• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shit.

hbHcahh.jpg

I'll buy that for a -125% discount.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
All this talk of Dishonored...

Dishonored Giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored -- MB-83CBD52A3736D6DD - Taken by Jeremy. 64 entrants total.

t1403804108z1.png

Pachimari

Welp, bought Dishonored GOTY, Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil 6: Complete Pack, Train Simulator 2014: Steam Edition and Civ V God and Kings DLC.

I think this is the end of my summer steam sales.

A-V-B

Why isn't a community sale a selection of 8 games from which you can pick four, and the top four at the end of the vote get picked? That seems much more efficient.

Copons

Why isn't a community sale a selection of 8 games from which you can pick four, and the top four at the end of the vote get picked? That seems much more efficient.

Community would still vote for the 4 games you don't give a shit about.

Was just going to pull the trigger on Dishonoured GOTY, RE4 and RE6, but I know RE4 can go better and it's not like I don't have one game for every grain of sand in the world just sat there waiting.

Dishonoured GOTY and RE6 it is.

Still loving the hell out of the vanilla Civ V and learning that to its fullest, so don't want to introduce any DLC yet. No doubt they'll be back down at Christmas.

Swhalen

I own Dishonored but not the DLC, I want to buy the DLC but for some reason it costs more than just buying the GOTY edition.

KiDdYoNe

Trains Standart and Steam edition prices may be glitched. Well, trying to sell version with more content for a less price is just dumb for me, lol.

Mono

What DLC should I get for the full Civ V experience?

Note that if you get Brave New World, then you get all the mechanics added in Gods & Kings, just not the extra nations you can play as.

Though the new nations added in both expansions are really fun.

Caerith

I own Dishonored but not the DLC, I want to buy the DLC but for some reason it costs more than just buying the GOTY edition.

That's how it is for most games unless they include an "upgrade to GOTY" option, which few ever do. Moral: never buy just a base game.

Enco

Knife of Dunwall was pretty cool.

Brigmore Witches I haven't finished yet. Got bored and can't be bothered to carry on.

I don't think the DLC is necessary at all. I loved the main game but the more I played the DLC, the less interested I was.

Dishonored base game is all you really need. Pick up the DLC if you really want more but they aren't important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom