• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

No surprises there.

Does that mean if you bought a copy and left it in your inventory it wont work?

Yeah. You're fine if you activated it though.

I have a left over copy which I was going to give away, but guess that plans out!

Gurrry

I got KOF this morning and won my very first match online.

GET HYPE

Now im considering buying Dishonored. Anyone wanna talk me out of it?

(So far its been a weak haul: Papers Please, Bastion and KOF)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Not to be mean or anything but you people who tried to make profit by selling Valiant Hearts had it coming.

Ubisoft has a history with region locks and they are very aware of the people that tried to exploit the price error so they were fast enough to put an end to it

Volimar

i'm going to try to manually override the DS1/DS2 confusion in the mean time :p

B3DmC3S.jpg

Teppic

Oh wow, I won Dark Souls! thank you very much Madrugador!

I have never played any of the Souls games, but after all the praise they've got I've been wanting to try them out.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I got KOF this morning and won my very first match online.

GET HYPE

Now im considering buying Dishonored. Anyone wanna talk me out of it?

(So far its been a weak haul: Papers Please, Bastion and KOF)

It's a fantastic game and well worth the money. I bought it on 360 and loved it. Might get it on PC myself if I can sell a few cards.

liezryou

Any russians/CIS GAFfers who want a free copy of valiant hearts, just PM me. I have 6 copies, you are welcome to some. FOR RUSKI-GAF ONLY.

Cru

I wish Amazon would price match the community games regardless of what wins the vote. I wonder if Tonys replacement lurks?

Any russians/CIS GAFfers who want a free copy of valiant hearts, just PM me. I have 6 copies, you are welcome to some. FOR RUSKI-GAF ONLY.

So it was a retroactive hard lock.
Sorry you got nailed by it, dude, I know you weren't trying to profit on it, just help people get it cheap.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

stop fucking scalping Gaffers

oh wait

happy.gif

How does the RU region block work with packs? I kind of understand the whole steamdb app/sub thing. I know the base RE6 is restricted but the complete pack in particular uses the same sub on RU and my store so does that mean it's not restricted?

Tizoc

Not to be mean or anything but you people who tried to make profit by selling Valiant Hearts had it coming.

Ubisoft has a history with region locks and they are very aware of the people that tried to exploit the price error so they were fast enough to put an end to it

Heh I was thinking of using 2 recently bought TF2 Keys I got for cheap to get an extra copy for a giveaway, but as is, I'll keep them for another game.

kevin1025

Banned
So was the Russian price difference the reason Valiant Hearts exploded onto the activity feed the past two days? Or was everyone really excited to pick the game up?

Cerity

Seems like they've been relaxing the region restrictions during the sale, at least for capcom titles.

New packages were added for both Remember Me and RE6 that only restrict purchase region. If you visit their RU/CIS store pages, you'll see that those games are lock purchase and run but go to their package page and it's only purchase restricted.

Purkake4

Banned
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is pretty fun and crazy deep if you like roguelikes, by the way. Just be sure to get the Gold edition, it adds a ton of stuff.

JakeD

At that markup all he had to do was sell one copy to pay for an inventory full though. lol

that's what im thinking. unless there's somebody out there with 200 copies sitting in their inventory, they still made a profit. even for those who were being generous and only asking for dollar or 2

PC gaming has made me an expert on currency conversion. is there anything it can't do??

Dambrosi

Banned
I can't believe Red Team is winning again. I'm gonna run out of badges to craft at this rate.

Superior Soviet organization at work, tovarisch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So was the Russian price difference the reason Valiant Hearts exploded onto the activity feed the past two days? Or was everyone really excited to pick the game up?

it was 1 TF2 key (2 bucks) for most of us

Locust

Ubi is hard at work trying to hide this mistake from the public, even deleted the 7 ruble coin artwork from the community hub and completely closed the Valiant Hearts forums.

Tizoc

At work so I can't access Steamtrades and such sites, but how many TF2 Keys is Sherlock Holmes: Crime and Punishment going for?

Russia had the game for like $0.20, and so people went crazy trading TF2 Keys to get the game.

Yes, you won't be able to rip off GAFers anymore.

woa, I won't fall in there, I was just asking because a friend asked me to look for a cheap VH key and I was told by a russian guy in Steam that it had been region locked.

never been a seller, actually I've gifted many games using modbot, posting in threads or pms. I'm not into any cdkey selling business, never been and never will, but I got 4 keys and I sold 2 of them and traded the other 2 for Child of Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom