• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Shaneus

I'm keen on AP if it's not too much trouble to gift (and I think we have Steam Wallet which makes it easer, doesn't it?) but otherwise I'll just buy it myself... as Kritz said it's only a buck or two more to buy it in Australia.

Gonna jump on Prototype, too... enjoyed it on 360 while I had it, I imagine the PC port should be okay too.

ithorien

Shaneus said:
I'm keen on AP if it's not too much trouble to gift (and I think we have Steam Wallet which makes it easer, doesn't it?) but otherwise I'll just buy it myself... as Kritz said it's only a buck or two more to buy it in Australia.

Gonna jump on Prototype, too... enjoyed it on 360 while I had it, I imagine the PC port should be okay too.

It's pretty good on PC, but it definitely handles better with a gamepad.

stuminus3

BGBW said:
Would it be silly not to get not to get Deus Ex for £1.50?
No, it wouldn't be silly. It would be utterly insane to miss it. It's still a fantastic game, ugly as sin graphics aside. But for the record, it looked like a well spanked arse a decade ago, too.

.nimrod

luiztfc said:
For those who want to join the borderlands pack: just pm me with your steam account. The moment, we get 5 people (and me), I'll buy and send you the game.

Dorkimoe, DUFFMCWALIN, .nimrod (x2) have priority. If you are uncomfortable with me buying the game (for I am a humble junior), I don't mind if you want to captain this.
pm sent! :D

Shaneus

ithorien said:
It's pretty good on PC, but it definitely handles better with a gamepad.
I have a 360 wired pad I use on PC. Justification enough!

PS. Now I have a somewhat kickarse PC, anyone want to recommend some good eyecandy games (that are actually good) to add to my wishlist? Stalker 2 isn't on there yet but anything else I'll put on for shits and giggles.

vocab

Shaneus said:
I have a 360 wired pad I use on PC. Justification enough!

PS. Now I have a somewhat kickarse PC, anyone want to recommend some good eyecandy games (that are actually good) to add to my wishlist? Stalker 2 isn't on there yet but anything else I'll put on for shits and giggles.

Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines. DO IT

Fredescu

Shaneus said:
good eyecandy games (that are actually good)
Metro 2033, Crysis, Dawn of War 2: Chaos Theory (with all the effects turned up it looks nice and makes my 4890 chug!), Mafia II, Mirror's Edge.

John

Baha said:
How is Alpha Protocol with a mouse & keyboard?
iron sight sensitivity is too slow, freelook is too fast (and broken unless you turn off level streaming in the ini)

So for most of these games (Deus Ex, Borderlands, RUSE) they are in both a daily deal and a multipack deal. So it stands to reason that the other multipacks being added to the Steam registry that LovingSteam posted in the main steam thread will probably be getting daily sales as well.

Here is the list (all credit to LovingSteam)

I've spoilered in case folks like a suprise, but I personally like to know about other possible daily deals before I make any moves.
Mount and Blade Warband 6-pack
GTA Liberty Cities pack
Red Faction Guerrilla 8-pack
Splinter Cell Conviction 6-pack
Just Cause 2 8-pack
World of Goo 12-pack
Racettear 8-pack
Alien vs. Predator 6-pack
Braid 10-pack

IrishNinja

unf. would double dip on
braid
for a few bucks, totally looking at
Racettear
if that happens ($10 or bust!).

needs moar vampire: masquerade pack.

Shaneus

Fredescu said:
Metro 2033, Crysis, Dawn of War 2: Chaos Theory (with all the effects turned up it looks nice and makes my 4890 chug!), Mafia II, Mirror's Edge.
Awesome! Already have most of those (or plan to get, a la Crysis) and I think you meant Chaos Rising... unless you're talking about Splinter Cell :lol

Nabs

he also mentioned:

Left 4 Dead 2 - 10 pack
Puzzle Quest 2 - 10 pack
Defense Grid: TA - 10 pack
Audiosurf - 12 pack

Fireflu

Hey guys, just wondering if there were any other borderlands packs going around. If so id be more than willing to chip in for a copy.

Salsa

I cant recommend Borderland engouh, if you are on the fence: get it. You wont regret it (specially if you have fellow Gaffers to play with). Here's hoping the DLCs go on sale as well.

JudgeN

Come on wishlsit :D

1. Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga
2. Witcher 2
3. Deus Ex 3
4. Dungeon Siege 3
5. Dawn of War II: Retribution

stuminus3

Deadstar said:
Is the Devil's Playground any good? I liked Sam and Max back in the day but have only played a bit of the new stuff.
Devil's Playground is the best adventure game made since the glory days of the genre. Dare I say it, it's right up there with Lucasarts classics like Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, and Grim Fandango.

But it's possible that I'm not allowed to recommend Telltale games on GAF anymore so my opinion may not count. :lol

Luigi87

Deadstar said:
Is the Devil's Playground any good? I liked Sam and Max back in the day but have only played a bit of the new stuff.

Easily the best of the three seasons of Telltale Sam & Max games, but unless you've played seasons 1 & 2, I find it hard to recommend, due to many references to those seasons, and that majority of the characters are introduced in s1 & s2.

Salsa

My wishlist:

Fz6aO.jpg

It was pretty different but you guys convinced me to put games that arent available even for pre-order yet. I still dont know if they count though :/

Also i already played Black Ops but from a friend's copy as i only wanted it for the SP campaign, but whatever, if i win this ill join the MP fun.

ithorien

SalsaShark said:
It was pretty different but you guys convinced me to put games that arent available even for pre-order yet. I still dont know if they count though :/

Just add games that are available in the other 5 slots, that way you're not disqualifying yourself.

Chinner said:
how do you take things of your wishlist or edit the placing?

Click your wishlist, everything's there.

Salsa

ithorien said:
Just add games that are available in the other 5 slots, that way you're not disqualifying yourself.

So it works like that ?

i dont know if im following..

edit: Oh right youre saying that if i win i could probably get my 5 to 10 picks if not-available games dont count

Luigi87

My list.

Portal
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Come on whomever is randomly picking winners -- please make my dreams come true!

ithorien

SalsaShark said:
So it works like that ?

i dont know if im following..

Well no, I'm saying just in case. Let's say your top 5 has all unavailable games. Add available games on 6-10, and in case you win but pre-orders don't qualify, there are 5 games you can get.

ithorien said:
Well no, I'm saying just in case. Let's say your top 5 has all unavailable games. Add available games on 6-10, and in case you win but pre-orders don't qualify, there are 5 games you can get.
Valve confirmed prepurchases are eligible. If you can add it to the wish list it's eligible.

Salsa

Shame i cant get Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition on my region :/

My list ended up being an FPS fest :lol

LovingSteam said:
Valve confirmed prepurchases are eligible. If you can add it to the wish list it's eligible.

Yeah i know that much, but i dont know it would work with games like RAGE or Portal 2 wich arent available even for Pre-order.

Ill still take their word that if you can add it, you can win it.

Facism

well, sorted out the wishlist on my steam account, as has my brother on his.

fingers crossed, but i never win anything so the days will pass with nothing lol :(

Top Bottom