• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waited for RE4:HD all sale. It finally comes up, 40% off. That's ok, the store will refresh to 75% or perhaps 80% in a minute.

Keep refreshing.

No.

It's actually only 40% off. A port of a fucking 10 year old game. Are you kidding me or what.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Jesus.

MCgGCly.png

This pricing is ALL the way fucked.

Oldest one that was actually created for PC has no discount. The 3DS port is the most expensive ON discount. The re-port of the oldest game of them all is only 40% off. The newest huge big budget game is the cheapest.

Yeah this is just kind of a shitshow, Capcom's never been one to really get this sales thing.

Weird.
I just received like three random cards at 1:00ish.

I'm going to feel kinda shitty if this is what happens if I "won" free games but since I didn't craft a badge I got cards instead.

RE4 getting a 40% discount sucks btw.

tmarques

It's cute to see Purple team think they can turn this around.

And Far Cry Blood right after Far Cry 3? Are they going to continue cycling the same games around until the end of the sale?

DogMeat77

Final Steam keys that were unclaimed. Take my games!!

Send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want

1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-FCF82D54E20925EF
Soulbringer -- MB-4EDC16B3C1990E85

Really wish Civilization V had a "Complete Edition Upgrade" pack to buy. I mean, if you own vanilla Civ V then your cheapest method is to... buy the pack that contains the game you already own?

Would be nice if owners of vanilla Civ V had a cheaper upgrade option. It used to exist before they launched the "Complete Edition"; the cheapest option was a Gold Upgrade and then the rest of the expansions.

Holy shit, they really charge out the ass for train DLC.
It probably takes a a lot of work to completely model a whole train and/or track though. I doubt it will sell a ton either. So they charge a little more for it. Seems reasonable and a lot cheaper than buying model trains.

dot

Waited for RE4:HD all sale. It finally comes up, 40% off. That's ok, the store will refresh to 75% or perhaps 80% in a minute.

Keep refreshing.

No.

It's actually only 40% off. A port of a fucking 10 year old game. Are you kidding me or what.

To be fair...it came out like a month ago on steam. I'd buy it at 40% off it i had more money.

The_Monk

Resident Evil 4 HD is not cheap enough for a replay play-through for me.
Please don't mention the 60 FPS experience, please

I also want to play the PC version of Resident Evil 6. I have great fond memories of playing on the console version with a distant friend... Good times but I don't know if I should.

Revelations is the only RE I have never played and I never seen it cheaper that its current price right now. At least on Steam. I think I'm going to like it, some GAFfers seem to share positive things about.

Final 3 Steam keys that were unclaimed. Take my games!!

Send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want

1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-FCF82D54E20925EF
Soulbringer -- MB-4EDC16B3C1990E85
Manhunter -- MB-36CE1962E31A77DB

I applied for those games and nothing. Modbot hates me :p

zulux21

Probably a lot of people who didn't even know it was Ikaruga (or something they'd be interested in) because the graphic was just some asian characters.

even then I hate how often packs with repeat deals get voted in...
especially repeat deals that are very very likely to be included in the last day repeat deal sale....

oh well.... in general anything that shows up on the fan vote stuff eventually shows up at the very least on a flash sale... so I will just have to watch for ikaruga instead of giving them money right now :(

aku:jiki

I voted crafting rougelikes just because I don't want shitty youtube fodder games like Goat Simulator to sell any more copies
Eh. Feel free not to like it but don't make up reasons to hate it. It was a tech demo that RPS and other people flipped the fuck out over and the devs said "uh okay, I guess we'll release it?" They didn't ask for any of all this hype, so blaming them for it is kinda unfair and scummy.

Teleglitch>Goat Simulator
Actually, sir, Teleglitch blows.

The Pit is the MVP of that pack.

AHA-Lambda

I still cannot believe that I am now more excited about checking gog for their sales over steam now.

I haven't been this disappointed since Hitman absolution :/

The user giving away the games sets the rules, but there is also an overall global throttle. It starts that you need to wait 15 minutes between wins, and escalates based on how much you've won in the last week until functionally you can't win anymore. I change the exact cutoffs for the different throttle timers periodically and don't disclose (since I don't want to encourage people riding the line). But basically if you're winning something every single day, you're probably winning stuff too often.
This is a pretty good idea. Can you also adjust the rules based on the quality and/or price of the game being won? I don't even mean RE6 vs. Bad Rats, but more along the lines of some newish AAA title vs. random decent indie game from a bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom