• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
i clicked on your link:
NLaGQTX.png

Everybody on the spooky ghost train

jholmes

I've been through 3 tours of duty in these sales and haven't caught the rats virus, and I've entered into numerous mystery game giveaways that tempted fate. I think my mom must have vaccinated me.

Real talk, is there any other games like Rogue Legacy on steam? How's spelunky stack up?

It's not a rogue-like at all but I'm going to recommend Shovel Knight, yet again, right here as even though a lot of the externals are very different, the Castlevania influence in both weapons and setting, and the tough platforming are there. They felt similar to me this weekend when I went from one to the other and back again.

Wookieomg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-EC034EEE69487D48 - Taken by Toki767. 9 entrants total.
The First Templar -- MB-B9A973665D011A9D - Taken by Atilac. 6 entrants total.
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-4BD9A25E8E091C5C - Taken by demented. 1 entrants total.

t1404100139z1.png

Hope this works! BTW anyone that wants to add me as a steam friend... Feel free!

www.steamcommunity.com/id/Wookieomg :)

Anustart

It's not a rogue-like at all but I'm going to recommend Shovel Knight, yet again, right here as even though a lot of the externals are very different, the Castlevania influence in both weapons and setting, and the tough platforming are there. They felt similar to me this weekend when I went from one to the other and back again.

Yeah, doesn't have to be Roguelike-litelike, just same style action is good for me!

Edit: First person to ask me on steam can have my summer card #2.

Shadownet

Banned

One Way Heroics if you don't have it already, 87 cents for a unique roguelike

Post a list of stuff you're interested in, but if I had to take a blind shot, Dragon Age: Origins? Great western RPG.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301740/

$3.99. How can you go wrong?

You can probably go wrong.

Several copies of Dinner Date.

obligatory Marlow Briggs

Thanks for the suggestions guys. already got Briggs and Dragon Age Origins.

I ended up spending it on something a little bit more useful :)

Mokoi

Banned
For all the butts who didn't get Assssbreed!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Astebreed -- MB-88C698EEA6FBCAB8 - Taken by Uzzy. 48 entrants total.

t1404100449z1.png

I gotta ask the important question now! What is everyone's most regrettable purchase, if any?

Audiosurf 2 is rough as hell. On medium settings, the blocks look like flat DOS pre-rendered sprites, and the game has two modes.

I figured, oh, it's been Early Access for a while, what could possibly go wrong.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so anime waifus aside, hows Asstebreed? legit shooter?

plot twist: I actually like anime

Articalys

This thread is totally going to hit 25000 posts before the sale ends in ~13 hours and the Steam thread reverts back to a normal one, isn't it.

dani_dc

I gotta ask the important question now! What is everyone's most regrettable purchase, if any?

None so far, though I haven't gotten around playing everything I got.
I've been able to restrain myself to mostly what I planned to buy with a few exceptions (ShadowRun Returns and CloudBuilt comes to mind).

Hopefully it will stay that way.

Wanted to get 100% Orange Juice, but it seems like a multiplayer game and I think I'd regret getting it for the current place seeing as I doubt I'd actually get around playing it until it's significantly cheaper.

I have to say that I'm enjoying LYNE more than I expected. I wouldn't really say it's one of the more interesting puzzle games I've played, but I find it relaxing, I think the presentation has a lot to do with my enjoyment out of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It is excellent OH MY GOD

kinda looks like what I wanted Strike Vector to be (aka not a MP shooter >_>)

Finally made the Primal Carnage Gaf Group.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/primalcarnagegaf

It's invite only but if you want to join just let me know. I really want to play some PC with GAF. If you're on my friends list and own the game i'm sending you an invite regardless.

thought you said Primal Rage for a second and got excited... now im sad :(

Shadownet

Banned
Holy...

bRdobG5.gif

This was like my one sale regret since I never made enough card money while it was on sale. :O

Infinite spam of thank yous wouldn't suffice, Shadownet. Just... wow.

Glad I picked something from your wishlist with what I had left in my wallet and it turned out to be something you really wanted :) have fun!

My regret was not getting Broforce. I know it's Early Access and I was on the fence about it, but about an hour left I tried the free version someone linked on here and I thought it was a lot of fun. So instead of getting in on sale for the $10 I was going to try and split it in a four pack with some friends. Of course by the time they all got my messages the sale was over. I'm sure it will come around again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom