• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Laekon

I see that Empire: Total War is on sale still. I remember hearing about technical issues with this game when it came out. Does anyone know if they fixed it? I haven't played a game like this but it seems a lot more interesting than Civ V to me.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Smash88 said:
"3rd-party DRM: FrontLine ProActive
3 machine activation limit"
And when people asked if they would think about removing it for the Steam version, the lead dev pretty much shat on them and told everyone to deal with it.jpg

Laekon said:
I see that Empire: Total War is on sale still. I remember hearing about technical issues with this game when it came out. Does anyone know if they fixed it? I haven't played a game like this but it seems a lot more interesting than Civ V to me.
Its playable. But some bugs/problems will never get fixed unless the community gets around to it.

Edit: Also the AI is dumb as a sack or doorknobs.

yonder

speculawyer said:
It is still very fun but it is not like a long campaign. You'll get through the various maps pretty quickly.

But why in the world would you not touch the multi-player?
Dunno, I very rarely play any multiplayer games. I'm just weird like that, I guess. :lol

LyR said:
what kind of DRM ? The shitty ubisoft one where you have to be online all the time ?
Read the thread man. it's on this page fgs.
duckroll said:
I wouldn't recommend Left 4 Dead to anyone just for the single player honestly. It's going to end up feeling like an expanded demo. The game is very much all about the multiplayer modes, be it co-op, versus, survival, etc.
Concurred, I still spent a colossal amount of time with it but never played single player, and barely finished the campaigns as survivor. I spent most of my time as infected or in the scavenge mode. If scavenge was in L4D I wouldn't have paid full price.

Instro

thundr51 said:
Fine Steam, don't put oblivion on sale...

Are the sales going to continue next week or is today the last day of sales?

Looks like the sale lasts till the 29th buddy, so theres still a few days left yet.

Fireflu

Im very interested in the GTA episodes but fear my rig wont be up to par as ive heard GTA4 takes quite a lot to run well. (my set up = i5 750 (stock speed), 4gb ram, 1gb 5850).

If anyone with a similar set up could confirm that i can run this well would be great.

spermatic cord said:
Finally. I can play L4D2 for the first time. EVER!
y1A9L.jpg

No longer.

Re: DRM . . . yeah, at full price I won't buy . . . but when down to $15 . . . I'm not so adamantly against it.

Time to go put another $100 in the Steam wallet.

Oh . . . you can see the games they've been giving away for free in their give-away contest here:
http://store.steampowered.com/get/
Black-Ops tops the list. Some people that got a copy of Half-Life or something in an Indie Pack have got to be kicking themselves. :lol

Stitch said:
i have lot's of fun with left 4 dead 2 in singleplayer
Yeah, at the minimum, for $5 the single player is worth it.

Smash88

Banned
Laekon said:

They released a patch due to a lot of people complaining after they moved on to Napolean Total War. It fixed quite a few problems, but there are still some issues.

If you like the age this takes place in, and the Total War series in general, you should pick it up. As long as you can overlook some lingering issues the game still has.

It's what you would expect from a Total War series. Multiplayer is fun (if there is anyone left playing), Single Player has some neat campaigns about the creation of the United States, etc... And of course the big campaign, where you can play as a lot of different nations.

Make sure to pick up DarthMod Empire if you do pick up the game.

Bebpo

Banned
speculawyer said:
Yeah, that looks like a cute little game. I might buy the 10 pack & give out copies. The 10-pack is only $5 more than the normal price for the game. :lol

Well, if you do let me know and I'll paypal you a few bucks. I have like $4 that's been sitting my account anyway so I'll contribute it if you don't mind.

Oyashiro

I wish I had a gaming PC or laptop so fucking bad... I'm jealous of you guys :( Enjoy your awesome sales! (L4D2 for 5 bucks... so fucking jelly)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I bought Kings Bounty: Crossworlds (As I already own the first 2 KB games) for £3.75. Not bad at all.

Also, Nyxquest will be bought, and I'm tempted by Lara Croft too. Damn you Steam, wallet raping extraordinaire.

Dizzy-4U said:
If you don't buy King's Bounty, you're a terrible person. That is all :mad:
You don't want to be a terrible person do you? Then listen to this man.

GameGamer

How is the Call of Duty 4 online multiplayer?

Easy to find active servers?

Also the info page doesn't list any DRM besides steam. Is this true?

Bebpo said:
Well, if you do let me know and I'll paypal you a few bucks. I have like $4 that's been sitting my account anyway so I'll contribute it if you don't mind.
OK . . . bought it. Send a friend invite to Speculawyer & give me your Steam id.

I noticed it is Steam-play so I can give it to some Mac people too.

I think I'm going to create a Steam account for a nephew and load it up with games, and give it to him for xmas.

Bebpo

Banned
speculawyer said:
OK . . . bought it. Send a friend invite to Speculawyer & give me your Steam id.

I noticed it is Steam-play so I can give it to some Mac people too.

I think I'm going to create a Steam account for a nephew and load it up with games, and give it to him for xmas.

Alright, added you. Thanks for doing this. My steam id is just bebpo. PM me an e-mail I can paypal to and I'll send you the few bucks in my account :)

Smash88

Banned
Benedict said:
3 machine activation limit. is that forever or like 3 machines in a year/month?
Can you deactivate machines easily?

Don't know about deactivation, but if you email/call you get 10 extra activation limits so 13 in all. No one knows what happens after those 10.

Oyashiro said:
I wish I had a gaming PC or laptop so fucking bad... I'm jealous of you guys :( Enjoy your awesome sales! (L4D2 for 5 bucks... so fucking jelly)
1) Do you play to have one in the near future? If so, buy now, play later.

2) Do you have access to a gaming PC anywhere? If so, you can just download the steam client, install a game on it, and play. The games are tied to your account, not to any specific PC so you literally play on any PC or Mac that you come across with Internet access.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
speculawyer said:
Yeah, that looks like a cute little game. I might buy the 10 pack & give out copies. The 10-pack is only $5 more than the normal price for the game. :lol
If you end up doing that please shoot me a PM with your PayPal info. I've been wanting to try it out for a while.

Anyone want to gift me a copy of Tomb Raider in exchange for GFWL on demand copies of Dawn of Discovery (US only) and/or Bully: Scholarship edition?

Can't risk taking money out of my bank but I've got those two games unclaimed, so I'll offer the trade.

Zzoram

Bebpo said:
I heard it was a not so hot game.

...and I don't like the RTS genre :p

Its a bad game. Even if you liked RTS you'd be better off paying full price for SC2 than this pile.

I just find it amusing that supcom2 has acquired such a bad reputation that everyone knows to stay away even when they're practically giving it away.

Cdammen

Bought Left 4 Dead 2, haven't played any of the L4D games, gonna be fun.

Also bought Burnout Paradise, Dawn of War II and the Indie Clever Pack from the last batch. PC gaming is so bloody cheap. The money I spent on my rig will be "repaid in games" in just a couple of days :D

(EDIT) Does King's Bounty play like the Heroes of Might & Magic games, I like those kind of SRPGs.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr Cola said:
guess im sold then :], i was under the impression there hadnt been a good tomb rader game in around a decade, strange to think this slipped under the radar
That is a horribly wrong impression. The past 4 games featuring Lara Croft have been excellent.

If you don't buy Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, you are a fucking moron. I don't care what you have to do to get the 7.50$, it's easily the best co-op game of the year and one of the best singleplayer games of the year. That includes full price triple-A titles as well.

Smash88

Banned
Cdammen said:
Bought Left 4 Dead 2, haven't played any of the L4D games, gonna be fun.

Also bought Burnout Paradise, Dawn of War II and the Indie Clever Pack from the last batch. PC gaming is so bloody cheap. The money I spent on my rig will be "repaid in games" in just a couple of days :D

Don't worry console-fanboys will find a way to spin this for the worse. :lol

Just kidding fanboys

Stallion Free said:
That is a horribly wrong impression. The past 4 games featuring Lara Croft have been excellent.

If you don't buy Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, you are a fucking moron. I don't care what you have to do to get the 7.50$, it's easily the best co-op game of the year and one of the best singleplayer games of the year. That includes full price triple-A titles as well.

Maybe when it hits $5 or under.

kamspy

GameGamer said:
How is the Call of Duty 4 online multiplayer?

Easy to find active servers?

Also the info page doesn't list any DRM besides steam. Is this true?

Very much alive.

Not sure about DRM. I must have installed and reinstalled the disc copy I bought at launch well over a dozen times. fwiw.

ZZMitch

Dang that pulse pack looks awesome.

All of those games look cool. I have t get the Polynomial just based on Giantbomb's video :lol

duckroll

Instro said:
If anyone does the NyxQuest bundle, let me know.

speculawyer has one right now, you might want to PM him about it. For more detailed pack coordination, there's the thread on the Community forum.

Top Bottom