• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Oyashiro

speculawyer said:
1) Do you play to have one in the near future? If so, buy now, play later.

2) Do you have access to a gaming PC anywhere? If so, you can just download the steam client, install a game on it, and play. The games are tied to your account, not to any specific PC so you literally play on any PC or Mac that you come across with Internet access.
1) Nope. I'm one of those "poor college students".
2) I don't know anyone on campus with a gaming PC, and the PCs provided by the school are not really good for gaming, I would imagine. I have a 4 year old Mac Book, but it can't really run anything recent.

1-D_FTW

Zzoram said:
Its a bad game. Even if you liked RTS you'd be better off paying full price for SC2 than this pile.

I just find it amusing that supcom2 has acquired such a bad reputation that everyone knows to stay away even when they're practically giving it away.

Probably because I'm no longer a fan of the genre, I actually prefer SupremeC2 over Starcraft 2 (and it was a whole lot cheaper). Haven't finished either game, but I preferred the more militarized style of Commander 2 and the fact it doesn't have an archaic battle system/AI stuck in 1996. For somebody who doesn't want to invest a lot of time in the genre, having units actually be able to fight in intelligent formations makes it a lot better.*

* I'm in the EXTREME minority, but I said it.

Rufus

verbatimo said:
Is it worth to buy King's Bounty Platinum Edition?

I already own Legend and would like to know are the expansions good.
Armoured Princess is great, I don't know anything about the other one, don't even remember the name, but it seems to add a lot of challenge type stuff. After Armoured Princess, I've had my fill of King's Bounty, so I didn't even put it on my list.

Smash88

Banned
Thanks speculawyer, I appreciate it. You deserve a lot more praise than what you receive.

Shanks said:
I'd be interested on going into a NyxQuest 10 pack. It's 15 dollars for 10 copies.

1. Shanks

You can contact speculawyer, he already bought the pack, I'm sure you can work something out.

vocab

verbatimo said:

You could just buy Ap for $6.25. Cross worlds isn't anything special from what I heard.

kuYuri

Question about GTA: EFLC...

If I buy it and install, do I launch it separately or launch vanilla GTAIV first then launch EFLC from within GTAIV or can it be done both ways?

About Rythm Zone, Can I use my Guitar Hero guitar and/or Rock Band drums with it?

Steam is being a bitch, it wouldn't let me install any of the Pulse pack games, so I deleted my .blob files assuming that would fix it, now can't access anything! :/

First time I've ever been locked out of my Steam games.

alf717

Strider2K99 said:
Question about GTA: EFLC...

If I buy it and install, do I launch it separately or launch vanilla GTAIV first then launch EFLC from within GTAIV or can it be done both ways?

Pretty sure it is just like the disc versions. They launch separately.

An-Det

Fireflu said:
Im very interested in the GTA episodes but fear my rig wont be up to par as ive heard GTA4 takes quite a lot to run well. (my set up = i5 750 (stock speed), 4gb ram, 1gb 5850).

If anyone with a similar set up could confirm that i can run this well would be great.

I built the exact same setup (though I've since upped to 8 gb of RAM), and GTA4 runs fucking beautifully. Once I finish the Lara Croft demo I'm going to buy the Episodes since I skipped over those in the last sale.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Alright! Picked up my first game during this sale. Guardian of Light is mine :D. For 50% off I can live with the slowdown. That and the co op :D

GC|Simon

8x Red Faction Guerrilla for just 19,99€. That means: Only 2,50 per game. If seven other persons want to buy this, I'm on board (living in Germany, PM me)!

duckroll

GC|Simon said:
8x Red Faction Guerrilla for just 19,99€. That means: Only 2,50 per game. If seven other persons want to buy this, I'm on board (living in Germany, PM me)!

You can start another pool on the Community thread. I'll be interested in joining in as well. Can pay via paypal.

(._.)

Banned
Tempted to get GTA:EP but I'll wait a bit for the complete pack to go on sale during the winter sale. I have a feeling it will.

I've completely avoided the Call of Duty games (at least the post-WWII ones), partially because I'm a SP-only kind of player. Is CoD4 worth it at that price point for SP only? Would like to see what all the fuss is about.

ZZMitch

DBebm5 said:
I've completely avoided the Call of Duty games (at least the post-WWII ones), partially because I'm a SP-only kind of player. Is CoD4 worth it at that price point for SP only? Would like to see what all the fuss is about.

Cod4 is probably the best Cod singleplayer by a large margian.

Salsa

BSjnu.png

good day

skipping this indie pack as i already own audiosurf and bit.trip.beat (on wiiware).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just finished Kane and Lynch 2, Steam reports "3 hours played', I'd guess around 3:15 based on that I finished started the 4th last level at 119 minutes played. The shooting and movement and cover is much better than the first game, but that's it. They totally removed the squad mechanics, the game is nothing but shooting and movement and cover, the plot is threadbare ("spoiler" alert: Kane and Lynch accidentally shoot mob bosses daughter 5 minutes into game, spend rest of game escaping China), and it's very short. Only one level, a helicopter level, mixes anything up. The environments are all very similar and there's nothing like the variety found in the first game.

Didn't bother to play co-op, multiplayer, or arcade mode.

Wasn't bad for $5 (wasn't good either), I have no idea how they tried to sell it for $50/60.

Forkball

speculawyer said:
Really? How? Where?
Sometimes sales from previous days linger for about an hour or so. If you're fast enough, you can get some deals from the previous day after they update with the new sale.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Any impressions on Wings of Prey? I know it has that shitty DRM and all but for $15 it's something I can live with. Also I'm a sucker for WWII aircraft.

Wallach

verbatimo said:

Armored Princess is an excellent sequel/expansion, definitely recommended if you liked King's Bounty at all. Have not played Crossroads yet, so I can't say on that one, but for the price I think it's hard to pass up.

Sgt.Pepper said:
After the new deals were up, the indie clever pack was still 5$ for like 15-30 minutes or so. It was still on the Most Sold tab. It doesn't appear anymore.
Damn . . . missed it.

But there was a story pack I had sent to my young daughter's account which we hadn't activated yet so I moved that one to the account for my nephew. :D I got myself that story pack so she can play those on my account.

Well, I'm out of dollars. I guess I'll miss the next deals =/

The monetary exchange is a pain here, I have to wait like 1-2 weeks to get only 400$.

Salsa

I think there's only Braid left for me. Splinter Cell Conviction must have a pretty good price for me to bite on that crappy drm.

And damn i still need to pre-order Super Meat Boy :lol i put that on hold when the sales began in fear of running out of money, guess i'll pre-order the day before launch.

An-Det

Just finished the Lara Croft demo, that was fantastic. Totally buying that, along with Episodes and the Indie Pack today.

Nert

Ugh, just bought another indie pack. The value associated with these packs has been incredible, but I know that I wont get around to playing most of these games : /

Smash88

Banned
:lol

Someone had the Sniper: Ghost Warrior DLC on their top 5. Jesus christ come on!

They updated the games awarded, some or just maddening to see get gifted. Why can't I be chosen! :D

Firestorm

PULSE PACK!!!
*buys*

Boo at not getting extra copies of Audiosurf and Beat Hazard to gift though =(

Edit: I like how I downloaded two of them in less than a minute. God it's way too easy to get games on Steam.

Salsa

Smash88 said:
They updated the games awarded, some or just maddening to see get gifted. Why can't I be chosen! :D

friend of mine won godammit! :lol

should be noted that he ALSO won a golden wrench in TF2 back then, what a lucky sonofabitch

Top Bottom