• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Stallion Free said:
We actually had to cut ourselves off in Iron Grip tonight. Last night things got out of hand and we went to bed at 4 in the morning. Tonight we stopped before 3!

So it's safe to say that the game has you in its... iron grips?

I'm sorry

Bii

Fireblend said:
Is the indie pack worth it if I already own Audiosurf and Beat Hazard? =/ bit.trip looks awesome, but I'm not very sure about the other two.

I don't know if it's worth it, but I was in the same boat as you. The way I see it, I'm paying $5 for the other three. I'm sure Bit.Trip Beat will at least justify the $5 price tag (based on impressions, word of mouth, etc.).

I got GTA EFLC installed. What settings should I reduce without diminishing the overall look too much?

Everything is on highest from auto configure with night shadows off and I'm getting around 40fps with some high 20s dips.

Just signed and This is the first time i purchased stuff on steam(was waiting for the deals to get stuff for cheap :D )

So far i got:

Supreme Commander 2 (now i kinda regret it, people are saying it isn't a good game)
The Indie Audio pack (i regret missing the clever pack :()
King's bounty platinum

Because these were the ones interests me the most, for now :)

I don't mind recommendations too!

Cronox

Banned
Holy shit at beat hazard. I finally played it for a bit and gaaaaaaaaddaaaaaammmmn. So many particle effects going off everywhere. My eyes are watering now. But it was fun. I think it really depends on song selection. I took a 6 minute long medley that left me with a pretty tense 20 seconds or so between transitions where my ship had basically nothing to shoot.

Wish I had the extra difficulties unlocked from the start...

ne1

MarshMellow96 said:
Fuck it, bought COD4 instead of NBA Jam. Figured it'll never get any lower. Jam on the other hand... =/
It really feels like it won't, doesn't it? =(
As someone who haven't played any of the recent CODs and likes for example TF2, BFBC2, Quake and particularly enjoys teamplay aspects; would you guys recommend finally caving in and trying it, despite the high price?

Bought the indie-pack and king's bounty platinum of today's sale. I love heroes of might and magic so I've been meaning to try king's bounty anyway.

All the King's Bounty games for $8.75? That's got to be one of the best values in terms of hours of relentlessly tedious gameplay per buck ever on Steam.

Picked up the Pulse indie pack myself. Since I didn't own a single game in it that was a no brainer for $5. Now I've just got to rip some of my music onto my gaming PC so I have some tracks to seed these games with. I'll actually have to dig for my CDs as I usually just use Rhapsody these days, too bad there is no way to stream DRMed music into the games for gameplay.

Congrats to Armada for winning the wishlist contest as well, I'd be going nuts if it was me.

thy_

Firestorm said:
what the hell is going on in the polynomial
i have no idea
what

Pretty straight forward:
  • you pick a song (or playlist)
  • you adapt the visualization to your liking
  • and you try to shoot as much enemies in 1min/5min/1h/... as you can

or alternatively just flying around and tripping out

TheFightingFish said:
All the King's Bounty games for $8.75? That's got to be one of the best values in terms of hours of relentlessly tedious gameplay per buck ever on Steam.
Recettear for $1 has to be close. *goes back to playing Recettear*

RJT

I want everything today... I'ma probably go with L4D2 and King's bounty. Is Amirox killing people that don't buy Lara Croft?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, I missed Alpha Protocol :( How much was it? Has anyone an unused code to sell?

duckroll

It should be mentioned that Alpha Protocol has an official from Sega now which completely removes all DRM. So it really doesn't matter where you buy it from. The game doesn't support Steam achievements or anything cool either, so there's no advantage to buying it on Steam.

duckroll said:
It should be mentioned that Alpha Protocol has an official from Sega now which completely removes all DRM. So it really doesn't matter where you buy it from. The game doesn't support Steam achievements or anything cool either, so there's no advantage to buying it on Steam.
Except having it on Steam.

Spwn

Fireblend said:
Is the indie pack worth it if I already own Audiosurf and Beat Hazard? =/ bit.trip looks awesome, but I'm not very sure about the other two.

I had Audiosurf and Beat Hazard too and I'd say get it for bit.trip. It really is awesome.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Already own Bit Trip Beat on WiiWare and iPhone - but playin it with a mouse on PC is pretty cool too. For 5 bucks its a no brainer.

MNC

Really contemplating on buying the new indie pulse pack. I don't really need the games... I don't really need the games....

Oh God. I downloaded Steam 4 days ago, and I'm scared at how easy it is to spend so much money on it. These sales are insane. I've already bought the following:

Indie Pack (Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, BIT.TRIP.BEAT, Rhythm Zone, The Polynomial)
Indie Pack (Doc Clock, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo)
Left 4 Dead 2
Poker Night at the Inventory
Sam & Max Season 3
Super Meat Boy

The real kicker is that I can't even play most of these right now, on account of how I use a shitty laptop. I bought them simply so that I'll have them ready for when I eventually get a proper computer fit for gaming, which could still be a ways off yet.

I'm still pissed off that I missed the indie pack with Reccetear though. I don't even care much about the other games in it; I wanted it just for that.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to buy a gift now, but delay it until a certain date. For instance, buying Lara Croft today, but having it only show up as a gift on december 5th on the recipients account?

Ben2749 said:
Oh God. I downloaded Steam 4 days ago, and I'm scared at how easy it is to spend so much money on it. These sales are insane. I've already bought the following:

Indie Pack (Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, BIT.TRIP.BEAT, Rhythm Zone, The Polynomial)
Indie Pack (Doc Clock, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo)
Left 4 Dead 2
Poker Night at the Inventory
Sam & Max Season 3
Super Meat Boy

The real kicker is that I can't even play most of these right now, on account of how I use a shitty laptop. I bought them simply so that I'll have them ready for when I eventually get a proper computer fit for gaming, which could still be a ways off yet.

I'm still pissed off that I missed the indie pack with Reccetear though. I don't even care much about the other games in it; I wanted it just for that.

I did the same thing last year. And now I do have a gaming rig, so I've been enjoying all the money I saved from the 2009 Holiday Deals.
:D

thy_

Fallout-NL said:
Does anyone know whether it's possible to buy a gift now, but delay it until a certain date. For instance, buying Lara Croft today, but having it only show up as a gift on december 5th on the recipients account?

You can keep a gift to yourself as long as you like. Just send it to your own e-mail address and you can resend it at any later date. (to a different e-mail address or to a specific account on your friend list)

In Steam: Games-> Manage Gifts and Guest Passes...

thy_ said:
You can keep a gift to yourself as long as you like. Just send it to your own e-mail address and you can resend it at any later date. (to a different e-mail address or to a specific account on your friend list)

In Steam: Games-> Manage Gifts and Guest Passes...

Ah ok, great. Thanks!

Zzoram

Anyone find it ridiculously hard to level up adventurers other than Louie in Recettear? By the time you get the Thief and Mage, Louie is like 10 levels above them and even going to older areas the Mage struggles to get by because of a super slow attack animation and low HP.

Ledsen

TheFightingFish said:

Picked up the Pulse indie pack myself. Since I didn't own a single game in it that was a no brainer for $5. Now I've just got to rip some of my music onto my gaming PC so I have some tracks to seed these games with. I'll actually have to dig for my CDs as I usually just use Rhapsody these days, too bad there is no way to stream DRMed music into the games for gameplay.

Congrats to Armada for winning the wishlist contest as well, I'd be going nuts if it was me.

Hey, don't be like that!

I only managed to play 7 hours of the first King's Bounty before I got kinda tired of it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Schmattakopf said:
It's a competent service and the DRM is probably manageable.
What's this Securom DRM? I tinkered with it for a bit.

I notice they have an Activation limit and Deactivation limit. Activation replenishes itself after De, but De seems to be limited. So how would I go about getting more, 2nd is there just a way to remove the bloody shit?

Hypertrooper said:
Fu** I want Left 4 Dead 2 but not the cut version :/ Stupid germany.

Ask someone to gift you the game, either in this topic or here. If you can get someone from the US or UK to gift it, you can get it even cheaper!

KPunk

so far i've only bought kane and lynch 2...i figured for $5 bucks what the hell, any games worth $5. thats it so far...

Fireblend said:
Yes. Three more good music/rhythm games.

These indie packs are generally great deals even if you already own one or two of the games. If you own none of the games, they are complete no-brainers that everyone should buy . . . games for $1 a piece! And there is always at least one gem in the pack that is well worth the $5.

Jzero15 said:
Left 4 Dead 2 for $5 was pretty good, but if they keep selling cheap games i want im going to go broke.
Welcome to Steam. :D

MNC said:
Really contemplating on buying the new indie pulse pack. I don't really need the games... I don't really need the games....

$1/game. How can you say no?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So how is NyxQuest ? Never played it on WiiWare.... ..

btw. anyone playing bit trip beat ? add me to your friendlist for high.score comparison... ( hatake_rb)

Proc

Nothing for me today.

Polynomial looked cool on the quick look, however I don't see myself playing those other games for very long. If I hadn't already owned audiosurf I probably would have picked it up.

I also haven't completed the original kings bounty, otherwise I'd be all over that pack.

Decent, deals, especially if you don't already have l4d2.

edit: eff it, I'm getting the indie pack. Beat hazzard looks super fun.

Top Bottom