• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

D'aww. I can forgive someone who is currently playing Shovel Knight.

I changed my GAF name this week (Thanks Stump!) for mainly this reason. All my online game stuff is Stuggernaut, may as well have GAF match.

RIP Mr. Pockets ;P

Good to hear! Anyone playing Shovel Knight is clearly a good person after all.

Be it as it may, added my gaf username infront of my regular username (at least for the time being).

Seaklng

Banned
NBNT rocks... I got 30+ hours in Dark Souls 2 already (thanks again!!)

That game was so hard at first, but man is it addictive once you get over the learning curve a bit. I still die when shit breathes on me, but it's hella fun :)

If it wasn't for him, I would have never bought the game because of how hard it looked.

EDIT : Proof is in the pic ;)

MUkhoqf.png

nbnt is such a sweetie ;u; <333

Striek

Couple games, I <3 VVVVVV and I'm passing forward the gem that is CC which Salsa gifted me a long time ago.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

VVVVVV -- MB-8484F601AAEA81C4 - Taken by Anustart. 2 entrants total.
Cargo Commander -- MB-07AC687570B3E74E - Taken by saunderez. 5 entrants total.

t1404097449z1.png

I've been playing Resident Evil 4 and it's not impressing me that much. I've just gotten to level 3 so maybe it will get better, so far it's a decent action game but I don't see anything that accounts for the kind of praise it received.

Was it just the time it came out and the impact it had?

Brother bought that back on the Wii. Stopped playing it after a bit, I can't stand resident evil since it doesn't allow you to aim and move. really dumb choice imo.

Played a few hours of Sleeping Dogs today. So good. Only purchase of the sale at 38 cents. Ah, the poor life. Currently downloading the HD textures!

I remember getting that game awhile back during a pricing error, with no huge intention of playing it. So randomly I booted it up, and it ended up being a lot better than I expected. A very enjoyable experience and although it doesn't really do one area perfect (combat, driving, etc.) it does each well enough that the entire package is a solid product in my opinion. Hope you keep playing it!

Turfster

thanks. also will a pop up happen if someone wants to buy my card?

Nope, it'll happen automatically.
Once you've listed it, you don't have to look at it any more, unless you want to remove the item from the market or change the price it's at (which also involves removing it first and then relisting it)
You'll get an email and an entry for it in the "My Market History" tab once it happens, and you'll notice your steamwallet total has changed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CENA WINS LOL

Edit: oops wrong thread, where's my wrestling bro from earlier at?

Mmh, just realized I went overbugdet too fast. 50€ max. and I'm already at 70€.
Steams catalogue is really huge.

Damn, I gotta choose now between these.
battlefield 2 < it's a must
chivalry CE < was so hyped for this
portal 2 < want it for co-op
edf insect < co-op looks mad fun
mount & blade collection < interesting & cheap, but I guess it'll be a skip
killing floor bundle < often recommended, but it'll have to wait till winter sale
nuclear dawn < premise is nice & cheap, mmh, torn
half-life 1 ce < gafer suggested sven coop, mmh, torn
And these I'll have to skip this sale.
sanctum 2 CE < I have the first one, so skip
cyrsis maximum < if it only won community, but now skip
Sniper Zombie Bundle < skip
dead island riptide < the first one will have to do; skip
red faction guerilla < really hurts, but skip
thief collection < got deus ex and wanted this, too. A very tough skip
just cause < the second one'll have to do; skip
fear < missed daily; see you in winter; skip
Plus so many indies that'll be skipped, I can't but get excited for winter sale already.

Unicorn

I remember getting that game awhile back during a pricing error, with no huge intention of playing it. So randomly I booted it up, and it ended up being a lot better than I expected. A very enjoyable experience and although it doesn't really do one area perfect (combat, driving, etc.) it does each well enough that the entire package is a solid product in my opinion. Hope you keep playing it!
I'm decked out like classic shirtless Bruce Lee tearing gangsters up. Driving was a surprise - was expecting it to be stiff.

Really feeling the True Crime roots mixed with some Shenmue.

There's something missing, but can't think of it. Would live a sequel someday though. Lots of neat ideas I've seen so far.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
And spoke too soon. Anyways I saw this was on steam and wanted to give it away since I've never seen anyone in the steam threads talk about it. I picked up cheap during a PSN sale for Vita awhile back and fell in love with it. Its super short, but incredibly fun. Not a lightning raffle just to give more people a shot at it since it isnt a huge well known indie title.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Velocity Ultra -- MB-255908C67AE45DBB - Taken by Henry Swanson

t1404107129z1.png

Indignate

NBNT rocks... I got 30+ hours in Dark Souls 2 already (thanks again!!)

That game was so hard at first, but man is it addictive once you get over the learning curve a bit. I still die when shit breathes on me, but it's hella fun :)

If it wasn't for him, I would have never bought the game because of how hard it looked.

EDIT : Proof is in the pic ;)

MUkhoqf.png

You guys can stop saying that there's a pattern to NBNT.

I mean, look at this guys manly ass avatar.

iosefe

And spoke too soon. Anyways I saw this was on steam and wanted to give it away since I've never seen anyone in the steam threads talk about it. I picked up cheap during a PSN sale for Vita awhile back and fell in love with it. Its super short, but incredibly fun. Not a lightning raffle just to give more people a shot at it since it isnt a huge well known indie title.

this game is hella good. beat it on the vita, but it's a tough game to perfect.

Beware Level 50

Beelzebubs

I figured as much. Just from that brief glimpse I could tell he was pretty lame.

Actually it was because of drug use and the fact he was a prick to work with. Was always pretty decent in ring though. Got offered to go to a rehab but he refused and intentionally tried getting fired from WWE by working dangerously.

Ventara

Mmh, just realized I went overbugdet too fast. 50€ max. and I'm already at 70€.
Steams catalogue is really huge.

Damn, I gotta choose now between these.

I'd recommend Portal 2. I didn't play co-op much, but it was enjoyable what I did play. You really do have to work together to complete a lot of the puzzles, and they're not that easy either. And the campaign was FANTASTIC. Loved the puzzles, and even more the companion commentary.

OK, gonna be heading to bed, so I expect these to be gone when I wake up. Reposting from earlier for visibility's sake.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-F438BA4EA6E722BC - Taken by Relaxed Muscle. 91 entrants total.

t1404103455z1.png

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Rock of Ages -- MB-41133B167BD16076 - Taken by bluechox2. 10 entrants total.

t1404104838z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom