• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnor

Banned
I have some unused Humble Bundle keys, so what the hell. First time using modbot.
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-EDEBA8B9BD344D6D - Taken by LordK. 4 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-5A042DCF917476B4 - Taken by Bri. 10 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-3D1F89CD591DBA1F - Taken by Vodh. 10 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-F37D8CD852F0AFB8 - Taken by Clown_im_OP. 6 entrants total.

t1404122767z1.png

Caerith

I am wondering the same thing too, I also wonder why VPN doesn't seem to work anymore. Even when I log into my brothers account here it shows pounds and when he logs into mine from England it shows Euros.

I can buy games in pounds thanks to my phone store not changing so I kind of have the best of both worlds just Bethesda went so far with their Geo-locking stuff for some reason.

Is your usual payment method tied to a German address? Maybe they've flagged your account as German... and, if so, maybe you could make the case "no no, I'm English just living in Germany for the time being" and get Nazi-killing privileges back.

Good luck chaps

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ikaruga -- MB-7FAF2E091C29DA55 - Taken by Yakkue

Is your usual payment method tied to a German address? Maybe they've flagged your account as German... and, if so, maybe you could make the case "no no, I'm English just living in Germany for the time being" and get Nazi-killing privileges back.

Well I use Paypal as I have two, one for my German bank stuff and one for my English. I looked about for a way to change your region but there didn't seem to be anything that sounded like my situation. I will probably send off a ticket to Steam Support but well... we all know how they are...

ZeroCDR

Winding down, picked up my end of sale stragglers: Bionic Commando and PAC-MAN DX+!

Hope the community vote games that didn't make it (but should have) show up as midweek madness or something.

MTE

I feel at once both relieved that the sale is ending, and that my wallet can begin to heal, and distraught that my days of checking flash sales, voting, and trading cards for big bucks are drawing to a close...

My haul in the end was 24 games. I'm excited to dig in to Batman: Arkham Origins, Bioshock, and Tomb Raider especially.

Blue... forever?

LGom09

No entrants for these games in my last giveaway, so I'll just post the keys here. Let me know if you use one.

Eufloria: taken
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising: taken
Cogs: YY5VZ-43YKQ-L3RR6

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, so Family Sharing ignores regional restrictions? I wonder if there's a way to get around it without having an outside account.

The app id trick can be used to circumvent runtime-level regional restrictions, however it breaks Steamworks integration in the game you're actually playing since Steam doesn't consider you in-game in that particular app.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jason Frost:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cogs -- MB-14B2F8B07990967A - Taken by Darth Kupi
Little Inferno -- MB-B927EBC8EED4C87B - Taken by PoemOfTheLastMoment. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Cogs was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Little Inferno was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1404113491z1.png

LordK

No entrants for these games in my last giveaway, so I'll just post the keys here. Let me know if you use one.

Eufloria: R4IBC-F2WLV-D3E5J
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising: GKJT8-AB70M-9DJ9J

I got Eufforia. Thanks!

jblank83

Eufloria: R4IBC-F2WLV-D3E5J
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising: GKJT8-AB70M-9DJ9J

Red Alert 3 claimed. Thank you.

Arthea

And then the wait for the bundles begins again.

too true (><)
although, I find Indiegala Monday randomness to be more of entertainment than annoyance

actually... we had no new Blink bundle for too long!
totally

We're currently in the early stages of withdrawal. Though some of us know that a little under 3 months to go before Autumn/Halloween sales.

I'm trying not to remember that atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom