• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

top5.jpg

I've got so many games now... struggling to come up with a decent list.

Like, 3 of my top 5 are GFWL titles :lol if i'm in for a chance to get them for free then so be it, dead rising 2, resi 5 & fallout 3 goty, Guild wars complete and Recettear for good measure.

Alpha Protocol is the worst game I have played in years, for ANY price, and most likely the worst game I have ever finished.

Remember how bad the shooting was at the beginning of ME1? This game is like that the whole time, only worse.
Remember how bland and generic male Shepard can be? The main dude in this game makes Shepard look like an academy award winner by comparison.
Remember how fulfilling and engaging ME2's main storyline was? Well this game is just like that, only more boring and generic! Here's a synopsis for you; corporations are bad. THE END.

But yeah, maybe AP has some user created mods that make the game worth playing on the PC. That's how Obsidian games have worked for the last 2 generations, right?

RedSwirl

Hellsing321 said:
Fuck. Stay strong. Stay strong.

I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol.

kamspy

I couldn't help but make all mine unreleased, full priced games. Rage, Homefront, Witcher 2, Test Drive 2 and Deus Ex.

RedSwirl said:
I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol. I don't need Alpha Protocol.

You actually shouldn't live another day without it. It's a freaking spy RPG. What more needs to be said?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Diablohead said:
Like, 3 of my top 5 are GFWL titles :lol if i'm in for a chance to get them for free then so be it, dead rising 2, resi 5 & fallout 3 goty, Guild wars complete and Recettear for good measure.
Dead Rising was showing up for me as a pre-order and during the first week of it being out. So I added it to my wishlist.

Since them, the game has been pulled from the store for me (I'm from Brazil), but it's still in my wishlist. I wonder if I win, they will still give it to me, even tho i'm on a country that doesn't have it, change to the next game on the list or find somebody else to give their free shit to.

pilonv1

Looks like they've removed all the publisher packs, I can't find the Square Enix one or the THQ one. Or do they only put them together for sales?

RedSwirl said:
It'll probably be this price again in the holiday sale proper, if you want to wait.

UrbanRats

Unicorn said:
I'm looking at my list but see no options.
To add a game, you go to the game's page and (on the right) click on "add to wishlist".
To remove one, go in the wishlist page and under the game's name, click on "remove".
To reorder your WL, simply drag and trop the games' tabs in the wishlist page and then click "Save" (up on the left).

EDIT: and if you don't see a remove option, it may be because you are not logged in , check it out

Unicorn

Am I only able to remove via the Steam.exe and not the website?

UrbanRats said:
To add a game, you go to the game's page and (on the right) click on "add to wishlist".
To remove one, go in the wishlist page and under the game's name, click on "remove".
To reaorder your WL, simply drag and trop the games' tabs in the wishlist page and then click "Save" (up on the left).

I'm able to add via the website but none of the other options are available.

Jin34

Unicorn said:
How do I edit my wishlist, i.e. add/remove or re-order the games in the list?

Go to store tab and just above the search bar is the wishlist link. In there you can drag n drop them.

Anyone have some recommendations for the wishlist? Having a hard time thinking of some games, just put a few that popped in my head like Witcher 2 etc.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Unicorn said:

As you've already been told, you're not logged in. Yes, I know you typed in your username and password and pressed login. You're not logged in. Look at the top of the webpage. You're not logged in.

SlickVic

Hoping they have New Vegas for $25-$30 either here or the holiday sale since I couldn't get in on that D2D deal. Pretty much have everything else I want on PC.

Joe Molotov

Buttonbasher said:
It'll probably be this price again in the holiday sale proper, if you want to wait.

"Waiting is for tiny, baby men. You should spend all of your soviet rubles now, make economy strong, make your Steam e-peen grow large and mighty!"
/
2vdjvqg.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
Is Deus Ex still really good or is it like the old AvP where you get it off Steam for insanely cheap and you feel like it wasn't worth it because it hasn't aged well.

1-D_FTW

Rodney McKay said:
Alpha Protocol is the worst game I have played in years, for ANY price, and most likely the worst game I have ever finished.

Remember how bad the shooting was at the beginning of ME1? This game is like that the whole time, only worse.
Remember how bland and generic male Shepard can be? The main dude in this game makes Shepard look like an academy award winner by comparison.
Remember how fulfilling and engaging ME2's main storyline was? Well this game is just like that, only more boring and generic! Here's a synopsis for you; corporations are bad. THE END.

But yeah, maybe AP has some user created mods that make the game worth playing on the PC. That's how Obsidian games have worked for the last 2 generations, right?

http://fidgit.com/archives/2010/06/11_ways_alpha_protocol_is_bett.php

You may be right, but I'm going with Tom Chick on this one. It's only 7.50. I'll live if it sucks.

Instro

Unicorn said:

Yes you need to do it through Steam.

dorkimoe

DUFFMCWALIN said:
Same here. If it comes out ill set up a group and everyone can pay me back via paypal.
:)

as long as its less than or equal to 10$ (which im sure it will be) count me in and ill pay you the same day

steamid is username

Fredescu

Not debating this with you, just providing an alternate viewpoint.

Rodney McKay said:
The shooting is pretty janky like most RPG shooters I guess, but there are some cool skills that add some fun to it, like chain shot with pistols. It's easy to make the combat boring for yourself though. If you want a challenge, stay away from Assault Rifles. They make things too easy.

Rodney McKay said:
Thorton has some very well written dialog that, for me at least, was laugh out loud funny a couple of times. I found that his personality varied a lot more than Shephard in Mass Effect, and the Recruit/Veteran options add further variation to that. I think he's voice acted fairly competently too (obviously not on the same level as femshep).

Rodney McKay said:
Remember how fulfilling and engaging ME2's main storyline was? Well this game is just like that, only more boring and generic! Here's a synopsis for you; corporations are bad.
Corporations are bad, and you can join them and be bad too if you want! For a relatively short game there are a myriad of choices and different outcomes. Mass Effect 2 is pretty much gather companions, watch companions die, kill bad guy.

Rodney McKay said:
There are pretty much no mods that I know of. Just one possibly leaked patch that only works works with the US retail version.

I would never recommend Alpha Protocol to someone that couldn't handle a bit of jank though. If you can appreciate choice and consequence and some clever dialog, it's worth three boxes of cereal and a few hours of your time at least. If you can put up with the combat, multiple playthroughs have the potential to be quite varied and very rewarding too. For the record, I really liked ME2 also.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
SalsaShark said:
Man getting the list down to 5 is hard as hell :lol

I want to put RAGE in there and im thinking about switching it for Black Ops. But if i do that i practically wont have any game to play right now if i win this thing.
If you were to actually win a couple hundred dollars worth of free games, you should be able to afford something else at <$10 to fill in the time. :D

Kuroyume said:
Is Deus Ex still really good or is it like the old AvP where you get it off Steam for insanely cheap and you feel like it wasn't worth it because it hasn't aged well.
If you want a game like Deus Ex there's only Deus Ex. If you want a game like AvP there's a bunch of other games out there. In that sense it's aged better I guess!

It really depends on what you want out of it, if you don't like the shooting you can always go stealth etc. It's not really comparable to AvP that way.

I'd say that it's pretty hard to not have a good time with it.

Roofy

I'm so happy that every time i see a new game released i automatically add it to my wishlist :D :D

thank you twig for getting me into the habit of this :lol

faceless007 said:
Hmm, there's a game on my wishlist that appears to have been removed from the system (and apparently from the Internet). "I'm Not Alone." Reviews are pretty bad so I wouldn't but I wonder what would happen if it was in my top 5.

I bet this is one of the reasons they want you to have 10 games in your wishlist.

Top Bottom