• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Hope Ikaruga is a Flash. Fallen Enchantress lost the Community Vote but is a Flash today. There still hope.

_hekk05

Banned
I still haven't gotten my 2 extra cards for #teamred win. sigh...

I think I'll vote Borderlands 2 for that goat sim, but teleglitch is an insanely good and hard game and more people should get it.

dot

4 months :p, but yeah, I am debating if they are going to get my money anyway. Would only be the 4th time I have bought this evil game. Have the old pc release sitting on one of my desk shelves mocking me with it's awfulness.

Oh. Wait....it's been 4 months?!

Hmm maybe i'll take my statement. Should have been 50% off at the least.

Tellaerin

'morning, folks.

Sad that the community vote went the way it did this time, even though we all knew it was coming. These votes are starting to feel like a cruel tease, a possibility of deep discounts on games you're really interested in that'll never actually happen. Stop peddling false hope, Valve. -_-

MikeDown

Banned
So Total War: Rome II that bad?
It is a great game, I love it! I haven't played the original, so I can't compare it to that really. My understanding is that it plays differently, so people expecting it to be like the original Rome were disappointed. Thats what I came away with, though like I said it is a fun game and I enjoy playing it, PM me if you want to play it w/ me. :D

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I played and liked RE5 but wasnt super impressed with it - should I get RE4 or RE6?

If you are playing for the story or to see where the characters go, I agree with what has been stated above, skip Resident Evil 6.

However if you are someone who wants to play Mercenary mode or has friends to play the competitive multiplayer with, Resident Evil 6 with it's new combat mechanics is an utter gem in this regard.

Just pay attention to these to help you out, as Capcom did a poor job explaining it in game. Also note that the FOV can be changed now, do so.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527826
http://www.capcom.com/manuals/RE6/

Why the fuck do they keep punishing people that already own a game and just want a piece of DLC?

I own Dishonored and all the DLC, except Brigmore Witches.

The GOTY edition, with all the DLC, is €8.50, while the DLC alone is €4.99.

The fuck is up with that?

Fjord

Guys I need some advice. I own just Civilization 5 and am looking to pick up all the worthwhile DLC but the total is $30, even after the 75% off.

What should I be going for specifically?

If you only want to spend $7.50 - Gods and Kings

Next up, Brave New World.

Those are the full expansions both with very good overhauls of game mechanics. Also do yourself a favour and try some of the Scenarios. I've rolled my eyes at them in other games but they're my preferred way to play in Civ!

Holy shit, they really charge out the ass for train DLC.

No shit.

hbHcahh.jpg

RE6 gets a ton of crap (deservedly so when it comes to the campaign)
Best Mercenaries and best controls though. Next to Binary Domain it's the best third-person shooter on Steam IMO.

Still waiting for Killer is Dead/Strider/Double Dragon Neon sales. =/

Apparently there's a legendary all DLC edition of SR4 is on the way. Just gonna wait for that rather than spend the billions for SR4 vanilla.

rrs

I never played RE4, or any resident evil game for that matter. I'd go for it but I got to save my money for more important things

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
And Civ V Brave New World is bought.

Think that might just wrap up the steam sale for me. Theres a handful of games I want still but don't think it'll happen with my budget.

You're missing the point and bolded the wrong part. It most certainly is awesome, don't get me wrong... It's a superb game.. And it's also ten years old..! 40%! It's had a lick of paint, but it's not like it came out last week. Batman Origins is sitting there with 75% off and that's been out what, 8 months max? Meh. Gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom