• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

demented

Big thanks to dot for State of Decay <3
ariana-grande-kiss.gif

iosefe

Has anyone tried to buy anything with the M&M codes on Steam recently? Been trying to use mine to buy Bioshock right now, and it's not accepting it and telling me just to contact Steam support. I'm positive I didn't use this one yet as I got it at like 5 hours ago and just been playing Valiant Hearts since then. Weird.

use Paypal as a middle man.

hover over profile to bring up the drop down menu, and hit manage cards, and add it as a credit/debit card.

Select paypal as payment method, and then select the Mastercard

Oh. Really? Was sleeping then.

Just wondering what happened in this thread. Some nice people give games away and seems everyone here wants to have their wishlisted item and trying to garner attention just to get some game...
It ended up being mostly random gifting last night. I don't know if people who were outright begging got anything.

Oh, uh... pls gib gaem or something.
not serious, so dun do

cicero

The begging started last night.

ugh. It really needs to stop. This is one great benefit to raffles, the outcome isn't determined by outside factors after it is submitted to Modbot. I hope this doesn't carry over into the main monthly threads.

Sofa King

Wee! Won Jason Frost's Crayon physics deluxe.. I will draw a contraption of eeeviiiill!

Don't know why, but your name and your comment made me go listen to They Might Be Giants "Dr. Evil" on YouTube. Hadn't even thought of that song in forever, and it's great, so thanks!

Eh, this mostly happens during Steam Sale time.
It's fine here, imo.

You click "sell" on an object in your inventory, then enter an amount that the buyer will have to pay, or the amount you want to get for it (on the left). The client will automatically recalculate the other amount whatever one you fill in, adjusting for Valve and the dev's cut.

You can also do "view in community market" first these days to get an overview of what people are currently selling at and what pricepoint people have set "buy" orders to get a better idea of what to sell your cards at.

thanks. also will a pop up happen if someone wants to buy my card?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
ugh. It really needs to stop. This is one great benefit to raffles, the outcome isn't determined by outside factors after it is submitted to Modbot. I hope this doesn't carry over into the main monthly threads.

In the few months I've been a regular of SteamGaf, no one really begs for games in the monthly threads. Tis the season, I suppose :p

thanks. also will a pop up happen if someone wants to buy my card?

You just get an email saying that the card was sold, and the money is put in your Steam wallet.

KingKong

I've been playing Resident Evil 4 and it's not impressing me that much. I've just gotten to level 3 so maybe it will get better, so far it's a decent action game but I don't see anything that accounts for the kind of praise it received.

Was it just the time it came out and the impact it had?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Don't know why, but your name and your comment made me go listen to They Might Be Giants "Dr. Evil" on YouTube. Hadn't even thought of that song in forever, and it's great, so thanks!

As long as I inspire one person a day, all is well.

marrec

Banned
I've been playing Resident Evil 4 and it's not impressing me that much. I've just gotten to level 3 so maybe it will get better, so far it's a decent action game but I don't see anything that accounts for the kind of praise it received.

Play RE 6 instead, it's better.

Hugstable

Banned
Apparently, the M&M thing got hacked and people were stealing the generated Mastercard codes. Yours might have been one of the ones they used.

Well that sucks, I just tried it out on Eshop to see if it would work on one of those 1.25$ SMTIV DLC and it didn't buy that either. Guessing it got used up blah. I'll give that phone number a call or something tmrw or just enter again lol.

Unicorn

Played a few hours of Sleeping Dogs today. So good. Only purchase of the sale at 38 cents. Ah, the poor life. Currently downloading the HD textures!

Hanzou

It's funny. It seems like people keep on posting giveaways with games I like minutes after I leave my computer and miss the giveaway or I come back into the thread and see a giveaway I am interested in ended a couple minutes ago. That reminds me a I have a giveaway I need to create.

Jawmuncher

The time it came out plays a big factor in it. There was nothing like it at the time and it influenced a lot of gaming as we know.

dot

You're welcome everyone. Enjoy the games! Hope everything went smoothly. First time doing raffles with steam gifts and not keys.

#ariana #hailhydra #gaben

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I'm 50/50 on State of Decay right now... is it a good port? I played a lot of the 360 version.. but lost track of it.. then came back way later and didn't get back into it.

Worth a 5?

Oublieux

It's possible, RE4 essentially defined the third person, over the shoulder perspective. It was really unique and fresh at the time and the survival horror aspect was really well done. I still consider it a really fun game to play though and believe it holds up, but I can see how some people might not have the same sentiments.

UncleBiz

I'm 50/50 on State of Decay right now... is it a good port? I played a lot of the 360 version.. but lost track of it.. then came back way later and didn't get back into it.

Worth a 5?

I've played 11 hours of it so far since it was a daily, I'd say it's definitely worth $5. I'll probably go back and play some more

Defyler

I picked up Metro Last Light complete. I haven't played any of the prior games. Is it worthwhile to pick up Metro 2033 while it's on sale to play before starting Last light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom