• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsab

So, did he pick a winner or what?

People will donate games. Post your wishlist. If you have game X from your wishlist, they add your name to a raffle with others. Winner gets the game, rinse and repeat until all the games are gone.

Yeah sorry about that. I gave too much little time for the drawings so they were only 2 in the 15 minute timeframe.

kai3345

Banned
Got 20 bucks to blow this year, debating on picking up Arkham City Complete.

I already own it on 360, I'm at the part with Penguin.

Is it worth rebuying/replaying at this price just for the extra content?

Type2

Wishlist give aways are a great idea because it improves the likelihood that the games you gift are games people want and not just a game to pad a library.

I also feel obligated to actually play a game somebody went out of their way to gift me.
Ill be playing the prince of persia reboot for that reason. It's a title that ive always been curious about and now I have more of a push to play it. Plus whoever gifted it to you is likely to have beat it. That means you have somebody to discuss your experience with.

tsab

Got 20 bucks to blow this year, debating on picking up Arkham City Complete.

I already own it on 360, I'm at the part with Penguin.

Is it worth rebuying/replaying at this price just for the extra content?

No, wait a bit maybe you can get it for free.

*wink wink*

I just wanted to say it's nice to have steam friends that I can see in game (especially when it's some of my favourite games like dark souls or dota2).

Fitz

Can anyone explain Steam cloud to me? How do I save? Is it like PS+?

I believe that if a game has Steam Cloud support then when you exit a game it automatically uploads the saves from your PC to their servers. It can then download the saves when there is a conflict between your local and cloud saves for a game.

EDIT: beat

Wthermans

Banned
Guys, believe it or not our wishlist thread currently has more gifts than wishlists posted!
How about reading the OP(The first two posts) and joining in on some of the gifting.
Make sure to have your wishlists posted!

Steam GAF Wishlist: Gift and Thou Shall Receive

Very first GAF giveaway I've been able to contribute to. Would LOVE to have someone receive my Awesomenauts and Binding of Isaac + DLC. Hurry and post your wishlist!

Mihos

Gold Member
Giving away on the Steam wishlist always feels better than getting.

Most of the spoiled bastards on my friends list already have everything!

Fitz

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a game only available in the US on a UK (or other region) Steam account? I really want to get my hands on Drakensang: The River of Time whilst it's currently on sale, but it's only available in the US as far as I can tell.

Would getting if gifted to me, or buying it myself through a proxy let me play it without having to be in the US?

Yep, it auto-sync your game saves to their server. It syncs after quitting out of the game or Steam.

I believe that if a game has Steam Cloud support then when you exit a game it automatically uploads the saves from your PC to their servers. It can then download the saves when there is a conflict between your local and cloud saves for a game.

EDIT: beat

it just sends the save to the cloud automatically.

I was thinking of a similar adjustment to the thread title for a while so i approve of this

Thanks for the info. Can I look at my cloud saves? I don't think VVVVV saves any of my progress as I had to start from start everytime.

Fitz

Thanks for the info. Can I look at my cloud saves? I don't think VVVVV saves any of my progress as I had to start from start everytime.

I don't think it's possible to look at your cloud saves, even deleting them can be a real pain in my experience. As far as I know the only way to see your cloud saves is to force a snyc conflict and let Steam download your cloud saves.

tsab

VVVVVV doesn't have steam cloud
You can easily identify them if they have a cloud icon in the list view. Also I think VVVVVV doesn't autosave, so you must save yourself.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Your VVVVV savegame gets deleted because you probably run some "clean up" software that deletes all your cookies from your browser.

VVVVV, being a Flash game, saves your progress on a cookie. It is also not a Steamworks Cloud supported game.

MRORANGE

Giving this a bump for the new page:

This is a random mspaint draw request to win a steam code for Gatling Gears

The best humorous drawing of Star Wars gets it (skill is not necessary). You have 30 minutes for your submission. The winner is picked by me.

Good luck!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a game only available in the US on a UK (or other region) Steam account? I really want to get my hands on Drakensang: The River of Time whilst it's currently on sale, but it's only available in the US as far as I can tell.

Would getting if gifted to me, or buying it myself through a proxy let me play it without having to be in the US?

Having it gifted to you should let you play it. Using proxy or VPN to buy it is against Steam TOS iirc.

Buy Deponia, people. I'm a couple of hours into it since I'm really slow on point n clicks, but the overall world and characters are very charming. The music is also nice and it definitely likes to point and laugh at itself. The hero of the game is more or less what you'd expect to find on a trash planet too lol.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
me and my mate was talking bout resident evil operation raccoon city like 20 minutes ago saying it needs to drop lower then low and behold its on sale lol

Megasoum

Banned
The first rule of Steam sales is killing me right now lol.

I really want Evochron but since it's already at 40% off there's a good chance it will end up in a daily or flash at some point. My reason is telling me to wait but my short vacations are telling me I should just play it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom