• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should've just complained about your Team's performance :)

I didn't realize you could join a team by just clicking a button because I'm a tard who's preoccupied with too much other stuff. I didn't join a team until I crafted the badge on the final day. I was in team red though, added 30 games to my wishlist in a hurry and didn't get picked, which felt sort of like losing the lottery.

dorxan

Neo Member
I've got to say, I'm actually amazed by all the gifts/giveaways of the last few days.

I mean, I already knew that you guys were a generous bunch, but holy shit if this thread wasn't on a whole new level. :O

zma1013

"Sale over"

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

Wait are the servers open constantly now? I couldn't really try the Alpha before since the schedule greatly conflicted with mine :/

And yeah I agree the regular store page needs a overhaul D:

They are constantly open for a limited time since yesterday. Don't know when they will go back to the usual schedule.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
A Momodora game is coming to Steam in a few days. Wow, it's been a while since I've seen that name.

I recommend checking it out if you like Cave Story, if the new one is anything like the first two games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also, I was really hoping my paycheck would drop before the sale was over, but it didn't happen. Ah well, my paycheck should arrive in a few hours, and then I'll have money for other things.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would argue the Halloween Sale is pretty big. But I may be biased as its mostly horror games that go on sale. But hundreds of games go on sale, and I found many games were discounted cheaper at the Halloween Sale than they were at the Winter or Autumn Sale last year.

I never mention the Halloween Sale in the same breath as the other since it's themed. As you say yourself, the scope, while larger than what Steam generally offers, is significantly smaller than any of the three seasonal sales -- people chomping at the bit for an Ikaruga sale won't find it come Halloween, for example.

I never mention the Halloween Sale in the same breath as the other since it's themed. As you say yourself, the scope, while larger than what Steam generally offers, is significantly smaller than any of the three seasonal sales -- people chomping at the bit for an Ikaruga sale won't find it come Halloween, for example.

I'm still sad I didn't buy SAW last halloween sale since konami promptly pulled it again, during the sale in fact if I remember correctly. So if they do that again this sale I'm chomping at the bit. I shouldn't be because I'm too broke to play this collecting game, but a man has his desires I guess :(

Dusk Golem

I'm still sad I didn't buy SAW last halloween sale since konami promptly pulled it again, during the sale in fact if I remember correctly. So if they do that again this sale I'm chomping at the bit. I shouldn't be because I'm too broke to play this collecting game, but a man has his desires I guess :(

It's still on the Steam Store for me. However, I noticed it didn't go on discount the last few sales.

Enco

Person who won Dishonored already had it so here it is again:

The nuking thing didn't work by the looks of it but if you win, just send me a PM and I'll sort it out.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Enco:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored -- MB-86BFF24323A1581E - Taken by Shalashaska. 28 entrants total.

t1404150769z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Saw is still available. What happened is that the US sub quickly ran out of keys, but instead of restocking it, Konami instead repurposed the UK sub for the US and completely forgot about the actual US sub.

Dusk Golem

I guess my last post in this topic will be my favorite post I made this sale.

As we draw to a close on this Summer Sale, I have to salute my fellow games. Hope you all got what you came in for!

See you next year:

HM10BgM.jpg

MarysLetter.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

In my restless dreams,
I see that sale;

Steam Summer Sale 2015

You promised me you'd give me
the games I want again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm shopping there now...
In our 'daily deals'...
Waiting for them...

Waiting for them to
go 75% off for me.

But they never do.

And so I wait, wrapped in my
waning wallet of games I'll never play and trading card badges.

I know I've done a terrible
thing to my wallet. Something it'll
never forgive me for.

I wish I could change,
but I can't.

I feel so pathetic and ugly
laying here, waiting for the sales...

Every day I stare up at the cracks
in the ceiling and all I can think
about is how much I can spend...

GAF came today.
They told me I could go
and not buy games for a day.

It’s not that I'm getting better.
It’s just that this may be
my last chance...

I think you know what I mean...

Even so, I'm glad to be here
I've missed these sales terribly.

But I'm afraid, GAF.
I'm afraid you don't really
want me to stop buying games.

Whenever you come see me,
they don't stop providing the discounts...

I don't know if you
hate me or pity me...
Or maybe I just disgust you...

I'm sorry about that.

When I first learned that
I was going to spend too much money, I just
didn't want to accept it.

I was so sure I wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars at a sale,
never give my money all away to such a bearded man.
Especially Gaben, GAF.

That's why I understand
if you do hate me.

But I want you to
know this, GAF.

I'll always love you.

Even though our life on Steam together had
to come to sale like this, I still wouldn't
trade it for the world. We had
some wonderful Steam Friend years together.

Well, this post has gone on
too long, so I'll say goodbye.

I told Origin to give
this to you after I'm gone.

That means that as you read
this, I'm already out of money.

I can't tell you to remember me,
but I can't bear for you to
forget my added funds.

These last few years since I
became addicted... I'm so sorry for
what I did to my wallet, did to us...

You've given me so much and
I haven't been able to return
a single worthwhile modbot giveaway.

That's why I want you to purchase
for yourself now.
Do what's best for you, GAF.

GAF...

You are very generous...

----

You were playing games the whole weekend. I saw it!

Shhh, I'm an exception.

LEZGOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIVEAWAY BABY!! Really fun game!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Terraria -- MB-08701C23C96635DD - Taken by yGray. 15 entrants total.

t1404150825z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom