• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymphae

Banned
I know it's a bummer Ikaruga didn't win guys....but it's ONLY 5 FUCKING DOLLARS. Down from 10. BUY THE FUCKING THING ALREADY.

I paid around 60+ dollars for it on GC, and it was totally worth it (if you like these games).

I think im going to sit out RE6 until it's $5. I have Revelations sitting in my backlog now. Don't need 2 REs in the backlog and it's bound to be $5 before year's end.

Gangxxter

Me playing Beat Hazard:

irSLGnhqfnD2L.gif

Seriously, this game is in-fucking-credible! I'm so stoked right now, I didn't expect that from that game. Omg, it's so good!

Garcia

We'll see speed runners, double dragon, ikaruga altogether in the next flash sale, today will be the day!

May GabeN read your words and make it happen. I'm sure Ikaruga got plenty of votes to justify a flash sale before this Sale ends.

There's still hope.

Mr.Mike

A lot of great games for strategy fans today. Shame I already own most of them. Banished is a great city builder, and Civ 5 is more good Civ. I decided to finally pick up Rome II, and I got all of the DLC except the newest culture pack (which isn't on sale and doesn't interest me much) and the extra campaigns (I can buy those later when I need more campaigns for whatever reason)

Anyway, I'd like to put in a good word for Europa Universalis 4. It is a great game, and if you've ever thought about getting into the Grand Strategy genre, this is the one to get you into it, as it is the most newcomer friendly one, while maintaining a good depth. If you ever loved Civ but yearned for something more historical and realistic, or if you love playing the map part of Total War, you'll love EU4.

beta_fuse

Double Dragon Neon, Sonic and All-stars racing transformed.
There's also battleblock theater.

EDIT: Oh there's also Rayman Legends.

I was actually just looking at Double Dragon Neon so I might check that out, thanks! As for the other, I own them all already on different platforms:)

Newblade

I know it's a bummer Ikaruga didn't win guys....but it's ONLY 5 FUCKING DOLLARS. Down from 10. BUY THE FUCKING THING ALREADY.

I paid around 60+ dollars for it on GC, and it was totally worth it (if you like these games).

Yeah, I'll probably buy Ikaruga by the end of the sale even if it doesn't get discounted further.

a gripping, horrifying atmosphere (it is far more terrifying, in my opinion, than Bioshock was, and whereas I felt Bioshock lost it's atmosphere in the Medical Pavillion, System Shock 2 retains it throughout), and a very engaging storyline never loses its intensity until the, frankly, awful ending that's just as bad as the original Bioshock's) that..

I consider System Shock 2 a horror game myself. I loved Bioshock 1 but while it got a nice atmosphere and couple of jump scares, there was nothing as terrifying as one single regular enemy from SS2.

system-shock-2-03.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

(SS2 screenshots are hard to find because of GOD AWFUL character mods. Ugh.)

Helmholtz

So is Ikaruga really that good? I know nothing about the game other than it being a scrolling shooter of some sort. Is it a lot better than something like Jamestown?

Pepboy

So is there any game on steam that is like Settlers of Cataan? or Dominion? (those are board games if you don't know)

Probably better off asking in boardgame thread but check ouy memoir 44 (and ticket to ride?) by days of wonder. I think theres a title called 7 grand steps or something that had a boardgame feel. Also check out card city nights, it's cheap.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant believe Brigmore Witches didnt even hit 66%

well, I can since its Bathesda but still, fuck sake

So is Ikaruga really that good? I know nothing about the game other than it being a scrolling shooter of some sort. Is it a lot better than something like Jamestown?

haha

yes. yes it is (Jamestown is great tho)

"$10 for Dishonored GOTY!"

"$10 for Bioshock Collection!"

"These are great deals!"

At checkout...$20 is a lot!

It adds up. Wallet cries. Steam sales in a nutshell!

Elija2

Mercs still has activity and it's the best part of the game anyway. Such a blast on co-op.
I had a lot of invasions during the campaign last time I played it a couple of months ago (never looked for co-op partners since I was playing with my brother) so I'm guessing it's still pretty active.
The sale should also help.

Is any of the DLC worth it?

Shit, just realized the game is a 16GB download. Curse bandwidth caps. :(

Jadax

So I'm guessing RED is just going to win the rest of the days it looks like.

Sad thing is, I'm going to be travelling Friday-Sunday, so will miss every day :(

The first day Red Team was so shit I barely cared, then suddenly day 2 onwards we've been owning.

Yeah I figured that out the moment I posted the raffle. Could I interest you in some other games people havent claim yet? I'll PM you with a list :)

Nah man, it's all good. I'm not going to complain about freebies :) Shit happens..enjoy the steam sales, watch USA scrape through into the last 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom