• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily
Community choice
  • Dark Souls 75% off Yet again. Still got GFWL
  • Battlefront II 66% off Again. Gamespy is dead, multiplayer needs third party stuff
  • Beat Hazard 80% off
  • Blockland 80% off
Community votes
Pack 1:
  • Borderlands 2 75% off Again
  • Saints Row IV 75% off Again
  • Far Cry Blood Dragon 75% off Again
  • Goat Simulator 40% off
Pack 2:
  • Project Zomboid 33% off
  • The Pit 85% off
  • Teleglitch 75% off
  • Pixel Boy 35% off

Sadly people seem to be demanding the same stuff that has been on sale previously over and over again.

Off the first batch only Goar simulator maybe has not been in a daily/flash, besides Borderlands 2 GOTY has been way cheaper than, so I'm pretty confident it's going to win :(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Im tempted to pick up Dishonored GOTY is the DLC worth it?

Yes. Dishonored was my personal game of 2012. The DLC is really good and different enough from the main game to warrant a playthrough.

Turfster

Really wish Civilization V had a "Complete Edition Upgrade" pack to buy. I mean, if you own vanilla Civ V then your cheapest method is to... buy the pack that contains the game you already own?

Would be nice if owners of vanilla Civ V had a cheaper upgrade option. It used to exist before they launched the "Complete Edition"; the cheapest option was a Gold Upgrade and then the rest of the expansions.

Don't they sell the gold update anymore?

loldrums

Banned
Civ V -- not even the Complete Edition -- for the same price it's been marked down to during every sale on every website for two years.

HOORAY.

Lomax

Which mistake was it?

Dishonored GotY was 91% off for about 10 minutes, I missed it by seconds, price changed on me as I tried to buy. Was last winter sale. Even if it was at 75% off now the deal just doesn't seem good enough in comparison.

I don't think we've seen a single double stacked discount this sale (A Wizard's Lizard kinda was, but not the normal discount times discount mistake), seems like Valve may have finally learned their lesson and stopped them from happening.

damn, wanted revelations but they're still charging way too much for a 3DS port, better fix that price before I lose 100% interest in even buying it.(right price is $8, not a cent more)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So Total War: Rome II that bad?

Not at all, at least not any more. There were a lot of faults early on when it launched, and some unfair comparisons to how Total War games were two to five years after their launch compared to the first week of the always buggy launch for this franchise.

With numerous patches and upgrades through the various extra tribes and cultures, it's become quite solid and anyone who wants a good Total War game will have plenty to enjoy with Rome II.

A-V-B

I think most of the games I've bought this summer sale have just been games that I've rented and completed over the years which I've felt compelled to give the devs their dues.

Actually, sir, Teleglitch blows.

The Pit is the MVP of that pack.

It may well blow (I don't own it yet) but it's easily a better game than goat sim (which i do).

I like Teleglitch, but there are half a dozen games that do basically the same thing but better. I had more fun in an hour of Goat Simulator than I did in the 6-10 hours I played Teleglitch when it was on Desura.

And after that hour, you never touch it again.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Guys I need some advice. I own just Civilization 5 and am looking to pick up all the worthwhile DLC but the total is $30, even after the 75% off.

What should I be going for specifically?

DarkFlow

Banned
It probably takes a a lot of work to completely model a whole train and/or track though. I doubt it will sell a ton either. So they charge a little more for it. Seems reasonable and a lot cheaper than buying model trains.

I was just talking about the sheer volume. If you wanted all that DLC, you might as well buy a real train. :D

BPoole

Eh. Feel free not to like it but don't make up reasons to hate it. It was a tech demo that RPS and other people flipped the fuck out over and the devs said "uh okay, I guess we'll release it?" They didn't ask for any of all this hype, so blaming them for it is kinda unfair and scummy.

Actually, sir, Teleglitch blows.

The Pit is the MVP of that pack.
I have a "stop liking what I don't like" problem

Nif

I've been really happy with the sale, but I did spend the last couple not buying much. The only thing left that I'm wishing for is a decent sale on Wolfenstein, but I'm not holding my breath.

Doomedfool

To be fair...it came out like a month ago on steam. I'd buy it at 40% off it i had more money.

4 months :p, but yeah, I am debating if they are going to get my money anyway. Would only be the 4th time I have bought this evil game. Have the old pc release sitting on one of my desk shelves mocking me with it's awfulness.

Oh wow won Ikaruga!

Black and white bullets
turn back and forth forever
now a giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SteamWorld Dig -- MB-E0E59573DDF27103 - Taken by Japle

Biochet

Saints Row and Borderlands are together in a category called comedy open world; you guys already know how this is going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom