• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Salsa

SalsaShark said:
dammit, i didnt go to the bank today :( guess i'll miss today's daily deals

Also this week's my payday and that money is already GONE, damn you steam

So this shit happens to me everytime.. but does anybody feel like gifting me CS:Source ? Not sure if im gonna make it to this daily deal and ive been wanting to play that for a while now, i'll be able to pay up through paypal tomorrow, or in the worst case scenario later this week. Kinda embarrasing how much Steam favors GAF's been doing me over the years but im known to always pay! :lol

DieH@rd

Banned
duckroll said:
http://store.steampowered.com/

This year's Steam sale for Black Friday is gift themed. There are still single items on sale each day, but the main events are gift packs in 6, 8, or 10 packs. Like previous years, every day has different items on sale. This year, Steam is also having a sweepstakes contest for all members. Anyone who makes a list of 10 or more games on their wishlist will stand a chance of getting their top 5 choices for free. 30 winners are selected every day at random.

Excelent, thanks for the heads up! I made my wishlist with a lot of care, im gonna jump from joy if they pick me. :D

2luwao0.jpg

trinest

Lafiel said:
I think only certain games are eligible. I can't seem to get civilization V or amnesia to appear on the contest top 10 wish-list.
You can modify the order in the wishlist page.

Civ V was still on my wishlist for some reason and was number one :/ couldn't have that.

My top 10:
1. Homefront
2. 007 BloodStone
3. Portal 2
4. Ruse
5. Rage
6. Sim City 4
7. Spore
8. Machairum
9 Flight Control HD
10. Meat Boy

UrbanRats

I had a few questions regarding both Alpha Protocol & Prototype:

1) Are they 360 pad compatible?

2) Do they have any particular bug/problem running? (sorry, but after buying City XXL, i'm kinds worried).

Ikopi

UrbanRats said:
I had a few questions regarding both Alpha Protocol & Protorype:

2) Do they have any particular bug/problem runnining? (sorry, but after buying City XXL, i'm kinds worried).

AP:
1) Yes
2) No (although you might want to read up a faq on building a decent character, if you go the wrong way in using your specs you might end up getting stuck on harder parts such as boss fights)

gotee12

ZZMitch said:
Well I already have TF2 and Portal :D
I'm with you. I've been pc gaming for a month now. I have played the Orange Box on the 360 but HL2 just didn't hit me like Portal did. But for $2, I'll jump back into HL2.

btw, I pm'd rickA238 as well...

Instro

UrbanRats said:
I had a few questions regarding both Alpha Protocol & Protorype:

2) Do they have any particular bug/problem runnining? (sorry, but after buying City XXL, i'm kinds worried).

Dunno about AP since I just bought it, but Im pretty sure Prototype allows for 360 controller support. Also it doesnt have any bugs, or at least none that I recall, its been awhile. Prototype is a really fun game, so Id recommend it.

Kerrinck

SalsaShark said:
So this shit happens to me everytime.. but does anybody feel like gifting me CS:Source ? Not sure if im gonna make it to this daily deal and ive been wanting to play that for a while now, i'll be able to pay up through paypal tomorrow, or in the worst case scenario later this week. Kinda embarrasing how much Steam favors GAF's been doing me over the years but im known to always pay! :lol

Shoot me a pm if you still need help.

Dizzy-4U

SalsaShark said:
Give me your steam name, I'll give it a try. My credit card is at the limit, so I can't promise it'll work.

Teknoman

DieH@rd said:
Excelent, thanks for the heads up! I made my wishlist with a lot of care, im gonna jump from joy if they pick me. :D

Off-topic, but whats the story behind that avatar? I've seen the Old Snake version of it too, but never got around to asking :lol

Salsa

Dizzy-4U said:
Give me your steam name, I'll give it a try. My credit card is at the limit, so I can't promise it'll work.

Kerrinck already offered to help me out, but thanks anyway Araceli :D

GAF is kind

SupaNaab

I hope Valve monitors the wishlists to help determine Steam users "most wished for" for future deals. Otherwise this is a cool way to get users to browse the store and even their friends wishlists as they try to modify their own.

IrishNinja

yeah, Alpha Protocol with a 360 pad looks bought. should i do the Deus Ex collection or just GOTY? is it worth $2.50 to find out a lot of you guys were right about Invisible War?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
The wishlists were probably extremely underused. Now they want to juice 'em up artificially with this to later gather some data for statistical analysis that helps them make statements about anticipation of titles on the platform, buy hesitation and shit like that.

As long as I win, I don't give a dang.

Edit: And you guys with the Bloodlines… Gawd. You're getting on my nerves. The game's been out for years and years, it's been stated over and over again that it's super-awesome. You haven't bought it so far, so maybe it's actually not for you.

Salsa

Thanks again to Kerrick for helping me out with CS:Source :D

Also i got a guest pass for it, so if anyone wants it just quote me.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Lasthope106 said:
You don't have to have only 10 items - the thing just takes a while to update the list in the contest page.

You must have at least 10 games in your list:

Eligibility: Entry open to any user holding a Steam account in good standing, who completes a Wish List with at least ten (10) single game titles...

MoFuzz

LovingSteam said:
Duck,

You may want to add that Valve will be contacting the winners DAILY via the email registered to their account.
Can you use your magic Steam insider powers and provide us with the list of winners each day? That way, any GAF members who win may be properly (and rightfully) ostracized by the rest of the forum.

Teknoman

Lostconfused said:
Anyone link one of the best Alpha Protocol reviews? Well I am doing it anyway.

:lol I need to start watching those.

IrishNinja said:
yeah, Alpha Protocol with a 360 pad looks bought. should i do the Deus Ex collection or just GOTY? is it worth $2.50 to find out a lot of you guys were right about Invisible War?

Just buy the first one for 2.49.

EDIT: Glad the Borderlands pack is selling well.

Here's my wish list. I think I'll have a heart attack if I win :lol

Call of Duty: Black Ops
The Witcher 2
Portal 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Assassin's Creed 2

I'm in for the Recettear big-pack.

Is it possible to put all the packs that were discovered in the OP so we can make groups early?

Calantus

DieH@rd said:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2luwao0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

replace brink with homefront and that's my list :lol

stuminus3

IrishNinja said:
IW is totally worth it for $2.50, and yes, I know what EvilLore posted about it recently, I largely agree with it. I've still beaten it two or three times over the years.

Regardless of the mistakes made in it's development, there's actually still very few games like it. The biggest issue I have with in in 2010 is that the maps are broken up into chunks that are way too small compared to the original, apparently a limitation of the Xbox version. The wrong engine for the wrong game, I guess.

ithorien

My top 5 consists of:

Team Fortress 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Portal 2
Witcher 2
Mass Effect 2

And I just realized every game but Deus Ex is a sequel with a '2' in the title.

Instro

vocab said:
Fukomoto for the win.

Still waiting on more Kaiji anime :(.

.nimrod said:
I don't think there has been a single group yet :'(

Probably because a ton of people picked it up during the holiday sale last year at the same price(myself included), plus the DLC was also on sale at that time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would it be silly not to get not to get Deus Ex for £1.50?

I really am behind on playing most of the PC classics.

Top Bottom