• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myshkin

didnt we have multiple modbots last year?

In his quest for power, Jason Frost fused ModBot, ModBot2, and ModBot3 together. Unfortunately, like we had been warned, a fusion accident occurred, and the ultimate Bad Rat was created. From his foil card, we see that King Bad Rat looks like Harvey Lembeck.

Stumpokapow paid some fees, and we now have the 3 bots working in our stable again.

I'd recommend Portal 2. I didn't play co-op much, but it was enjoyable what I did play. You really do have to work together to complete a lot of the puzzles, and they're not that easy either. And the campaign was FANTASTIC. Loved the puzzles, and even more the companion commentary.

Yeah, the co-op aspect is intriguing. Probably gonna get it.

xBladeM6x

What must people do for NBNT to notice us poor peasants?

6bl4fZU.gif

On a side note, Shovel Knight is amazing.

Speevy

Banned
OH MY GODDD ShadownetX is so FREAKING AWESOME HE BOUGHT ME IKARUGA AND ASTEBREED IM GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK

HOLY SHIT TTTTTTTTTTTTT

You know, with how much money the service brings in you'd think Valve would put in the effort to hire a good support staff.

I don't care how tight-knit and awesome their company culture is. You can't be this big with this many issues and not have a good support staff. If I had this sort of payment issue with Amazon I'd already be in contact with a rep and actively solving it by now. With Steam, I'll be lucky to hear from them within the week. For an issue that pertains to a deal that ends in 14 hours. This is unacceptable.

Mmh, just realized I went overbugdet too fast. 50€ max. and I'm already at 70€.
Steams catalogue is really huge.

Damn, I gotta choose now between these.

And these I'll have to skip this sale.

Plus so many indies that'll be skipped, I can't but get excited for winter sale already.

I have a bundle of Half Life Source and Lost Coast if you want, I'm not sure what CE is. PM if you want/need it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=844556.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-F3B7B2D500F8FF7B - Taken by TheMadMan007

Indignate

It's an okay beat-em-up that has been bundled quite a bit. Can't say I'd recommend it for $4.

It has been bundle fodder as a few people I know had spare keys. Was able to snag one from them.

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't even pay attention to Enhanced telling me it was.

UncleBiz

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=844556.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

do I.. do I enter?

And what else are you playing an RE game for? The story? RE4's is just as terrible as RE6.

I do love RE6, but the game has shitty vehicle sections, horrible scripted enemies that won't react to gunshots has they should (these are mostly on Leon's early chapters), and could use a bit more polish overall. I think RE4 is the better designed game, but RE6 has dat combat system.

iosefe

Rules for this Giveaway:

i swear it's Bad Rats

Rules for this Giveaway:

My bad rat sense is tingling

wilflare

You know, with how much money the service brings in you'd think Valve would put in the effort to hire a good support staff.

I don't care how tight-knit and awesome their company culture is. You can't be this big with this many issues and not have a good support staff. If I had this sort of payment issue with Amazon I'd already be in contact with a rep and actively solving it by now. With Steam, I'll be lucky to hear from them within the week. For an issue that pertains to a deal that ends in 14 hours. This is unacceptable.

Their customer service is pretty much their only negative point that sticks out really badly :/
(and how I hope there's a easier way to request client features from them)

who's gonna code #SteamShare now :/ (think #PS4Share)

What kind of game is it?

one of the best indie games this year
platformer (think megaman-esque)

Hugstable

Banned

Rules for this Giveaway:

Please be Bat Rats

Jawmuncher

As great as Steam is, it definitely still has a lot of issues.
Which as you said needs to be fixed. Especially in the support and customer interaction channels.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

Rules for this Giveaway:

rad bats

They never will. I don't know what Valve spends their money on, but it'd be more likely to be an entire fleet of Autoblow 2's flown and air-dropped to their offices rather than one support person who can respond with anything other than a pre-prepared response that more often than not does not address the issue presented.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hoping it's Bad Rats!

Edit: Damn, Themadman beat me to it

Jawmuncher

I do love RE6, but the game has shitty vehicle sections, horrible scripted enemies that won't react to gunshots has they should (these are mostly on Leon's early chapters), and could use a bit more polish overall. I think RE4 is the better designed game, but RE6 has dat combat system.

I really hope capcom with RE7 keeps the RE6 combat system.
It deserves a good campaign to go with it. RE6's backlash wouldn't have been so bad if that had been the case with 6.

marrec

Banned

RE4 is fine, much better than RE1-3 for sure, but there's not a lot there that isn't done better in RE5 and RE6... couch co-op is worth A LOT to me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for almostheathen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

BEATBLASTERS III -- MB-5336BF33AB6528D5

GUN METAL -- MB-5DC92DAC748D7703
dynamite jack -- MB-5109511ACB7FCFF6 - Taken by WoodWERD
beast boxing turbo -- MB-3D0234551A0B5110 - Taken by Ezalc
SANG-FROID TALES OF WEREWOLVES #2 -- MB-7601220D4186A1BF - Taken by Random Painted HIghway
SANG-FROID TALES OF WEREWOLVES -- MB-4DF272B03CF8BA69 - Taken by Beelzebubs
SpaceChem -- MB-250B27AAEACBAA82 - Taken by Striek
xheRJRF.gif
rush bros -- MB-EDBEF5F4F7EAA689
A-TRAIN 8 -- MB-D7847C54A6CB8BD9 - Taken by $h@d0w
Bundle extras i think they are all good still, if not blame sajjajaajajajajaa.

tylerf

halfway!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Ikaruga -- MB-4F65EB9DBC1BF05A - Taken by famfrit

t1404102917z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom