• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Baha

mikespit1200 said:
Silly question: are we getting a new round of deals on Monday or is tomorrow the last day of deals?

Sale ends on Nov. 29 and there's still 2 indie packs left to go so there you go.

Baha

I know there was the Story & Clever indie packs. The OP had the information but it's been removed since the list got too big maybe.

[EDIT]Ah the Energy pack on the 24th, the Story pack on the 25th, the Clever pack on 26th & today was the Pulse pack.

The fact that I can't use more dollars until the 5th of December gives me a bad feeling on the stomach. I already missed Lara Croft and GOL; FUUUUUUUUUUUU

At least I got VVVVVVV dirt cheap.

IrishNinja

IrishNinja said:
huh....still a great package at that price.

hey, so im trying to play bit.trip.beat and after installing a few things, windows 7 boots it up but warns something's incompatible so it's going into basic color mode or whatever, and the game's stuck in window mode overlapping other programs, really makes it hard to play. any suggestions?

sorry to bump this, just wondering if i was flying solo here...i swear ill try the dumb gaming questions thread next if i get nothin'.

dragonflys545 said:
The indie pulse pack is awesome holy shit! Wait there's going to be more indie packs?
Seriously. I had always heard good things about Beat Hazard, but dang. Playing that with the right music is incredible. Polynomial/Bit.Trip are great as well. Such a great pack. :D

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
The fact that I can't use more dollars until the 5th of December gives me a bad feeling on the stomach. I already missed Lara Croft and GOL; FUUUUUUUUUUUU

At least I got VVVVVVV dirt cheap.
Don't sweat it. You still have time to stock up on cash so you'll be ready for the end of the year sale. That's usually the best sale all year.

Fredescu

IrishNinja said:
sorry to bump this, just wondering if i was flying solo here...i swear ill try the dumb gaming questions thread next if i get nothin'.
Can you just turn off windowed mode in the options? That basic colour mode thing happens from time to time, I wouldn't worry too much about that specifically.

shintoki said:
I decided to give it a try. I figure if it turns out good. I get the game a bit cheaper. If it turns out to be a wreck, I'll just pick it up later down the road for like 5$ when they have another steam sale for it.
It's a competent service and the DRM is probably manageable.

IrishNinja

Fredescu said:
Can you just turn off windowed mode in the options? That basic colour mode thing happens from time to time, I wouldn't worry too much about that specifically.

see, if i can, i'm not seeing it in the options...shit's overlaying all weirdlike. i can click options, then video or whatever, but not seeing any change from there. and yeah, i set that problem to "ignore" cause the game's colors look fine, its just the screen itself, i move the mouse too far over and boom, now im controlling steam or firefox again while missing blocks in the game.

IrishNinja

going to look harder next time, you're a saint. :D

seriously man, what's your steam? i need to gift you something for all your help.

Congrats! You are among the thirty winners of the third day of Steam's Give & Get Wishlist Sweepstakes. You can learn more about it at Steam. Here are the games you won from your wishlist:

The Witcher 2
Mass Effect 2
Darksiders
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
Sid Meier's Civilization V

If there are unreleased games on there, we'll add those when they become available. Please check your Steam account in a few hours to see that the games have been added.

Thanks for taking part in this! Happy Holidays from the Steam Team.

Thank you, Steam. :D

Baha

speculawyer said:
Do you know this or are you guessing?

The Indie Packs were revealed on the 1st day of the sale somewhere. I'll have to look for the list.

These are the remaining two:

Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis

I'm sure it was posted on GAF first but here's the link from CAG:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7874741&postcount=241

Fredescu

speculawyer said:
Do you know this or are you guessing?
- Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
- Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
- Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
- Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
- Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

IrishNinja said:
seriously man, what's your steam? i need to gift you something for all your help.
I didn't read that, I don't want to be spoiled!

IrishNinja said:
Going to the Steam Forum for that game is probably your best bet.

bdouble

Well I got the story pack and I'm thinking the Air pack will be my other purchase. Been meaning to get Gratuitous space battles for a while and Flotilla looked so damn cool especially after hearing it on Idlethumbs.

Fredescu said:
- Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
- Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
- Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
- Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
- Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover
Thanks for posting that.

Damn, I already have everything but GSB in the air pack. I've got most of the puzzle pack but I'll probably buy it for the rest. But I'm sure I'll buy a few of them for gifts.

Sysgen

Buttonbasher said:
Seriously. I had always heard good things about Beat Hazard, but dang. Playing that with the right music is incredible. Polynomial/Bit.Trip are great as well. Such a great pack. :D

Just got done with my first sessions with Bit.Trip.Beat and Beat Hazard. Awesome especially Beat Hazard with its crazy visuals.

Nabs

Hey guys, um... install Iron Grip from the Clever Pack. Make sure you get a few people to play co-op. It's a Tower Defense, First Person... RTS... and it's badass. I have 4 people into it now (including myself), it would be awesome if we could get 8 sometime.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Nabs said:
Hey guys, um... install Iron Grip from the Clever Pack. Make sure you get a few people to play co-op. It's a Tower Defense, First Person... RTS... and it's badass. I have 4 people into it now (including myself), it would be awesome if we could get 8 sometime.

Installing now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
We actually had to cut ourselves off in Iron Grip tonight. Last night things got out of hand and we went to bed at 4 in the morning. Tonight we stopped before 3!

Nabs said:
Uh . . . sounds interesting. I'll install.

Nabs said:

I'd be willing to join in, just let me know when.

Fireblend

Banned
Is the indie pack worth it if I already own Audiosurf and Beat Hazard? =/ bit.trip looks awesome, but I'm not very sure about the other two.

Top Bottom