• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striek

Does anyone know if there is a way to check steam keys to see if they are used or not? I have a couple keys for some games where one is used and one isn't, but IDK which is which.

Tektonic

How do I get an immortal like NBNT to notice a peasant like myself?

like this?

tumblr_lywlu3cdVR1r4kfic.gif

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Have we figured out who nbnt is at least?

How do we know its an actual human being and not an AI?

Thezez

Banned
How do I get an immortal like NBNT to notice a peasant like myself?

Say NBNT three times in a mirror. The trick is, you must not say the letters, but the name behind the letters.

Didn't work for me, can't be pronouncing it right.

Evo X

NBNT rocks... I got 30+ hours in Dark Souls 2 already (thanks again!!)

That game was so hard at first, but man is it addictive once you get over the learning curve a bit. I still die when shit breathes on me, but it's hella fun :)

If it wasn't for him, I would have never bought the game because of how hard it looked.

EDIT : Proof is in the pic ;)

MUkhoqf.png

Haha, yep. I'm in a similar situation. Someone from SteamGAF gifted me Dark Souls 1 a few days ago, and I've already put 18 hours into it. It's hard as balls, but so satisfying and addicting to play.

Hearing about the difficulty always discouraged me from buying these games, but I'm having a blast once I got past the learning curve and figured out all the mechanics. Already bought Dark Souls 2 so I can jump right into it after finishing the first one. :D

Turfster

Giveaways seriously need their own thread.

Eh, this mostly happens during Steam Sale time.
It's fine here, imo.

I never sold anything on the market. how exactly does it work?

You click "sell" on an object in your inventory, then enter an amount that the buyer will have to pay, or the amount you want to get for it (on the left). The client will automatically recalculate the other amount whatever one you fill in, adjusting for Valve and the dev's cut.

You can also do "view in community market" first these days to get an overview of what people are currently selling at and what pricepoint people have set "buy" orders to get a better idea of what to sell your cards at.

Hugstable

Banned
Has anyone tried to buy anything with the M&M codes on Steam recently? Been trying to use mine to buy Bioshock right now, and it's not accepting it and telling me just to contact Steam support. I'm positive I didn't use this one yet as I got it at like 5 hours ago and just been playing Valiant Hearts since then. Weird.

Evo X

Has anyone tried to buy anything with the M&M codes on Steam recently? Been trying to use mine to buy Bioshock right now, and it's not accepting it and telling me just to contact Steam support. I'm positive I didn't use this one yet as I got it at like 5 hours ago and just been playing Valiant Hearts since then. Weird.

Apparently, the M&M thing got hacked and people were stealing the generated Mastercard codes. Yours might have been one of the ones they used.

GaussTek

Last day of the Steam Summer Sale...

I feel soooo nostalgic today, and not just because of this, but also because Mexico is out of the WC :(

But oh well, summer has just started, now I'm off to clear some of my backlog and wait for the next sale lol :D

Dambrosi

Banned
I got nine friend requests! It's gonna take ages to look at each profile individually to make sure that there's no hacke--*hammers Accept button*

Despite my initial budget of $30, I spent just over $100 and nabbed a metric shit ton of games. Topped off my purchases with Borderlands 2 GOTY because why the hell not. The towering monument of my backlog signifies my dismal self control.

Yeah, same thing with me. With pre-sale purchases, I'm at about $100 as well, but I have a ton of new games to play.

Another thread down - looking forward to getting back to a sense of normalcy in the monthly thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom