• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

stop ruining my avatar

9JrIyoS.png

HAHA SALE'S OVER YOU'RE NOT THE BEST MAN ANYMORE

GUYS

QUICK SUGGESTIONS FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS MOTHEREFFING THREAD SERIES

1) YOUR SALE LOOT
Most definitely there will be a proper thread for you to show how cool is your Steam library now. Please refrain posting your loot here, but do shamelessly there, along with your super fast internet speeds, your desktop wallpapers and the reason behind your nicknames.

2) THE FIRST PAGE OF THE NEXT THREAD
You'll eventually get to 5 posts to meet ModBot's NOLURKER rule, but it isn't really essential to get there in the very first page of the thread.
Now please, we don't need 400 posts of people greeting the new thread. Please, really.
A biweekly thread will be really hard to manage. :(

3) WHEN YOU WIN A GIVEAWAY
Would you (and I mean me too) please thank the giver via private message? Please? Pretty please?

Ok thanks for reading have fun, don't read the thread and drive.

sadly even if it's posted in the op, no one will ever read it

there was still people asking if they should buy x game despite it not being a daily/flash/community deal (not on the final encore day)

Vuze

steam wat
I just wanted to send out my gifts via mail to give them away through ModBot and now this?

702f6a4bc6.png

I haven't done anything bad, Gabe pls :(

Ventara

Not a bad sale overall. I played a bit of Long Live the Queen that I picked up. It's a good game (mot as great as some gaffers might make it out to be. But if you've seen some gameplay videos and are interested, it's a worthy purchase. At least, it was for me.

The rest of the games I picked up will probably never be played and just sit in my backlog, but hey, STEAM POKEMON!

Can't sell cards anymore.
You'll just have to buy them and craft the badge...

steam wat
I just wanted to send out my gifts via mail to give them away through ModBot and now this?

702f6a4bc6.png

I haven't done anything bad, Gabe pls :(
Did you pay with your wallet? I got that for Toki Tori 2+ (paid with wallet) but not castle crashers DLC for some reason.

The rest of my haul is all gifted to inventory without that restriction.

Maybe it is where I did the purchases that matters rather than what.

Vuze

Steam gets confused around daily rollover time.
Try again later.

I see phew. Kinda panicked

You'll just have to buy them and craft the badge...

Did you pay with your wallet? I got that for Toki Tori 2+ (paid with wallet) but not castle crashers DLC for some reason.

The rest of my haul is all gifted to inventory without that restriction.

Maybe it is where I did the purchases that matters rather than what.

Yes, I did pay with steam wallet indeed.

Turfster

I see phew. Kinda panicked

It might still be something else, but I often get a "hey, you're not logged in" or "this item is no longer in your inventory" message when I try to do anything in my inventory around this time... from inside the client.

Just wait, and hopefully it'll fix itself.

Dambrosi

Banned
Somehow, just under £4 appeared in my PayPal as if by magic, so while Astebreed was still out of the question, I could at least close out the sale with Blood Dragon, which I've been waiting for a deal on for ages. Love me some 80's cheese.

So, my final haul...is available for those who want to quote my post. I'm not going to spam up the thread with a useless post in its dying moments, I'm not that cruel.

Goodbye, Steam Summer Sale. You were...something. My avatar shall remind me of our glorious Red victory, but I won't remember much else about ya. You were...forgettable.

here's my final haul, for those interested:
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (gift)
Roogoo
Splice (MB)
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition (MB)
SteamWorld Dig
LYNE (gift)
Delver
Dinner Date (gift)
Bad Rats (...gift)
Tidalis (gift)
Grimind (MB)
Ludwig (IndieGala)
Kill Fun Yeah (IndieGala)
Arcane Worlds (MB)
SOL: Exodus (MB)
Betrayer
Unepic
Defy Gravity (pre-sale, same price as sale)
Marlow Briggs (pre-sale, same price as sale)

Total spent this sale: $43.98 (actually £21.72, though I severely doubt that - at least that's what Steam says, but I think they're wrong)

Anteater

Rockstar Social Club.

Rockstar Social Club.

Rockstar Social. Though once that activates its pretty unobtrusive.

rockstar social club guranteed

whether or not they have securom/gameshield etc which they've used in their more recent titles is anyone's guess

Every DD store that isn't GamersGate has been selling Steam keys for R* games for at least a year now. I strongly doubt that R* is still using GameShield in 2014.

oh I didn't know about the gameshield thing, the other R* games on gmg have the steam logo, so I thought this is new

rtcn63

Rockstar will also likely force Uplay just be-fucking-cause. Doesn't use it. Not an Ubi game. Don't care, fuck you PC gamers. Saves get deleted on the console versions, so we gotta have parity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom