• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Prophet Steve said:
Interested in nothing, maybe I'll finally give Counter Strike a chance, but not sure.

Do it that game is great you won't regret it. Looks like its just the indie pack for me today. I wish I could gift someone audiosurf seeing as I already own it.

Edit: I also got Galcon Fusion cuz it looks cool lol.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
guess im sold then :], i was under the impression there hadnt been a good tomb rader game in around a decade, strange to think this slipped under the radar

Edgeward

speculawyer said:
I think the engine is no different. But it does have different missions. More checkpoints in the missions. Some new weapons. Sky-diving. Etc.

Hmm, I don't like how demanding the specs IV was on pc just to get it running decently, now I'm unsure. =\

Damn, I just beat Lara Croft last night on PS3. It wouldn't be the same going through it on the PC again, knowing how to solve everything. :(

Oh well, in for EFLC.

Forkball

Eh, nothing again. Oh well, I still need to play six games I got over the past few days for about $12 total, I guess I can't complain.

suplex said:
Any opinions on Wings of Prey?

Also the prices arent listed yet for the packs, and you cant add to cart.
3rd-party DRM: FrontLine ProActive
3 machine activation limit

Nope.avi

Trying the demo for Croft, again if anyone has a CS:S guest pass I'd appreciate it. Steam is in my profile. Lost and Damned didn't appeal so I don't think I'll get the pack just for Gay Tony. Don't overlook Red Faction. If you like open world solve it however you want missions this is a game for you.

Minsc

Gold Member
Salaadin said:
Whats the verdict on those 3 Kings Bounty games in that pack?

They're incredible if you like the genre of gaming, TBS. Can't go wrong for that price, it's like 150+ hours of gaming.

I own all three already, and only have played the first, but heard the sequels were both nice improvements, with the only "drawback" being more of the same.

hylje

Sgt.Pepper said:
Audiosurf and Bit.Trip.Beat for 5 dollars? SO BOUGHT

Edit: Weird. The add to cart button doesn't appear?

It certainly missing there. Going to purchase it too once they fix it.

Cheech

Sgt.Pepper said:
Audiosurf and Bit.Trip.Beat for 5 dollars? SO BOUGHT

Edit: Weird. The add to cart button doesn't appear?

Yeah, just click on one of the games, and you'll get an option for the full pack and the individual game. It worked under Audiosurf.

atomsk

Party Pooper
pulse pack bought, wanted polynominal and bit.trip.beat for the 3rd time, anything else is a bonus (already own audiosurf)

InertiaXr

Does anybody know if I buy the Kings Bounty pack and I already own The Legend if I can gift it to somebody else? It doesnt seem to indicate either way on the sale page

confused

Banned
InertiaXr said:
Does anybody know if I buy the Kings Bounty pack and I already own The Legend if I can gift it to somebody else? It doesnt seem to indicate either way on the sale page

If it isn't specifically indicated it won't be giftable

hylje said:
It certainly missing there. Going to purchase it too once they fix it.
This was posted earlier, just click on any one of the individual games and the add to cart button will appear there. Edit: late but oh well.

Minsc

Gold Member
InertiaXr said:

This is never possible on anything, except certain Valve games.

Edit: Actually, there was once a MI promotion you could give the first if you already owned it, but for like 99.99% of the stuff you buy on Steam in packs, yet already own, you can't gift out parts of the pack, which is annoying.

hylje

InertiaXr said:

Gifting only works on some Valve products. So no you can't gift that.

LethaL ImpuLse said:
This was posted earlier, just click on any one of the individual games and the add to cart button will appear there.

Yup, found the info and bought :)

yonder

How is L4D2's singleplayer? I wouldn't be touching the multi at all, but I get the impression that it's meant to be played mostly online.

epmode

InertiaXr said:
Try to buy it. It'll tell you for sure before you confirm the purchase.

I really doubt you can gift it, though. That behavior is very uncommon for Steam's package deals.

Got the indie pack because I love music/rhythm games. Also got Lara Croft and Supcom 2 because they were cheap. Still kind of disappointed though, none of the sales were something that I really really wanted. Would be nice to have a day where I was actually excited to see the stuff on sale, either that or you know win my wishlist.

Mr_Zombie

Is Rhythm Zone and Beat Hazard good? I've only played demo of those games and because of the limitations (only 4 or 5 songs) it was hard to tell whether I like them or not (especially Rhythm Zone, where default buttons configuration sucked).

I already own Audiosurf and I love the game (I've spent 45+ hours playing it :lol) but now I want another game that allows you to play your own music.

stuminus3

Indie pack for me again today, you can never own enough versions of Bit.Trip beat. These indie bundles are so good.

I literally own everything else already except Wings of Prey which I don't want. Damnit. :lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's fucking stupid that I even have to ask this, but does Kings Bounty Platinum support proper 16:9?

duckroll

Rubezh said:
How's the replayability in Guardian of Light?

Very good. You can replay any of the levels you have beaten individually, there are score and skill challenges with unlock rewards. Co-op and single player puzzles are designed differently and offer different gameplay experiences, etc.

Yonn said:
How is L4D2's singleplayer? I wouldn't be touching the multi at all, but I get the impression that it's meant to be played mostly online.
It is still very fun but it is not like a long campaign. You'll get through the various maps pretty quickly.

But why in the world would you not touch the multi-player?

Benedict

I'm thinking about Wings of Prey.
Used to love Finest Hour Battle of Britain for my Atari ST and I guess this is the "high-tech" version eh?

Already have LFD2 and Kings Bounty (without the expansions).

Bebpo said:
Anyone doing a Nyx Quest 10 pack? I've got $1.50 in my paypal ready to go to you.
Yeah, that looks like a cute little game. I might buy the 10 pack & give out copies. The 10-pack is only $5 more than the normal price for the game. :lol

LyR

Banned
speculawyer said:
I'm curious too. I know a lot of people hate the DRM. It lists a meta-critic of 78.

Has Steam Achievements. :D

what kind of DRM ? The shitty ubisoft one where you have to be online all the time ?

duckroll

I wouldn't recommend Left 4 Dead to anyone just for the single player honestly. It's going to end up feeling like an expanded demo. The game is very much all about the multiplayer modes, be it co-op, versus, survival, etc.

Top Bottom