• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

You know how confident I am that Ikaruga won't win this vote??

TWENTY COPIES.

I'll give away TWENTY COPIES of Ikarugagaga if it wins.

BRING IT, VOTERS

This GAFfer, this amazing, kind GAFfer.

qaV7cRd.gif

These modbot giveaways are rigged, I never win.
Putitoutofmotion.gif

I voted for the addictive multiplayer flash sale, already own the 2 games I want from the other one

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Talking about Daily's: Please let there be Double Dragon Neon.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
You know how confident I am that Ikaruga won't win this vote??

TWENTY COPIES.

I'll give away TWENTY COPIES of Ikarugagaga if it wins.

BRING IT, VOTERS

god daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

How are the Deponia games? Want to jump in on some point and click games, but nothing has really piqued my interest. I like the art style, but the main characters seems annoying, at least from the trailer.

the point of the games is that the main character is kind of an irredeemable shit, once you realize he's being played out as the least-heroic of any person on the planet and everything he does is selfish it paints the journey in a bit of a different light

still kinda cringed every now and then though

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
blah was hoping for SOMETHING from this.. but the only unpurchased game on that steam link is the Crimes and Punishment pre-order :\

always wondered how that would work. Do they emulate the wiimote with the mouse?

just grab a compatible bluetooth dongle for like $10 and use a real Wiimote :p
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/configuring-controllers/#Real_Wiimote

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Humble Bundle Weekly: Frogwares coming soon.
Yes, I'll take ALL the Sherlock Holmes.

I have Testament of Sherlock and Magrunner, but I'd like to add the other Sherlock games to my ludicrous adventure game collection.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's awesome - buy it!

Great graphics, amazing atmosphere, good combat mechanics, good story. It improves on Metro 2033 a lot. Highly recommend it if you like FPS, and your computer can handle it.

That's pretty much my problem. I despise them, get suckered in to buying the FPS that looks different enough to be interesting, and then play an hour at most before remembering I hate FPS games.

I enjoyed it. Protagonist is a somewhat likeable asshole and there's a decent bit of comedy.

Downside is a couple of the puzzles are fucking ridiculous.

I stopped playing Secret Files:Tunguska out of protest because of one ridiculous puzzle that, whilst not particular difficult, just pissed me off in its convoluted, shitty, adventure game logic. I remember it vaguely, but I'm sure I had to glue something to a rat. Still, Deponia is cheap and I want some point and click games, so I'll look past that downside.

What?
You can rebuild the combos to be whatever you want them to be, at any point during gameplay.

You can exchange an 'x' move with another 'x' move, and a 'y' move with another 'y', but you cannot actually dictate the course of combo's.

So you'll basically just set up the first as a health combo, the second as a breaker combo, and the third (x,x,x I think) as damage combo. And of course you only have four combo slots to begin with.

The animations were probably the reason they did it, but there really should have been some type of 'major unlock' halfway through the game or something. Like, I don't know, the character suddenly remembered some martial arts classes or something. Either way, it felt limited and repetitive after a while, since you couldn't optimize or expand further than what the game allowed. You want players to be able to increase in skill nearly indefinitely for a game to stay fun for people regardless of skilllevel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom