• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

ZZMitch

Well fuck it, just said whatever and bough Cod4... I bought Black Ops too, but I feel like the relative simplicity of Cod4 is a lot more fun after 30 hours of Black Ops multiplayer... just too much crazy shit like dolphin diving ruins it after a while.

Yay, got both of the first 2 Indie Packs, only played Recettear so far but I freaking love it <3 Also picked up COD Mw to last me until xmas when I can buy Black Ops and Lfd2 today.. I'm broke now ;(

Hixx

Bought EFLC, £5, can't go wrong.

A year or so ago I really wasn't interested in DD, I liked 'collecting' the physical media. But the DD sales are just so good it was pointless resisting in the end. Now I just hope my PC can do the game justice!

It's amazing to think that COD4 after 3 years and 3 new iterations still is that expensive. If this were a sports title, you wouldn't even be able to give it away.

JudgeN

Gotta say i'm disappointed with the sales so far, or maybe its a blessing. Only bought Crossworlds, think I'm wait till Christmas and see Tomb Raider goes on sale for cheaper. Where the LP2/DR2 75% off sales :lol

vocab

hyduK said:
Based on the history of these sales, what are the chances DA:O Ultimate Edition goes on sale?

Wait for Christmas. So far, there really hasn't been any real rpgs on sale (aside from KB), and I think most of the most wanted titles won't go on sale tomorrow or Monday.

wrowa

Will I like L4D2 when I don't have much experience with FPS and no experience whatsoever with online ones?

I don't think that I will buy it, but I'm at least thinking about it. Kinda.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
wrowa said:
Will I like L4D2 when I don't have much experience with FPS and no experience whatsoever with online ones?

Yes. My brother, who has never played a PC FPS, is having a blast with it.

Instro said:
Figured, Im like a plebian with my 108 games.:lol I badly need a new hdd though, 250gb just doesnt cut it with all these games anymore. Its too bad steam only allows you to install games to one drive.
About the same amount of games and I have the same problem too. Hopefully after christmas when I have money ill be able to build a gaming pc and put a nice, big hdd in there lol.

Nabs

wrowa said:

you dont need any fps experience. at all.

do yourself a favor and find people to play with. i'm sure some people are getting it on gaf.

bestami

Came home and checked the store immidiately. Only indie pack for me. I gotta say i'm not liking these deals nearly as much as last years.

Blizzard

Banned
Zzoram said:
Its a bad game. Even if you liked RTS you'd be better off paying full price for SC2 than this pile.

I just find it amusing that supcom2 has acquired such a bad reputation that everyone knows to stay away even when they're practically giving it away.
Well, I had been looking for opinions on whether supcom2 (without the $10 expansion/DLC) was worth $4. Looks like this may be such an opinion. :p No one wants to speak to the contrary?

ZZMitch

bestami said:
Came home and checked the store immidiately. Only indie pack for me. I gotta say i'm not liking these deals nearly as much as last years.

Steam sales must have been crazy last year then :lol This is the first major steam sale I have been a part of and I am overwhelmed!

Cronox

Banned
Dacvak said:
Anyone want to go in on a 10-pack of NyxQuest for $1.50 each? If I get, like, 5 or 6 people interested, I'll pull the plug and buy it.

I'll buy one for me and for a friend if you send me paypal info.

Also, looking to get in on a Liberty City episodes pack, just for myself this time.

Nabs

ZZMitch said:
Steam sales must have been crazy last year then :lol This is the first major steam sale I have been a part of and I am overwhelmed!
the christmas sale was crazy. get ready for that.

bestami said:

Yeah, maybe I have too many games, but I haven't been tempted by anything yet. :(

Nabs

Gully State said:
I'm hoping for NBA 2K11 to be discounted but I doubt that'll happen...
might have to wait for the christmas sale for that one

it was worth full price though

Nabs said:
might have to wait for the christmas sale for that one

it was worth full price though

I might just pick it up for full price since I'll probably put a ton of hours into it like I did with last year's version (only reason I haven't pulled the trigger really is that it's top 5 on my wish list right now and I'm hoping to score it for free---longshot I know but one can hope). I just don't want to be burned again with patching. The PC support last year was horrible as the PC community didn't get its patch until the regular season was essentially over.

bestami

The thing is, there used to be tons of games for lower than 10$, even 5$. I used to hate digital distrubution. Steam made me a believer because of those prices. I rarely buy a game for more than 10$ on sales because, if i am interested in a game i already buy it at retail and if i am not interested enough i am not going to pay for more than 10$.

At the moment i have 124 games on my steam list and except for the retail versions i don't think i paid more than 10$ for any of it (and i don't think i've played half of it :p).

IrishNinja

Nabs said:
the christmas sale was crazy. get ready for that.

buddy of mine recalls the $100 valve complete pack going for something like $25 at the end of last year's sale, is that true? if so, holy shit, i hope they do that again, can't say no to that price.

Salsa

damage so far since the sales started:

Counter Strike: Source
Indie Story Pack
Indie Clever Pack
Defense Grid
Audiosurf
Machinarium
Dawn of War II Gold
GTA IV: Episodes from liberty city
NyxQuest

so the usual: i end up buying almost everything :lol

I think there's only Braid left for me..

Raxus

SalsaShark said:
damage so far since the sales started:

Counter Strike: Source
Indie Story Pack
Indie Clever Pack
Defense Grid
Audiosurf
Machinarium
Dawn of War II Gold
GTA IV: Episodes from liberty city
NyxQuest

so the usual: i end up buying almost everything :lol

I think there's only Braid left for me..
You'd be wrong. Mwhahahaha.

I know because I have the same spending habits.

Batman, Defense Grid, Dawn of War Gold, and what would have been much more if I didn't already own most of the games on sale already (I really should buy more indie packs).

Picked up the King's Bounty pack. Was already thinking of getting the core + crossworlds pack before the sale hit, so I'm glad I waited.

Edit: Cool, it removes games from your wishlist automatically upon purchase.

vocab

IrishNinja said:
buddy of mine recalls the $100 valve complete pack going for something like $25 at the end of last year's sale, is that true? if so, holy shit, i hope they do that again, can't say no to that price.

It was never that low.

Owzers

King's Bounty Crossworlds is tempting but i still haven't started The Legend or Armored Princess yet! It seems like a game i'd like...if i only played it....

Top Bottom