YOUR FRIGGIN' FACE.
THANK YOU X'S A TRILLION

9PYRv.jpg

9PYWa.gif

congrats man

*cries*

Ventara

I think one of my favorite moments of these threads was when everyone was posting their steam profiles and adding each other. I have a lot more friends on my Steam account now :).

Although I've been a member of Steam for over 3 years, I just used it to play games (and occasionally buy them). Now that I know about stuff like badges and cards, I'll probably be sticking around, especially seeing how awesome Steam-gaf is.

Anyways, is there a Steam-gaf group? I saw it mentioned a few times and would like to join if I can. There's no hazing, is there? lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey guys, I'm an idiot and bought the standalone versions of Skyrim and Dishonoured. Should I cut my losses and buy the bundles (a loss of ~$10 in total) or should I wait for future DLC sales? I don't mind missing out on post-game DLC but I feel like I'm lacking the complete experience if I don't have the DLC that shows up in-game.

The DLC for both these games contains a pretty expansive amount of content, and they never go on sale for more than 50% off.

Ventara

Modbot is completing phase three of becoming self aware, and he's already choosing the first targets. Well, it was nice knowing you guys.

It's only a matter of time before it starts keeping the games for itself, in order to "protect" them from the scammers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit, theres a new "why not both" gif that will get a lot of use in steam threads lol

imMLQxFbakOwP.gif

thank you based ambrose

Poetic

So how many new members to SteamGAF will be sticking around when we go back to a regular thread? Saw a lot of new faces this sale.

Me, I've been transitioning to pc gaming for the last year and a half. Haven't even purchased a next gen console. I ordered a new monitor last night and plan on building a new pc towards the end of the year. PC gaming is for me.

Plus SteamGAF is best GAF.

And since he hasn't posted. Thereisnois won Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Right! So the two mystery games I won this summer sale were Bad Rats and Fallout NV (which I own). Will decline Fallout NV so some other lucky GAFer can experience this great game.

Thanks Dr(not so)Evil!

Huh. Entered for Door B and it says I won Door 1. This an error or something?

Nah not a mistake, I actually renamed them (from 1, 2, and 3) after I got the ModBot message, but didn't think about the fact that it might end up a little confusing. At least you won the gift that keeps on giving all year round :D

Dishonored DLC is an absolute must, Skyrim not so much.

If you want all the DLCs you're better off buying the complete edition because they're always cheaper then buying the DLCs separetely.

Vyse24

Nah not a mistake, I actually renamed them (from 1, 2, and 3) after I got the ModBot message, but didn't think about the fact that it might end up a little confusing. At least you won the gift that keeps on giving all year round :D

lol I didn't even see what the game was yet but now I kinda have a feeling I know what it is...

Huh...so it wasn't...kay...

Backlogger

I finally caved and bought Skyrim Legendary Edition with the DLCs this sale even though I already owned the base game. The DLCs never get discounted as much as the Legendary Edition does so it always seems to come out cheaper to buy it.

I only need 1 more of the Dishonored DLCs though so I am holding out for a better mark down on that last one, especially since I haven't even started the others yet.

Ryne

This thread still flies, I'll bump my cheapies once more:

Some cheapies picked up during the sale:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-03D4235E44DF1E1D - Taken by UncleO. 13 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines -- MB-8E28D62C4C4DE1F3 - Taken by KPJZKC. 6 entrants total.
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can Eat Edition -- MB-18F09C2239184079 - Taken by Cru. 22 entrants total.

t1404089106z1.png

purg3

slept with Malkin
So how many new members to SteamGAF will be sticking around when we go back to a regular thread? Saw a lot of new faces this sale.

I will definitely. SteamGAF is awesome, plus I'll need people to play with now that I got a ton of games from this sale and the give aways. SteamGAF is good people.

tylerf

I can't decide whether to use my remaining credit to buy multiple cheap indies or use it to buy 1 more expensive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom