• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
But... why?

51mhXjDfaKL._SY300_.jpg

personally as an inside joke. my best friends and I are still waiting for this to hit PC.

So I came inside earlier and checked my email... saw I had 1 unread message.
I thought to myself "oh, it's probably 'you sold an item on community market'..."
Then I look, and I find this:

sfaxvf.png

Not sure what I did to get on HohoXD123's good side, but it hit me in the feels.
I idled it for cards (c'mon, SteamGAF, you know how this works) and then I gave it a shot. Holy crap in a pita... if you like shmups, you may want to grab this before the store updates and the discounts are gone tomorrow (it's currently $10, normally $20).

Here's a webm to blow your mind.
Please remember, I'm new to the game so
i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

But with that said, watch this... NOW:
http://a.pomf.se/ckxese.webm

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Less than 2 hours to go. Don't miss this awesome indie game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Velocity Ultra -- MB-255908C67AE45DBB - Taken by Henry Swanson

t1404107129z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
I'm sorry if you're on my friends list and didn't get anything from me yet. it's not pay week, plus I just had to give some money away, plus steam sale, and I also have to save up for a trip to Cedar Point for my birthday. I will get to you guys soon :)

2491328-url.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doubtful. The temporary boost from visitors will dissipate when the sale ends and we'll probably see more Saoirse avatars again.

It probably seems like there are many people with Saoirse avatars, but the amount has only gone down. In the space of six or so months, about half a dozen people have switched to something else (or in the case of Classy, copped a perma-ban). From memory, now there's just me, PandaPedinte, drgambit and this guy who sticks to Off-Topic and seldom posts at all.

Edit: Ah, OldAsUrSock is still donning his moustached avatar, haha.

Ibuki

Banned
Astebreed looks so awesome! I think I'm going to hit the hay, I'll probably buy it before the sale updates. I'm sure we will have a new thread by then and I'll see you guys there.

Ventara

I'm sorry if you're on my friends list and didn't get anything from me yet. it's not pay week, plus I just had to give some money away, plus steam sale, and I also have to save up for a trip to Cedar Point for my birthday. I will get to you guys soon :)

2491328-url.jpg

Damn, apologizing for not giving free stuff to everyone? Are you next in line to be pope or something? You're already beyond awesome!

dani_dc

I watched through someone play through that on YouTube and wondered how in the world they justified the $10 price tag, yikes.

It's an interesting game in the sense that it explores how story telling works in gaming, and in that sense it might be worth the money for those interesting in such things, for everyone else I really wouldn't recommend paying over $5 or even $2.5 and even then I'd give a warning that the game might not be for them.

Man, bought a bunch of new stuff in the sale and I want is for Divinity Original Sin to unlock so I can start playing it. Hope everyone had a good sale this time around.

iosefe

Bonjour :)

i swear i'm not a mooch. i just want to add ALL the people

Okay, I played The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic and I've never had so much empathy for jello. Cute little game; throwaway puzzly thing.

Now I'm making room on the hard drive for Metal Gear Rising's 25 GB of greatness, and then I shall fall asleep to the sound of the bits roaring through the ethernet tubes.

My regret was not getting Broforce. I know it's Early Access and I was on the fence about it, but about an hour left I tried the free version someone linked on here and I thought it was a lot of fun. So instead of getting in on sale for the $10 I was going to try and split it in a four pack with some friends. Of course by the time they all got my messages the sale was over. I'm sure it will come around again.

Yeah same here, I saw it for 3 keys at one point but hesitated and lost!

There's always another sale, always another bundle and always another game to play!

Shadownet

Banned
It probably seems like there are many people with Saoirse avatars, but the amount has only gone down. In the space of six or so months, about half a dozen people have switched to something else (or in the case of Classy, copped a perma-ban). From memory, now there's just me, PandaPedinte, drgambit and this guy who sticks to Off-Topic and seldom posts at all.

Edit: Ah, OldAsUrSock is still donning his moustached avatar, haha.

I think it's time I come out of the closet officially. *reporting for duty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom