• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Hopefully save someone a few pennies. Should all be unused.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Commandos 2 -- MB-3B2A053C41549F38 - Taken by Kaper. 5 entrants total.
Commandos 3 -- MB-F9265F7F3A1E34D1 - Taken by demolitio. 4 entrants total.
Broken sword -- MB-D89E98A45038EA62 - Taken by smashdude50. 3 entrants total.
Commandos Beyond the call of duty -- MB-C6870BD1B3477AD8 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Broken sword 2 -- MB-F9119B17BB3F4776 - Taken by zeroOman. 2 entrants total.
Commandos Behind Enemy Lines -- MB-E4074D80DAC3E8EA - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 3 entrants total.

t1403820186z1.png

Chariot

I gifted a friend a copy of Valiant Hearts. He doesen't seem to have activated it yet, can he still activate it or is he now stuck with this? (at least I hope that he was just too lazy and didn't scalp it away :,D)

Eanan

I gifted a friend a copy of Valiant Hearts. He doesen't seem to have activated it yet, can he still activate it or is he now stuck with this? (at least I hope that he was just too lazy and didn't scalp it away :,D)

I forgot to activate my copy, and its still in my inventory, but it wont let me activate it now :(

Guess VPN is the only option now?

Chariot

I forgot to activate my copy, and its still in my inventory, but it wont let me activate it now :(

Guess VPN is the only option now?
Urgh, that will be fun, when he realize this.
VPN is icky. I wouldn't even try it. It's sad, but in this case: it was only 1~2 Euro, so better let it be than risking losing the entire library, aye?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why is Brigmore Witches still only 50%? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yup, my reaction when I saw it

tumblr_mjgzmjA1pH1rn3kl9o1_500.gif

and then I was like

alex-crying.gif

but now im like

gif-91.gif

*this presentation brought to you by Gifs.
Gifs, like movies, only silent, and short

ZeroCDR

My giveaway is ending soon, reposting for the new page!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

portada_200260.jpg
header.jpg

Pid -- MB-D3827F5C1761C071 - Taken by Pakkidis. 3 entrants total.
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-8C6F66AFFA2C92BB - Taken by kutthoat5150. 19 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-BAD30C3DAEEC03C1 - Taken by Leila. 8 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-779C41887C02B96E - Taken by Darth Zandatsu. 16 entrants total.
Humble Indie Bundle 2 -- MB-2700801A9FBD1038 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 13 entrants total.

t1403821430z1.png

Eanan

Urgh, that will be fun, when he realize this.
VPN is icky. I wouldn't even try it. It's sad, but in this case: it was only 1~2 Euro, so better let it be than risking losing the entire library, aye?

The general consensus from a quick Google and my own experience (activated a game by VPN months ago with no repercussions) is that you wont get banned.

Using a VPN to buy from foreign steam store on the toehr hand would get you banned probably.

Arthea

Played some of Valiant Hearts, uplay updated fast this time and I got on it without any problems. From first glance, it's a nice little game, has collectibles, Jasec will be happy!

Man, Ikaruga is tough! I've never played it before, despite having wanting to for years and only watching YouTube videos. I beat Arcade Mode, but on Easy with infinite continues. Now to learn how to play Chapter 1 properly!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Publishers really just want you to own the game more than once it seems.
Recall thats been the case a lot lately.

That's one way to look at it. We'll call that "The crazy sort of bullshit logic that a videogame publisher exec wants you to follow."

The other way to look at it, from the point of view of a customer who is actually paying for these things, is to realize that at this point you're actively being punished for buying games early and at full price, so never do those things.

Chariot

The general consensus from a quick Google and my own experience (activated a game by VPN months ago with no repercussions) is that you wont get banned.

Using a VPN to buy from foreign steam store on the toehr hand would get you banned probably.
It's alright, he apparently has already activated it.
Good luck to those who haven't. Except when they're scalpers.

Jawmuncher

That's one way to look at it. We'll call that "The crazy sort of bullshit logic that a videogame publisher exec wants you to follow."

The other way to look at it, from the point of view of a customer who is actually paying for these things, is to realize that at this point you're actively being punished for buying games early and at full price, so never do those things.

That is a good point.
If you ever fancy yourself as wanting all the DLC you might as well not even bother buying Day 1/.l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom