• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

dorkimoe said:
:)

as long as its less than or equal to 10$ (which im sure it will be) count me in and ill pay you the same day

steamid is username
sounds good if it comes out ill post everyones name whose in and divide it up evenly.

Baha

rohlfinator said:
It looks like you can only add the main game to your wishlist. I tried adding the Mass Effect 2 Deluxe Whatever and DA:O Ultimate Edition, but they just show up as the vanilla games.

Are you in Europe?

Beck

I jumped on Alpha Protocol right away. Played through it on 360 and PC (retail) five time before and I'm willing to throw an extra seven-fifty to have it on steam :D

steamwishlist.jpg

I'm hoping for some great sales, but I expect Steam to hold them off for another month =P

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
No sales today, but I'm interested in joining in for packs on Warband and Recattar

Anyways, my Wishlist

Red Och 2
Dungeon Defenders
Witcher 2
Portal 2
Warband, I may switch out for Recattar

DSN2K

I remember DX:IW thread, I was first person to moan about the game from the demo, even had shots up to bitch! mind Im still tempted to get it! :lol

Fredescu

arts&crafts said:
why is alpha protocol, only 1gig? not that I am complaining per say, but did this not come out in 2010?
Someone mentioned that earlier. I'm fairly sure it's a misprint and it's actually 12GB. It says it requires 12GB of free space in the sys reqs.

Fredescu said:
Someone mentioned that earlier. I'm fairly sure it's a misprint and it's actually 12GB. It says it requires 12GB of free space in the sys reqs.

Ahh im installing now I will either confirm or deny when its done

Roofy

i know this might be out of place but does anyone know what kind of DRM PB Winterbottom uses on steam? I always get antsy when i have to click that extra "next" button :lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Teknoman said:
Need more recent Alpha Protocol impressions, i'm THIS close to grabbing it.

I thought it was fantastic. The closest thing we've gotten to a real Deus Ex sequel.

Fireflu

dream said:

RickA238 said:
Add me to the Borderlands six-pack. Steam ID = ricka238

Ok so far thats 3 (including me) down for splitting up the borderlands 6 pack. Either of you 2 from the US by the way? as it works out cheaper if they pay (ahh why is everything i say rhyming D:)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Sorry if posted but CoffeeEdge at CAG spilled a few beans:

Howdy, folks. Allow me to spoil some of the surprises coming up in the rest of this week's sales.

There will be more large packs (like today's HL2 10-pack/Borderlands 6-pack/RUSE 6-pack/Deus Ex 8-pack) every day until the 29th. I'm not sure the exact days that each will happen, or what the prices will be, but here's what the games will be, and the quantities of the packs, so y'all can start to do some basic planning on group-buys:

- Aliens vs Predator (2010) 6-pack
- Audiosurf 12-pack
- Braid 10-pack
- Counter-Strike: Source 6-pack
- Defense Grid: The Awakening 10-pack
- Empire: Total War 6-pack
- Freedom Force 10-pack
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City 6-pack
- Just Cause 2 8-pack
- Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West 10-pack
- Left 4 Dead 2 6-pack
- Mount & Blade: Warband 6-pack
- Nyxquest: Kindred Spirits 10-pack
- Osmos 12-pack
- Portal 6-pack
- Puzzle Quest 2 10-pack
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack
- Red Faction: Guerrilla 8-pack
- Splinter Cell: Conviction 6-pack
- Trine 8-pack
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising 8-pack
- World of Goo 12-pack

Also, there will be more packs of indie games similar to today's Indie Energy Pack. 5 game per pack, on massive discount, one day only. Again, I don't know the daily order these will come in, or exactly what the discount will be, but, here's what the names and contents of the packs will be:

- Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
- Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
- Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
- Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
- Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

And of course, there will be more individual games on Daily Deals every day, but I don't have any info on what those will be. You'll just have to wait and see! Also, disclaimer: if any of this info is inaccurate, then oh well.

Get on that Defense Grid 10-pack folks. Thank me in like 3 months.

Find a negative user review. I challenge you.

EDIT: and it plays great with a controller for you pad folks

drizzle

Axel Hertz
dallow_bg said:
Too bad there's no prices. Of the huge packs, all I care about is Just Cause 2. I wonder what price it'll be?

Also, Indie games packs. I hate those, because I always already have some indie game/don't care about the other games.

Blablurn

wmat said:
In my opinion, it was never really worth playing.

Most people will disagree though. So yeah, I guess?

you have a mandy moore avatar. so there is basically no reason why i shouldn't trust u.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Blablurn said:
you have a mandy moore avatar. so there is basically no reason why i shouldn't trust u.
If you mean you aren't going to get it, keep in mind that I'm one of the 3 dudes in the world that prefers IW. Most people in the know would probably punch me in the mouth on the spot for saying that.

Deus Ex is often being referred to as one of the best games ever, so for that little money, it probably makes sense to at least get it to figure out what the fuzz is all about. If nothing else, it's a valuable history lesson.

I'm somewhat relieved that I already have most of the games I'd want out of that leaked bundle info. Depending on the price, I might have to jump on the Indie Story Pack though (Recettear and Puzzle Agent look interesting, and And Yet It Moves is probably worth a playthrough).

Now I just have to hold steady through the daily deals... :lol

Baha

dallow_bg said:

LovingSteam spilled the beans on the packs in the Steam thread not too long ago. The indie packs however are news to me.

coopolon

Not a lot in those packs that excites me, mostly since I already own most of em. Will definitely be interested in the just cause 2 and episodes based on the price.

Raxus

arts&crafts said:
Steam what have you done!

(I bought Alpha Protocol)
It hasn't even finished with you yet. By the end of this and Christmas your wallet will be a dry husk.

I feel bad for asking but what is Brink and why is it on so many people's list?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
- Puzzle Quest 2 10-pack
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack
Definitely interested in these.

Changed my top 5:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Dead Rising 2
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Mini Ninjas

Now that's a lot of fun and variety!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I <3 Memes said:
This would work better if we had separate threads for people to get together on the packs.

Yes, I suggest a separate thread for pack coordination since this sale is going to have crazy ones.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
- Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
- Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
- Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
- Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
- Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

Damn, if those are $5 each, I am going to be buying all of them. I will defiantly be getting the Puzzle pack if it is $10 or less, there are 3 games I really want that I don't own in it.

I hope steam doesn't try to pull a fast on with Recettear, since its both going to be in the Indy pack and its own 8 pack.

Top Bottom