• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
If you are still trying to do greenlight bundles given the rate Valve are currently letting things on steam, you are scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel.

The Sun at Night is, at the very least, a game you can play and complete.

It's pretty fun too, but nothing amazing.

Tizoc

So can we talk about like games we want to see on Steam?
Bayonetta 2. Can it be released without the Nintendo stuff in it like costumes?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I couldn't tell you my brother's birthday but I can tell you that the first ever Daily Deal was Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. ;)

And the first Midweek Deals?

Time is running...
*Jeopardy thinking music starts playing*

Scrum

Just realised that I sent 19 messages to ModBot.
I won 2 games (thanks DSix & Xeroblade).
But next sale I think I must give away stuff myself...

Using the PayPal work around get me past the unexpected error. Should be able to add funds to wallet through PayPal middleman of candy cash. I feel like a Swiss banker.

Today, i won $6 from M&Ms, had it transferred to my paypal account, bought some tf2 keys with the money, then got Broken Age for 3 keys, which meant that I had to cover the difference with money won from selling a card or two.

It was pretty fun.

this will never happen. Buy a Wii U if you want to play bayonetta 2.

Bayonetta 1 port is the game with the Nintendo costumes btw.

Chariot

If I play far enough into Bad Rats is there a mode where the cats get their revenge?

If not, I smell a sequel.
I just went to the website of the developers:
June 2014. We have a lot of news to tell, and we'll do it. But first, this site will receive major updates soon. Stay tunned.
Meanwhile we are celebrating the 5th Anniversary of Bad Rats, and also, the approval on Microsoft ID@XBOX developers program.
Bad Rats 2, Xbox One exclusive?????

Just played 1 round of Pac Man Championship Edition and holy smokes that was intense. I played pac man before but it was never that good! really glad I bought it like 10 minutes before the sale ended

gngf123

No, it cannot. Nintendo funded and own the game. Buy a WiiU if you want to play it, since that's the only place it will ever be.

Take your port begging somewhere else.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Alright, thank you Jase.

Can't they region-lock The Witcher 3 if I buy it off TF2outpost now guys?

CDPR could disable cross-region gifting/trading, however this would only affect unused or new gift copies (specifically those sourced from South America, South-east Asia or Eastern Europe). A runtime-level restriction isn't really an option with TW3 since Russia is lumped in with the ROW sub rather than the European sub.

tmarg

Do you have to text it three times or just once? That thread is confusing.

Do they notify you even if you lose?

You text once to enter, once to verify your birthdate (to determine eligibility), and again to give them your email address where you will receive your prize.

They text you back to tell you if you won or lost.

yes and yes.

Text movie to 78787
reply with bdate
reply with email
cross your fingers.

streaming movie option
After texting movie to 78787, do you get a text back from them to reply to? I've received nothing. Or do you just text your bdate to the same number and then email before receiving any kind of reply?

iosefe

I don't think you can add them anymore either way. Atleast they stopped working for me.

pay pal middle man.

make a paypal account. go to profile, /edit/manage cards. there will be an option to at the Candy Cash Card.

go to steam, paypal option, select the new mastercard

delete master card when done

Regarding the Groupees bundle, qrth-phyl and The Sun At Night are both worth getting. Fun games. I've only played the Radium demo, but I enjoyed it. Simple, but a cool precision "platfomer"

Don't know about the others

Shadownet

Banned
I really wanna get Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight for PC. But I'm not sure if my computer can run it on high setting or not. Is there any way I can find out?

gngf123

Chill brah, we port beg here all the time.

It's just that Bayonetta 2 port begging is kind of ridiculous. You might as well ask for a Steam version of the new Zelda.

Not to mention the sheer volume of ridiculous port begging that game gets elsewhere on this site, even though Nintendo are the only reason why that game exists to begin with (Sega cancelled it, nobody else wanted it). You would have thought people would've learnt by now.

Enco

I really wanna get Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight for PC. But I'm not sure if my computer can run it on high setting or not. Is there any way I can find out?
If you have to ask, the answer is probably no.

Just google for the recommended system requirements. Not sure if they're out or not. If you're over that, you should be ok.

TF2 Outpost and Steam Trades are the two most popular sites. As for it being safe, well, you have to be careful of region-locking and wary of scammers. It's best advised to pay with TF2 keys purchased from the market when dipping your toes into trading as if you are scammed you can ask Valve to reverse the trade -- obviously Valve can't help you if you "pay" with something outside of Steam itself.

How does one aquire "keys"? Only by playing tf2?

dot

Ok, no more gift screencaps from me since people are probably annoyed lol, but another thank you to nbnt for 1000 Spikes.

His generosity still goes on even after the summer seal?!

#nbnttehgawd

Ibuki

Banned
Ok, no more gift screencaps from me since people are probably annoyed lol, but another thank you to nbnt for 1000 Spikes.

His generosity still goes on even after the summer seal?!

#nbnttehgawd

Enjoy that game is really hard but super awesome. Reminds me of NES games.

I think im going to try and play Witcher 2 before i jump in. I didn't care too much for the first Witcher game and, unless the Witcher 2 can wash the bad taste out of my mouth, I don't see an immediate reason to want it.

Well, i guess i could get it to see it crush my rig, maybe.

I'm doing the same right now. I find the combat a bit easier to understand in W2 and with the balance mod, the game feels a whole lot more polished.

I do miss the cards from witcher 1 though...

TF2 Outpost and Steam Trades are the two most popular sites. As for it being safe, well, you have to be careful of region-locking and wary of scammers. It's best advised to pay with TF2 keys purchased from the market when dipping your toes into trading as if you are scammed you can ask Valve to reverse the trade -- obviously Valve can't help you if you "pay" with something outside of Steam itself.

Yup completely agree. Unless you find someone (GAFfer) you are comfortable paypaling, I would try and use keys instead. With keys, you do both sides of the transaction at the same time. Paypal is going to require to send money to someone and then have them gift you the game.

A whole hell of a lot easier to get screwed.

CDPR could disable cross-region gifting/trading, however this would only affect unused or new gift copies (specifically those sourced from South America, South-east Asia or Eastern Europe). A runtime-level restriction isn't really an option with TW3 since Russia is lumped in with the ROW sub rather than the European sub.

Witcher 3 for $20 is crazy!

Tizoc

It's just that Bayonetta 2 port begging is kind of ridiculous. You might as well ask for a Steam version of the new Zelda.

Not to mention the sheer volume of ridiculous port begging that game gets elsewhere on this site, even though Nintendo are the only reason why that game exists to begin with (Sega cancelled it, nobody else wanted it). You would have thought people would've learnt by now.

Which kinda begs the question of why Sony nor MS approached SEGA for Bayo 2 on their next gen systems.
I mean heck Sony announced Grim Fandango HD...out of effin' nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom