• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

IrishNinja

huh....still a great package at that price.

hey, so im trying to play bit.trip.beat and after installing a few things, windows 7 boots it up but warns something's incompatible so it's going into basic color mode or whatever, and the game's stuck in window mode overlapping other programs, really makes it hard to play. any suggestions?

1-D_FTW

Blizzard said:
Well, I had been looking for opinions on whether supcom2 (without the $10 expansion/DLC) was worth $4. Looks like this may be such an opinion. :p No one wants to speak to the contrary?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24610403&postcount=1208

Did you put me on ignore?

Gaf seems to say it suffers from consolitis and hates it for that. It's still complicated as hell and has about 150 hotkeys. If you're just looking for something different and an RTS where you don't have to micromanage combat like your soldiers are all retarded, go for it.

Jimrpg

heya... im from Australia but I want to get L4D2? Is that the gimped version if i get it through Steam myself? If so can someone gift it to me? I'll pay them through Paypal, drop me a PM (probably tonite... im heading out right about now.)

Thanks heaps!

my steam user name is arbok

Wizpig

Good price for Left 4 Dead 2.

But... now i'm wondering if they also put Left 4 Dead 1 for cheap one of these days; did i miss it?

Blizzard

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24610403&postcount=1208

Did you put me on ignore?

Gaf seems to say it suffers from consolitis and hates it for that. It's still complicated as hell and has about 150 hotkeys. If you're just looking for something different and an RTS where you don't have to micromanage combat like your soldiers are all retarded, go for it.
Sorry, I guess I didn't notice your post skimming through that page. You do say you're in the minority though, and I'm really bad at RTS games. :p I haven't even gotten Starcraft 2, or finished Starcraft 1.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Picked up Kings Bounty pack since i dont have any of them, along with the pulse pack (already had audiosurf and beat hazard) and Lara Croft. 21$ not bad at all.

Kinda both glad and pissed i missed the first couple of days of deals though. Saved money but might have got great sales!

Least there's tomorrow and Monday.

:(

EDIT: also, how does installing something like Kings Bounty work? If i install crossworlds it says that it needs 10 gigs. Is that because it will install the base content too?

I imagine if i say to install all 3 it wont duplicate any uneeded files right?

vocab

~Kinggi~ said:
Picked up Kings Bounty pack since i dont have any of them, along with the pulse pack (already had audiosurf and beat hazard) and Lara Croft. 21$ not bad at all.

Kinda both glad and pissed i missed the first couple of days of deals though. Saved money but might have got great sales!

Least there's tomorrow and Monday.

:(

EDIT: also, how does installing something like Kings Bounty work? If i install crossworlds it says that it needs 10 gigs. Is that because it will install the base content too?

I imagine if i say to install all 3 it wont duplicate any uneeded files right?

Kings bounty: the legend is the first game, Armored Princess the second game, cross worlds is the second game + additional content. I'm pretty sure you don't even need to install armored princess if you have crossworlds.

Cruzader

Banned
Is the L4d2 deal ongoing for the rest of the day? Might buy it.

Anyhow is it possible to share the game to other ppl or is it only for 1 activation? Not a big steam user. Currently only have Deus ex and Portal.

Volcynika

Cruzader said:
Is the L4d2 deal ongoing for the rest of the day? Might buy it.

Anyhow is it possible to share the game to other ppl or is it only for 1 activation? Not a big steam user. Currently only have Deus ex and Portal.

Steam games are tied to your account.

L4D2 deal ends at 1PM EST tomorrow.

1-D_FTW

Blizzard said:
Sorry, I guess I didn't notice your post skimming through that page. You do say you're in the minority though, and I'm really bad at RTS games. :p I haven't even gotten Starcraft 2, or finished Starcraft 1.

A lot of the hate seems to be because it's been dumbed done for the unwashed console gamers. If you're not hardcore and if you suck at the genre, I'm not sure it's a bad thing. It's still super complicated like all RTS games. But IMO the combat is quite a bit easier if you don't want to invest time to become uber hardcore. You can group your units together and they'll fight somewhat competently without having to hold their hand on every move.

I've heard Warhammer is supposed to be the easiest RTS to get into, but I'm not big on the whole fantasy realm so I've never given it a shot.

Man, following up on how it's unreal that people didn't already have Portal (they gave it away for free), how did you guys make it this far without owning L4D2? That thing's like $5-10 every other week.

snack

I remember buying Left 4 Dead 2 in a four pack when it first came out. And now it's only $5? Everyone better buy this now. It's a steal, people!

L4D2 is far and away my most played Steam game. Versus mode is both fiendishly addictive or intensely frustrating depending on whether you have a good team. I could easily play two games back to back because they take so damn long, but I never seem to feel the time :lol

I can't believe it's only $5 a year after release.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I need to start showing a little constraint, so I only bought the Indie Pack and King's Bounty: Collection today.

Crossworlds will finally be what breaks me into this sale early tomorrow morning---such an insanely cheap price. I was doing so well with already having what suited me of the prior days too... :lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Beat Hazard (Shmup) is eye-straining as hell but .... strangely addicting. Its really good in accomplishing that you WANT to play more and WANT to beat that level. Especially on Hard. They randomly create the enemy pattern that come flying at you and it can get pretty hard BUT those levels stay the same for the next time you are playing this song. So even though they are random you can actually learn how to play the songs. And its a nice touch that when the music goes faster you actually have an easier time playing because your pew depends on the music. In some songs with slow middle pieces I really had to challenge myself to arrange a "flying" path that is safe after a few tries.

After playing for 3 minutes I was ready to dismiss this game as pretty shit btw. If you did the same after 1 try, give it another try with your favourite music and a bit patience. It really is good at sucking you in.

Forkball said:
I don't have L4D2. I'm just not into survival games and zombies so it never really interested me.
You play TF2, right? If you enjoy TF2, you'll enjoy L4D2. Just think of the hordes as lots of Scouts with Fishes and the specials as like the Heavy, Demoman, Sniper, and Pyro.

toasty_T said:
Listen to this man. Pennies are worthless so essentially it's free.
QVLpK.gif

I too dont have L4D2. I do want it, but being an Aussie, I still wouldn't pay $5 for the gimped version.

I want it in all its uncut glory :(

If anyone is willing to gift it to me as well, I would be happy to fix you up as well via paypal.

Steam id is Existanz

Nabs

Toma said:
Beat Hazard (Shmup) is eye-straining as hell but .... strangely addicting. Its really good in accomplishing that you WANT to play more and WANT to beat that level. Especially on Hard. They randomly create the enemy pattern that come flying at you and it can get pretty hard BUT those levels stay the same for the next time you are playing this song. So even though they are random you can actually learn how to play the songs. And its a nice touch that when the music goes faster you actually have an easier time playing because your pew depends on the music. In some songs with slow middle pieces I really had to challenge myself to arrange a "flying" path that is safe after a few tries.

After playing for 3 minutes I was ready to dismiss this game as pretty shit btw. If you did the same after 1 try, give it another try with your favourite music and a bit patience. It really is good at sucking you in.

i have to sit far away from my monitor

Fireflu

Whats up with the insane screen tearing going on in NyxQuest? It's just as bad when i enable/disable the option for Vsync. Its a shame because after trying the demo i really like the premise and the gameplay is solid, but the screen tearing is so incredibly bad it totally detracts from the fun. Any help?

Salaadin

Fireflu said:
Whats up with the insane screen tearing going on in NyxQuest? It's just as bad when i enable/disable the option for Vsync. Its a shame because after trying the demo i really like the premise and the gameplay is solid, but the screen tearing is so incredibly bad it totally detracts from the fun. Any help?

Have you tried d3doverrider?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366413

I never use in game Vsync options anymore and just use that.

RyuHayate

I have more copies of Freedom Force to give away... but I'll be damned if I don't make you guys earn it!

So, without further ado...

-RYUHAYATE'S VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE CH-CH-CHALLENGE: ROUND DUECE-

Which celebrated game designer believes that 70% of his body is composed of movies?

First responder wins!

RyuHayate said:
I have more copies of Freedom Force to give away... but I'll be damned if I don't make you guys earn it!

So, without further ado...

-RYUHAYATE'S VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE CH-CH-CHALLENGE: ROUND DUECE-

Which celebrated game designer believes that 70% of his body is composed of movies?

First responder wins!

Kojima?

RyuHayate said:
That was fast! Congratulations!

Please PM me with your preferred method of delivery (directly to your Steam ID or via e-mail).

Yay, the last thing I won was a boombox when I was eight years old at a school raffle.

Thanks!

Only played the first few levels, but that Lara Croft game is fantastic. A lot better than I expected. Has a very arcadey feel to it, which I like.

Top Bottom