• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Man, i'm like 50 pages behind. You people post too much when i'm asleep!

and omg King of Fighters! I'm gonna laugh if Ikaruga loses the community vote. >.>

Cheddahz

Banned
JuGQxXj.jpg

#YOLO, Ikaruga not winning the vote. Money is in my mouth.

It probably is going to win the vote, because it's with a bunch of indies people like

How are the Deponia games? Want to jump in on some point and click games, but nothing has really piqued my interest. I like the art style, but the main characters seems annoying, at least from the trailer.

Mono

I also got Remember Me through PS+ and ended up beating the game. Overall I felt it was a...forgettable...experience as it wasn't (too) bad, but it wasn't (that) good either.

Same for me. It was okay, but nothing special. I wouldn't reccomend it unless you really need something to play. It will probably end up in your backlog.

Lomax

The next Humble weekly will be a Frogwares bundle.
No, I have no idea who they are or what they made either.
Oh, hm, the Magrunner and Sherlock Holmes games guys.

They just gave away Magrunner on GoG, seems likely to bundled. They've also bundled the Sherlock Holmes games before on other sites.

gngf123

How are the Deponia games? Want to jump in on some point and click games, but nothing has really piqued my interest. I like the art style, but the main characters seems annoying, at least from the trailer.

I enjoyed it. Protagonist is a somewhat likeable asshole and there's a decent bit of comedy.

Downside is a couple of the puzzles are fucking ridiculous.

Jadax

Great! High recommend them.

Very chill, nice story, funny and weirdly feel like the whole world is very immersive (for a pont-and-click game).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Down for Sin & Punishment.
Sin & Punishment is owned by Nintendo. The first game is on Wii Virtual Console (though currently not Wii U VC). The second game was a Wii game and can be currently picked up for dirt cheap ($14 on Amazon). I'd pick it up sooner rather than later though as many acclaimed Wii titles have already started to jump in value.

Deponia games are exceptional quality. Also I've just started going through the Blackwell games which are excellent quality as well. Make sure to check out GoG as they'ev been throwing up tons of Daedelic and Wadjet Eye games all week on flash sales as well.

nexen

c'monnnnn Ikaruga!

Sin & Punishment is owned by Nintendo. The first game is on Wii Virtual Console (though currently not Wii U VC). The second game was a Wii game and can be currently picked up for dirt cheap ($14 on Amazon). I'd pick it up sooner rather than later though as many acclaimed Wii titles have already started to jump in value.

I already own S&P2 on Wii. Great game. I'd love to own it on PC though because Wii.

You're going to put down Injustice and then recommend this crap?

<3 Grimmy.

I'm no fan of Injustice... it mostly makes me want to go play MK9 instead.
But Divekick is leaps and bounds above whatever burning tire-filled dumpster fire Divekick crawled out of.

Divekick is up, but I don't think anyone is playing it.

It's fun, though. Good for playing with an SO who isn't into games, but interesting enough for people who actually play fighting games to get something out of it.

I love fighting games.
I don't get anything out of divekick and I don't consider it a fighter.

Lazulic

It's not Dark Souls I'm worried about, it's Battlefront. It hasn't been discounted in this sale thus far (as a daily/flash), and people love that shit. I think it even ran out of keys last time it was on sale.

EDIT: Apparently Battlefront has been on sale before.

I wasn't even aware people cared past nostalgia. I mean, I love it too, but I assumed it was dead as a game.

Turfster

I couldn't stand the whiny asshole you're controlling for more than half an hour, and the puzzle design was assinine, so yeah...

Mono

All I've heard is that the games are super sexist and that the characters are annoying, but maybe I hang around too many SJWs? The art style looks nice; I'm wondering if they're any good as well.

Remember Me is best summarized as good art, but a bad game.

They should have expended the combo system a lot more, even if it allowed for game breaking. But limiting players to 'set' combos was taking a potentially great idea and then removing its potential. :(

Anteater

I've only played the first game, it's pretty light hearted and yea the main character is supposed to be a dick, I liked it enough and find the humor ok, but there are people who didn't like that kind of humor.

nexen

I couldn't stand the whiny asshole you're controlling for more than half an hour, so yeah...

The main character is an asshole, yeah. I can see why that turns off a lot of people.
If you can get past that though Deponia is one of the better P&C games to come out recently. Great art, decent puzzles.

Don't say I don't love you SteamGAF :) Cause I do. If you wanna add me on Steam then please do. I can always use more friends on there. ShadownetX.

Enjoy the games guys and good luck! (I love to hear who get which game, thanks on here or PM would be very much appreciated!)

Thanks a lot for Harvester! The only game from the bundlestars i didn't own and was interested in.

Turfster

They should have expended the combo system a lot more, even if it allowed for game breaking. But limiting players to 'set' combos was taking a potentially great idea and then removing its potential. :(

What?
You can rebuild the combos to be whatever you want them to be, at any point during gameplay.

Dambrosi

Banned
You're going to put down Injustice and then recommend this crap?
I'm not recommending it, I'm asking him if he's played it. I haven't, myself.

By the way, wasn't that 3D fighter maker supposed to be Greenlit ages ago? EF-12, wasn't it?

What?
You can rebuild the combos to be whatever you want them to be, at any point during gameplay.
But it's so clunky and janky-looking. The way God Hand did essentially the same thing was much better, IMO. I haven't played RM much, though, so feel free to ignore me on this if you want.

Arthea

I invented a new word for them - convolutiveness incarnate (about gameplay)
He is more funny than annoying. I wouldn't say that Deponia is for everyone, though.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Rufus is not only annoying, he's despicable. And I loved it. He's got a heart, though. Somewhere. Hidden away in some very dark corner.
Haven't played a lot of Daedelic Adventure's, but Deponia certainly looks like one of the better ones. But I wouldn't bother if you're already annoyed by the trailer, the "comedy" (I'm like Herpes/A cool version of Herpes) is really hit or miss.

Gorgeous game, though. That's for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom