• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
if we only bought what we had time to play, 90% of the developers we're buying from would be out of business :p
It's so true. You don't know which ones you're gonna let go and never actually play, but it is bound to happen. There is some sense of supporting the PC gaming market itself in it. And if you think paying money to support the market on the whole is a bad thing, you obviously haven't been paying attention to it the last few years. For instance, I'll be playing Shovel Knight today. Does anyone really think that game would have happened if it weren't for the PC indie renascence? No way in hell.

Don't say I don't love you SteamGAF :) Cause I do. If you wanna add me on Steam then please do. I can always use more friends on there. ShadownetX.

Enjoy the games guys and good luck! (I love to hear who get which game, thanks on here or PM would be very much appreciated!)

Post a link to your profile, because I can't find it.

Miker

No way in hell Ikaruga's winning (boo hiss).

I've played some Splinter Cell Blacklist after buying it the other day, and it's not bad so far. I've only played the first mission, which I think is the one shown off at E3, and it's pretty linear, but still fun to play because of the wide variety of gadgets and, y'know, being Sam Fisher in a sneaking suit again. I hope the mission design opens up a bit more later, but even if it didn't, it seems to be a fun enough stealth/action hybrid.

I don't think it can touch Chaos Theory, though. Chaos Theory felt so much more interactive - the tiny little menu to do this or that - and Blacklist seems to lack those neat context-sensitive actions. I think I miss the ridiculously complex door-opening mechanics of Chaos Theory the most :(

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm going back and forth on Metro Last Light. I still haven't finished the first game, and there's a remake for both coming soon, but if I buy Last Light I'll save twice as much on the remake as I paid, but then I will have like 4 games in my backlog and I may never play two of them and I hate Steam.

What else can Treasure bring to steam besides Radiant Silvergun?

Hmm..wait... I'm totally down for Radiant Silvergun.

Yes. I want Radiant Silvergun.
I think Bangai-O would also be possible.

And future games developed by Treasure as well that aren't locked into exclusive platforms.

I don't really care all that much as I have other systems but it doesn't go on sale I'll certainly buy it.

Although of course having all the 360 ports/remasters moved to newer systems would be nice. Be it the PC or the One.

Good to know you're not a lost cause.
And yes, having them on PC would be good. Screw the One... that does me no good -- and there's no guarantee that it will run after MS moves to the next generation with Xbox Omega.

I'm going back and forth on Metro Last Light. I still haven't finished the first game, and there's a remake for both coming soon, but if I buy Last Light I'll save twice as much on the remake as I paid, but then I will have like 4 games in my backlog and I may never play two of them and I hate Steam.

At this point, I will never play the originals. I'm waiting for Redux and then I will start with Metro 2033 and go forward.

I don't know why some people keep accusing me of writing poetry, but be your way
short version:
We spent a lot on gmg, gamersgate, amazon, gog and steam already, we need more games while spending very little money, that we sill have left for food and drinks.
Happy?
damn, it's not short too... (._.)
I give up

Ikaruga waits
Two to choose from in the vote
Dark Souls on the left

Ikaruga haiku... c'mon GAF let's get on this

Man, Kerbal Space Program and Space Engineers look so up my alley, but they are way over my single-game budget.

When is the next Steam Sale?

Jadax

It's awesome - buy it!

Great graphics, amazing atmosphere, good combat mechanics, good story. It improves on Metro 2033 a lot. Highly recommend it if you like FPS, and your computer can handle it.

Turfster

The next Humble weekly will be a Frogwares bundle.
No, I have no idea who they are or what they made either.
Oh, hm, the Magrunner and Sherlock Holmes games guys.

Speevy

Banned
Ikaruga is a great game that wins itself which kind of hurts its placement in the best games of all time, unless of course the Steam version is different from the GCN one.

nexen

Bangai-O, Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, Sin & Punishment
Guardian Heroes and Mischief Makers..

Down for Sin & Punishment.
Unfamiliar with Dynamite Headdy, Guardian Heroes, and Mischief Makers.

Gunstar Heroes is already on Steam, isn't it? ...checking...

yup:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/71117/

Bangai-O...eh. Not my cup of tea. Own it on DS and didn't get that into it.

Yes. I want Radiant Silvergun.
I think Bangai-O would also be possible.

And future games developed by Treasure as well that aren't locked into exclusive platforms.
I didn't know that they were still together.

Good to know you're not a lost cause.
And yes, having them on PC would be good. Screw the One... that does me no good -- and there's no guarantee that it will run after MS moves to the next generation with Xbox Omega.

I'd say it's pretty likely given they moved to the standard PC architecture but we shall see. Just mentioned the One because most of Treasures remakes were 360 exclusives. Imagine Microsoft will want to continue that as they have started courting other developers who worked on Japanese 360 games for the One.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Man, Kerbal Space Program and Space Engineers look so up my alley, but they are way over my single-game budget.

When is the next Steam Sale?
Who say's there's going to be another Steamsale?
Next big one will probably be the Wintersale. November-December?

gngf123

Ikaruga is a great game that wins itself which kind of hurts its placement in the best games of all time, unless of course the Steam version is different from the GCN one.

...Wins itself?

I assume you are talking about the continues system the GC version had? Because that's gone.

Ikaruga waits
Two to choose from in the vote
Dark Souls on the left

Wicked nice!

Eh, shoot em ups are extremely boring imo, one of the few genres I don't play.

Hahaha, this can clearly be seen by the reference to the genre as "shoot em ups", I think. The only way it could be more evident is if you called them "shoot them ups". :D

XBLA, Dreamcast and Gamecube. I know, I'm a monster.

You... you read my mind.
How did you do that?!

The_Monk

Sherlock Holmes games? They must be getting ready for the next Sherlock game.

EDIT: Ah, too late! :)

anyone wanna trade blood dragon for my copy of frozen synapse? cmon guys, someone be cool and do it.
Hahaha, this can clearly be seen by the reference to the genre as "shoot em ups", I think. The only way it could be more evident is if you called them "shoot them ups". :D

bah or bullet hell, whatever its called, you know what I meant :p

Dambrosi

Banned
I know Final Slam is garbage, but what's wrong with Injustice?
Eh, I don't rate it. For instance, i think the wager system sucks, the modelling of the fighters is all off, and it's too similar to MK, which I've never been a fan of (Capcom and SNK fightans for days, y'all). It's mostly a personal thing, I admit.

Oh yeah, Divekick - have you tried that one?

Miker

Nah, people love indies. And DS just had a sale, anybody who wants it probably already has it.

It's not Dark Souls I'm worried about, it's Battlefront. It hasn't been discounted in this sale thus far (as a daily/flash), and people love that shit. I think it even ran out of keys last time it was on sale.

EDIT: Apparently Battlefront has been on sale before.

JakeD

finally got around to ordering all the bundlestars bundles...extras!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Party of Sin -- MB-13867791359C92B5 - Taken by gorfyako
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-6C8037FE21A46D07 - Taken by ricochetguro
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-4A80ED236BA987A3 - Taken by Dambrosi
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-5D9C530AE8229113 - Taken by AlexMeloche
Little Racers STREET -- MB-41C7E0C80FAFC413 - Taken by thecharrr
AmpuTea -- MB-B8B0EB5736E78280 - Taken by Vlad
Cube and Star An Arbitrary Love -- MB-970349016220EAEB - Taken by dinopoke
Wizardry 6 and 7 -- MB-4553A15B2454F9E9 - Taken by Mengy
Humanity Asset -- MB-EEFCF62542EF9E10 - Taken by Seraphis Cain
Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi -- MB-93D49A2756C70944 - Taken by -MD-
Grimind -- MB-771158D545AC49D6 - Taken by Japle
Wizardry 8 -- MB-B5F81F25B6C5B593 - Taken by nexen
Gun Metal -- MB-88825F2CD8B0AC05 - Taken by 28 Posts Later
Realms of Arkania 1 Blade of Destiny Classic -- MB-F93DDECC04E7E50B - Taken by Kuroyume

Sacraboar -- MB-E80719FA87E02B04
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-A168CD75EF18350B - Taken by Capt.Haddock
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-D9AC34CDFFBCC317 - Taken by ichtyander
Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising -- MB-44961A894FF0ADA2 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Jack Lumber -- MB-D81EF65A1FCEA90B - Taken by alr1ght
Realms of Arkania 2 Star Trail Classic- -- MB-EDA8F4F441E7BC64
Not The Robots -- MB-CC871F46F2448E0E - Taken by Darth Kupi
Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare -- MB-40EE5F04DB47AD7E - Taken by drakaenae
Survivor Squad -- MB-ED29B555A115DA47 - Taken by Sub Zero
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-9774B94164D66381 - Taken by Jadax
Realms of Arkania 3 Shadows Over Riva Classic -- MB-86D610178FB38959 - Taken by Zeliard
System Shock 2 -- MB-6A2432F8225409DB - Taken by Henry Swanson
Soulbringer -- MB-FBF5122DEA8A7E55 - Taken by user237

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Isn't Remember Me highly regarded on here?
It is, but who the hell knows why. The art is nice, but the game itself bored me to tears. I stopped playing a while after the first boss. I stopped caring the moment they paused the game mid-combo to make me go through a tutorial. I had been playing the game for close to 5 hours at that point.
Is Divekick? Unsure.

Divekick is up, but I don't think anyone is playing it.

It's fun, though. Good for playing with an SO who isn't into games, but interesting enough for people who actually play fighting games to get something out of it.

Rhaknar-senpai will be pleased. He wanted a sale on Magrunner after it was free on GOG.

Speaking of free on GOG, I'm guessing that Banished thing never happened?

Turfster

It's not Dark Souls I'm worried about, it's Battlefront. It hasn't been discounted in this sale thus far (as a daily/flash),

Except it has.
Rhaknar-senpai will be pleased. He wanted a sale on Magrunner after it was free on GOG.

Speaking of free on GOG, I'm guessing that Banished thing never happened?

Of course not.
It was Omerta, Torchlight, Still Life 2 and Alan Wake American Nightmare.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Yeah. Well, they announced they'd put up almost all of their games for PWYW.
We'll see in about 2 hours I guess.

That's awesome. I have physical copies for almost all their games but I've been looking to get them on Steam. Hope the BTA is not ridiculous

finally got around to ordering all the bundlestars bundles...extras!

Thanks for Survivor Squad. I love these gory top down shooters

JuGQxXj.jpg

#YOLO, Ikaruga not winning the vote. Money is in my mouth.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

A Bundle with lots of Sherlock games would be most welcome! I knew it was a good decision to forget hold off on buying The Testament of Sherlock Holmes when it went on a Flash Sale.

tav7623

I also got Remember Me through PS+ and ended up beating the game. Overall I felt it was a...forgettable...experience as it wasn't (too) bad, but it wasn't (that) good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom