• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

I enjoyed Deponia despite the main character being very annoying. He eventually becomes alright, but they sure took their time.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Giving this a bump for the new page:

This is a random mspaint draw request to win a steam code for Gatling Gears

The best humorous drawing of Star Wars gets it (skill is not necessary). You have 30 minutes for your submission. The winner is picked by me.

Good luck!

Sure, why not.

xNVJ7.png

justjim89

Well shit, just as I was starting to lose hope, they put Deponia and RE5 on sale. Picked up both, never played them and have been wanting to for a while.

Babalu.

i've been wanting to buy and play X3-Terran Conflict and DLC since black friday. I've been holding out for the steam sale and its 50% off.

But i'm hoping it will be a flash deal at %66-75 off.

Am i foolish? Its a pretty old game. Will it ever be a flash deal? Probably not right? Its ok to get it now?

MRORANGE

Mini Competition time!

Up for grabs:

330x192
330x192
330x192
330x192
330x192

How to enter:

drawn a new icon in ms paint for the game that can be used in steam

the more badly drawn the better!

Winners will be chosen in 2 hours

here is template if needs be:

jUffCb9Bgp1UT.jpg

Eternia

i've been wanting to buy and play X3-Terran Conflict and DLC since black friday. I've been holding out for the steam sale and its 50% off.

But i'm hoping it will be a flash deal at %66-75 off.

Am i foolish? Its a pretty old game. Will it ever be a flash deal? Probably not right? Its ok to get it now?
X-Franchise gets discounted by 75% pretty much every sale. I'd wait on it...

HoosTrax

Any opinions on Sine Mora?
Beautiful-looking game, but the gameplay mechanics are a bit iffy. I don't mean the fact that it's a non-standard shmup -- I'm all for innovative gameplay.

My issue with the game is that it feels a bit unfair, in that the collision boxes for your ship are unexpectedly large, so you end up being hit by things that you shouldn't be hit by. Some of the bullet patterns feel unavoidable. And in the end, the game is actually quite easy because it's totally power-up dependent. Again, due to the dubious bullet patterns and hit detection, it doesn't feel reliant on skill.

ok thanks i'll hold off then. Does anyone know when the steam sale ends? I definitly don't want to miss it

So I'm debating grabbing X3: Terran Conflict or Freespace 2 (available for $5 on GOG.com). Apparently F2 has been modded and upgraded by the community to such an extent that it looks and plays fantastic even today (it's almost 15 years old). I absolutely loved F2 back in the day, but I'm worried about it regardless of the praise it still gets.

What's the story with X3? Will it scratch that itch?

How bout The Sims 3, worth it? any must have expansion packs?

I got my wife Sims 3 for Christmas (the disc copy) and she's having nothing but problems. It keeps freezing. She is spending more time digging through forums trying to figure out how to get the game to run on her machine than she is playing the game.

And that just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom